[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’m a teenberry so even without the virus this is a long way away, but I’d like emigrate out of the United States (Right now I’m thinking [name_f]Canada[/name_f] or [name_u]New[/name_u] Zealand, leaning towards [name_u]New[/name_u] Zealand, but I’d like to hear as many stories as possible). If any expats (from any country!) in this community would like to answer some of my questions, I’d be pretty grateful!
- At what age did you immigrate?
- Did you immigrate with anyone? If yes, who?
- About how far away did you immigrate? From what country to where?
- [name_m]How[/name_m] long did it take for you to get citizenship in your new country/what kind of permits or visas did you have in the beginning and how has that changed?
- What is your favorite thing about your new country? What is your least?
- What was the hardest thing to adjust too in your new country?
- [name_f]Do[/name_f] you travel back to your birth country to visit anyone (family, friends, etc)? If yes, how often?
- If you have kids, have they been to your birth country? [name_m]How[/name_m] often have they visited and what is your “routine” when traveling with them?
- If you could go back and change one thing about how you immigrated, what would you change?
- [name_m]How[/name_m] did you tell your family that you were immigrating? What was their reactions?
- What do you do to stay in touch with your family? [name_m]How[/name_m] do you get around a big time zone difference when calling or face-timing?
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!