Somebody help!

We are 2 weeks from due date, and don’t feel convicted about any name. Sex is unknown, so we need both. Last name is [name]Morrissey[/name], big sister is [name]Norah[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Here are some from my list, but we have zero concensus, and an overall lack of enthusiasm about the names, but we realize it is an important decision. i think we’re just tired.

girls:
cate
quinn
madeline
maeve (husband doesn’t like it)
claire (husband says “it’s a fat girls name”…breakfast club)

boys:
nolan james
griffin james
andrew james (called drew)

any feedback would be awesome. i would feel terrible to give the baby a name and wake up refreshed in 6 months and realize i was being lazy and didn’t give it enough thought.

[name]Norah[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] would make a beautiful sibset. And what about [name]Clara[/name] as an alternative to [name]Claire[/name]? [name]Don[/name]'t personally like [name]Quinn[/name] as its gender neutral and [name]Norah[/name] isn’t…

All your boy names are classic - you can’t go wrong!

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN …I CAN’T DECIDE ON A NAME THAT I [name]JUST[/name] REALLY [name]LOVE[/name] FOR THE LIFE OF ME…LOL…SO OUT OF YOUR GIRLS NAMES I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]QUINN[/name] OR [name]KATE[/name]…BUT ALSO THOUGHT OF [name]NINA[/name] FOR SOME [name]REASON[/name]…[name]JUST[/name] THOUGHT I’D THROW THAT OUT THERE AND FOR A BOY I [name]LOVE[/name] THE NAME [name]GRIFFIN[/name]( ALTHOUGH MY HUBBY HAS VETOED IT FOR ME BECAUSE HE SAYS IT IS THE NAME OF SOME SORT OF MYTHICAL BEAST…LOL) MY SECOND FAV. OF YOUR BOYS NAMES IS [name]ANDREW[/name]…GOOD [name]LUCK[/name]! POST WHEN YOU DECIDE

I think [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] might be too close for siblings.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] though and think [name]Finn[/name] is a darling nickname. :slight_smile:

I agree that [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] are too close, but think your other two boys’ names are great. I love [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name] too but your husband needs to be on board. I think [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Cate[/name] are very cute, especially since both have a spelling quirk that’s still classic – cute. A couple of other out-of-the-box ideas: [name]Celia[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], or [name]Hope[/name]…that you have a boy!

I really like [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name]. My favorite girls name from your list is [name]Madeline[/name], but I prefer it pronounced like Mad-uh-lyn. Other girl name suggestions:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]/[name]Coral[/name]/[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Danica[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name]/[name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]/[name]Julianne[/name]/[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Mattea[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Melina[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Selah[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name]
[name]Tamar[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]

I love [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name] for boys. The nicknames [name]Drew[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] are adorable. [name]Cate[/name] is a wonderful name for a girl, but I would name her [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Cathleen[/name]. [name]Madeleine[/name] helps insure the Mad-uh-linn pronounciation. I love [name]Celia[/name] but would use [name]Cecilia[/name] for her full name. [name]Lucia[/name] ([name]Lucy[/name]) is a great idea. What about [name]Maisie[/name], short for [name]Margaret[/name]? What about [name]Tamsin[/name]?

What great names. I esp. love [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Drew[/name]. But I also find myself a fan of [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] (although I agree that [name]Nolan[/name] does not work with [name]Norah[/name]).

For you, I think [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Cathleen[/name] ([name]Maeve[/name] or [name]Cate[/name]) for [name]Norah[/name]'s little sister and [name]Griffin[/name] [name]James[/name] ([name]Griffin[/name] or [name]Finn[/name]) for her brother.

I love [name]Griffin[/name]. [name]Drew[/name] is my second favorite. I think [name]Maeve[/name] or [name]Claire[/name] would work wonderfully with [name]Norah[/name].

I disagree totally-- I think [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Norah[/name] sound great together, like a matched set. [name]Nolan[/name]‘s unusual but not bizarre. Of course, it probably helps that I know a very handsome [name]Nolan[/name]. :slight_smile: I think the other two boys’ names are a bit overdone.

girls:
cate- I really love this name! Only as a first name though.
quinn- Masculine! Masculine! Masculine!
madeline- Pretty but all the variations (and the nickname [name]Maddie[/name]) makes this name unappealing.
maeve (husband doesn’t like it)-Absolutely amazing! However If your husband doesn’t like you should make a compromise (probably not this name.
claire (husband says “it’s a fat girls name”…breakfast club)- [name]Love[/name] this! Not fat girl at all.

boys:
nolan james- I love [name]Nolan[/name] it underused and amazing.
griffin james- [name]Griffin[/name] is alright, I like the spunky feeling it gives
andrew james (called drew)- [name]Andrew[/name] is possibly one of the best names ever! It combines masculinity with class and incorporates some religion. Not matter how popular it gets it is always amazing name to give your kid.

[name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Cate[/name] are my picks.

You have the same style of names that I like: [name]Quinn[/name] is my number one favorite name for a girl. I think it is a cute girl’s name and not as masculine as people are saying. [name]Clare[/name] is a top favorite of mine but I would spell it without an I after County [name]Clare[/name] in [name]Ireland[/name]. Next would be [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Cate[/name]. I don’t really care for [name]Madeline[/name] since there are so many.

I love all your boys names! I would use any of those first names. My husband is [name]Aaron[/name] and his middle name is [name]James[/name] so I think the two syllables, ending in n names go great with [name]James[/name]. I also like [name]Jameson[/name]. [name]Love[/name] those names! I also like [name]Owen[/name], [name]Cohen[/name], [name]Declan[/name], [name]Dorian[/name], and [name]Kellen[/name].

[name]Caitlin[/name] is the first name that really came to mind. It’s basically melding a few of the names you have on your list. [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Caitlin[/name] are on the same playing field, if you know what I mean. [name]Jocelyn[/name] would also go quite well

None of your boys names really jump out at me when I read them with [name]Norah[/name]'s name. I adore the name [name]Nolan[/name] and if you’d be okay with the N & N thing, then that gets my vote.
For [name]Norah[/name]'s brother I’d go with something like [name]Zachary[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Wyatt[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]Tristan[/name] [name]James[/name]. [name]Tye[/name] is also a good one.

HTH a bit (:

From your girl’s list my favorite is [name]Claire[/name] (I don’t think that it’s a “fat girl’s name”), although if you used [name]Cate[/name] as a nickname for [name]Catherine[/name] that one would be my favorite.

[name]Andrew[/name] “[name]Drew[/name]” [name]James[/name] is my pick from your boy’s list.

ETA: I saw that you mentioned that the due date was two weeks from [name]December[/name] 2. I don’t know if the OP is still looking for a name or not, but I posted my thoughts anyway.