Somebody got cold feet. Help, please? (Remy and Hugo?)

So I thought we had our names down, but my DH has gotten cold feet on the names. At first I felt like strangling him since he didn’t speak up at all during the original naming process other than to veto a few names. However, once I calmed down I realized I would much rather have him voice this opinion in [name]October[/name] rather than waiting until [name]January[/name], and honestly I do have a tendency to get an idea in my head and start bolting with it.

The way he described it was that he likes the names we have, and doesn’t want to get rid of them yet, but he’s not sure they’re exactly right and wants some options. So I handed him my ridiculously long list of possible names I had. The first thing he came up with was [name]Remy[/name]. Which I found really surprising, but I guess one of the X-men has [name]Remy[/name] as name, so that’s why he’s familiar with it and likes it. Next he tried pairing [name]Remy[/name] with names like [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Sullivan[/name] which I vetoed since they’re two dissimilar. Eventually he picked [name]Hugo[/name] which I think works ok with [name]Remy[/name].

While I like both names, I’m not really sold on them enough to give them to my kids. [name]Do[/name] you guys like [name]Remy[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name], and do you like them together? [name]Feel[/name] free to convince me. I don’t have any idea what to do about middles for them. I’m definitely not read to let go of [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], so I guess if I ok these names we’ll take all four with us to the hospital and choose then.

I like [name]Remy[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name], I also like [name]Henry[/name] and theodore. [name]Remington[/name] nn remy and [name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name] work well together. I think you should take all 4 and see what works. side note [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] might be too matchy s are [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Theo[/name].

Hm. If I’m being honest, I was about to come on here and ask you if [name]Remy[/name] was a boy or a girl. So, that’s an issue. Also, [name]Remy[/name] feels very much like a pet name to me, but that could be because my neighbor has a new (female) puppy, [name]Remi[/name], and my other neighbor has a (male) dog called Reny, short for Renegade. Very solidified in dog territory for me, sadly. [name]Romy[/name]? Now that’s another story…for a girl. [name]Ah[/name]!

I love [name]Henry[/name]. It is my favorite name for a boy! And, I love [name]Theodore[/name], as [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] are such great nicknames and [name]Theodore[/name] has this really cool, vintage image. That being said, I also think [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] are absolutely perfect for your boys - both are a little more on the quirky side of the classic spectrum, whereas [name]Henry[/name] is solidly slated in the “popular classics” domain. Popularity doesn’t bother me a bit, though, so I’m not going to use that as an argument against [name]Henry[/name] - I just think [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] fit very well together!

So, that’s what I’d say. Maybe you get [name]Theodore[/name] and he gets [name]Hugo[/name]? Or, maybe you go with the original [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]? Or, maybe you go with [name]Henry[/name], bless his heart, and find something altogether new for his brother - I quite like the idea of [name]Russell[/name] and [name]Henry[/name], with [name]Russell[/name] perhaps going by something perky and playful like Russy - close to [name]Remy[/name] - or [name]Russ[/name]. I like that a lot, actually! I just wouldn’t personally choose [name]Remy[/name] for my son.

[name]Hope[/name] this helps! Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I don’t mind [name]Remy[/name] (French unisex name) but I don’t like it paired with [name]Hugo[/name]. I love [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] together. So that way, he gets [name]Hugo[/name] and you get [name]Theodore[/name]. Maybe [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Henry[/name]…what do you think?

[name]Remy[/name] (or actually I prefer [name]Remi[/name]) has been a favorite of mine for a long long time! And [name]Hugo[/name] is a recent favorite :slight_smile:
I took [name]Remi[/name] off my short list because non-French people seem to think it’s a girl’s name. :frowning:

I love [name]Remy[/name]. There’s a [name]Remy[/name] at my daughter’s creche, beautiful dark eyed dark haired boy. My daughter is going to marry him, which is nice. To me it’s very much a boy’s name.

I like all your names, but I think there is something very balanced about [name]Remy[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name].

First, I love all your name choices ([name]Hugo[/name], [name]Remy[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Theodore[/name]).
I actually think [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Remy[/name] go ok together, although I do think that there are other matches that are better.
My personal favourites: [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] OR [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theo[/name]). I think these sound classy and masculine together. [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] would work nicely too. Phew! I guess I’m not very helpful. Didn’t really narrow anything down. Except that seeing all these names together I guess [name]Remy[/name] works least with the rest (in my opinion).
You really have a tough choice, but if it were me I would do a mix, one name from your list, one name from hubby’s.

Good luck!

I think that [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Sullivan[/name] work better with [name]Hugo[/name] than [name]Remy[/name]. [name]Remy[/name] sounds a bit girly and just sounds like a pet name as one [name]Berry[/name] mentioned. I would reconsider those names or try and sell him on [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] which are simply perfect! [name]Nix[/name] [name]Remy[/name] and you are sure to find a winning match :smiley:

So, that’s what I’d say. Maybe you get Theodore and he gets Hugo? Or, maybe you go with the original Henry and Theodore? Or, maybe you go with Henry, bless his heart, and find something altogether new for his brother - I quite like the idea of Russell and Henry, with Russell perhaps going by something perky and playful like Russy - close to Remy - or Russ. I like that a lot, actually! I just wouldn’t personally choose Remy for my son.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Lemon :slight_smile:

I love [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Russell[/name]. I had never given it much serious thought until recently, also I just heard of someone named [name]Russell[/name] nn [name]Rusty[/name] which is actually growing on me and cute at least for a little boy.

My favorite though is [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Teddy[/name]. I love it to pieces.

I like [name]Remy[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] together. They strike me as very French, though. That’s the predominate impression I get from those names. I don’t see that as a good or bad thing, but worth noting. I have a friend who goes by [name]Remy[/name] (short for [name]Jeremy[/name]), and I always thought that it was a good name that suited him. And the rat in the Disney film Ratatouille is named [name]Remy[/name], so that’s a reference that your son would probably become acquainted with in his childhood. [name]Hugo[/name] makes me think of the Lost character and the author [name]Victor[/name] [name]Hugo[/name].

[name]Henry[/name] is one of my favorite names, and I think that it works very well with [name]Theodore[/name]. But they have a very different flavor than [name]Remy[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]. I’m not sure that I like [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] together or Theordore and [name]Hugo[/name] or [name]Remy[/name] and either of them, if you are thinking of mixing and matching.