Some questions about Casper

Sorry, I’m making topics like crazy today. :joy:

So, I recently added the name [name_m]Casper[/name_m] to my list. I think it’s just the sweetest, but I have a few questions about it before I’m 100% on board.

1. Is it too childish? I feel like I can see it working better on a little boy, so I would love to hear your opinions on it! [name_m]Can[/name_m] a grow with someone for their whole life?

2. Is it too connected to The Friendly Ghost? I personally didn’t grow up with the book, so the association isn’t very strong for me, but I know it is for some people.

3. What middle names would you pair with it? Right now I have [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Noel[/name_u] on my list, but I am definitely open to suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes
  1. I think it works well on an adult, I can totally picture a [name_m]Casper[/name_m] though if you want stern business man than a better name is suited, I think [name_m]Casper[/name_m] as an adult is a man who owns a dog and likes to hike, a totally friendly dude whose a bit bohemian, maybe owns a guitar but looks like he does

2. Didn’t grow up with the name but know the movie and I’m a teenberry mind you, I think it’s a good association, definitely get a few friendly jokes “Hey [name_m]Casper[/name_m] the Friendly Ghost get over here” I would associate it right away but I wouldn’t really mind it, I think most people will associate it but wouldn’t think the name is any less or scorn the parents for picking it with such a wide association

3. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Noel[/name_u], going blank on combos but I’ll come back, for now I love [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Jax[/name_m] and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]!

1 Like

Casper is so sweet!

1. I don’t find it childish at all!
  2. I don’t think so, but I never watched/read it either. Didn’t even know it was a book until I read your post!
  3. Casper [name_u]Noel[/name_u] is sweet!
    [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Rooney[/name_u]
    [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]
    [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]
    [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
1 Like
  1. I really like [name_m]Casper[/name_m], and I can picture it on all ages.

2. I didn’t know there was a book, but I used to watch the movie every time I went to my grandparents house when I was young so I do think of the ghost. However, if I knew someone with the name I would associate the name with the person before the ghost. I wouldn’t worry about the friendly ghost association. I don’t think many people under the age of 20 have even seen it and I’m sure most kids under 10 don’t even know what it is.

3. I love [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Noel[/name_u]! A previous poster also mentioned [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]. I think that’s nice.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too childish or connected to the character. You may get some friendly ghost references, but it’s becoming more commonplace as a name (and it is a gorgeous name!).

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Noel[/name_u] is very handsome
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Mars[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Uriah[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Grove[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Bastian[/name_m]

1 Like

I associate it with the ghost TV show of my youth and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] Weinberger, alas. Oh, and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] Gutman (sp?).

But otherwise, it is a fine name and one that should be brought back.

I love [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] which is like it, but not.

I think the only thing that could seem childish about it is the ghost allusion. Otherwise, it is just like [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], but with a C. :slight_smile:

Casper [name_u]Noel[/name_u] is lovely!

1 Like

I adore the name [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and, if I can get my partner on board, would consider it seriously for this baby. I absolutely think it can grow with a child into adulthood and The Friendly Ghost Association doesn’t bother me. I’ve taught a few Caspers and I’ve never heard any of their friends make mention of it (and even if they did it’s not a bad association).

Some pairings I like are:

Casper [name_m]Elio[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Miles[/name_u]

1 Like

Thanks for all of the replies so far! They are most helpful! Also, I was completely wrong about the friendly ghost being a book! Oops!

1. Casper feels charming and handsome. It’s cute for a kid but could mature too

2. The association is there but I don’t think it’s overwhelming

3. Casper [name_u]Noel[/name_u] is lovely. I’d suggest [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Joel[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]

1 Like

I think [name_m]Casper[/name_m] is sweet! I think it works well on both a kid and an adult. It’s a classic but underused name that can definitely grow with the wearer over time. I’m actually a big fan of the name, but personally the Friendly Ghost association is a bit too strong for me. If you don’t have that association, I don’t think it’s a problem. I don’t think many kids today would make the association, and if people do make the association, it’s not a bad one!

As for middle names, I’m not sure about your style but some suggestions in the vain of [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Noel[/name_u]:
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Willem[/name_m]
Casper Luca

1 Like

Oh I LOVEEE [name_m]Casper[/name_m]! Personally though, I would probably use the [name_m]Kasper[/name_m] spelling. I feel like it helps tone down the ghost association a bit. Though I don’t think it’s a negative association, just a strong one for me

1 Like

Casper is fantastic, not childish at all and the friendly ghost is not an issue. It was an established name well before the cartoon.

So many great middle suggestions already. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favourite combo is [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Julian[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. I don’t think of the name as too childish. If anything, I have an easier time picturing it on an adult than a child. However, nicknames can soften!

2. For me the connection to the Friendly Ghost is very strong, and the name is nfm for that reason. I love a lot of similar names like [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Castor[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] and [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], but the connection to the ghost makes me feel like this is a “one person name.” That said, it isn’t a negative association by ANY means and this doesn’t render it unusable!

3. Casper [name_u]Noel[/name_u] is nice! [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Julien[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Blaine[/name_u], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] all came to mind right away as well for some reason.

1 Like

It does remind me of [name_m]Casper[/name_m] the friendly ghost. However I still really love it and I think it could make a come back. I like the name with more traditional middles so
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

1 Like
  1. I don’t think it’s too childish! I can imagine [name_m]Casper[/name_m] very easily as a young child or a grown adult. He could always go by “[name_m]Cas[/name_m]” or “Caz” in highschool if he wanted a slightly edgier name in his teenage years. I definitely think it could grow with him.

2. I would love to see this name be used outside of The Friendly Ghost! I think it’s too good of a name to be used for one character and one character only. I’ve heard of people using it for their kids, and I don’t think it should be too much of an issue for you.

3. I love [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Noel[/name_u]! Other suggestions:

Casper Niccolo
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Otis[/name_m]

1 Like
  • absolutely not childish at all! i think it’s very timeless. can you just see a super handsome grandpa sipping hot cocoa by the fire next to his christmas tree?

• i grew up with the friendly ghost and i absolutely loved him. even if people make the connection, it’s not a bad one at all. and will kids of his generation even know it?

• casper noel :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: what a magical, beautiful, sparkling, blessed name! especially for a december baby!
    i don’t think i have any ideas that would top casper noel, but here are some thoughts:
    casper seth
    casper levi
    casper phoenix
    casper snow
    casper nicholas
    casper lachlan
    casper nehemiah
    casper grey
    casper jade
    casper wyatt

2 Likes
  1. I can’t see how it can be childish.
  2. For me before joining NB it was, but now I associate it with some NB users! Also none of the kids I know knows it.
  3. [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
2 Likes
  1. Not childish at all! I know one [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and he’s an adult and it suits him well.

2. I don’t associate [name_m]Casper[/name_m] with the movie, but even if I did it wouldn’t be so bad.

3. Casper [name_u]Noel[/name_u] is amazing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s childish, I think it would grow well with an individual.

i do have the [name_m]Casper[/name_m] the friendly ghost association, but i haven’t seen the movie since i was very young and I don’t know if the more recent generation has seen it. Also it’s my cat’s name so that is more my immediate association now

Casper [name_u]Noel[/name_u] is lovely! Some other options:

Casper [name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]

1 Like

No I don’t think it’s to childish imo. I don’t think [name_m]Casper[/name_m] the friendly ghost is a big association.

Casper [name_m]Archie[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Ash[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Fenton[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Winton[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]