Something about Elijah

So after choosing 3 names I liked and calling bump by them to see if it feels right none of them have felt right. A name I thought my partner would never like I’ve just suggested and he loves it. I’ve called my boy [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] whilst rubbing my belly and it just feels perfect. [name_m]Eli[/name_m] is such a cute nickname too! What do you all think? I know it’s popular in rank but I don’t know anybody with this name? Is it really that popular?

I have known only 1 [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]. He was a couple years ahead of me in school. As for its popularity on children today, I think it must be regional because I don’t know any at all. But it’s a great name! Especially since you both love it. And I also think [name_m]Eli[/name_m] is a sweet nickname. I say use it! :slight_smile:

You should check its popularity in the state you live online, because it differs from state to state. Whether it’s too popular or not really depends on you, everyone’s opinion on the subject is different.

It’s a great name! I know two young Elijahs, one near me and one out of state, and I’ve seen one or two through local sports as well.

[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] is extremely popular where I live.

I know one little [name_m]Eli[/name_m] but no [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]'s in my area. I think it’s a great name and if it feels right, you should go for it!

I don’t know any Elijahs and haven’t come across many in the past; either. I think it’s a name that’s heard of but not overused, but that might depend on where you live. It’s a lovely choice though and is classic but cool enough to sound fresh and modern at the same time. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t let popularity deter you from choosing a name you truly love. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] seems right for you!! I’ve only met two

I don know any Elijahs. I know one [name_m]Eli[/name_m]. I love both names! I slightly prefer [name_m]Eli[/name_m]. There´s also the [name_m]Eben[/name_m], [name_m]Eliam[/name_m], and the unisex [name_u]Elisha[/name_u].

I love [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]! It’s such a strong, handsome name, while still being soft and sweet.

So nice to see that it’s not as popular as I originally believed. I’m totally in love with this name for my boy

I like [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]. I’d be tempted to use it myself if it wasnt so biblical. The only [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] I know of is my half-cousin, who must be around 12

[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] is cute. My nephew is [name_m]Eli[/name_m] and he’s adorable!

I adore both [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] and [name_m]Eli[/name_m]! I hear [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] mentioned quite often but I haven’t personally met anyone with this name. It might be more popular where you live, though, you can look up it’s popularity in your state online if it bothers you.

It is popular, but it’s a lovely name and so is [name_m]Eli[/name_m]! It’s popular for good reason. Seconding looking up by your specific state to make sure the popularity in your area isn’t a dealbreaker for you. For myself, I think there are worse things than sharing a name with another kid in your class and it’s a lovely name and seems like it might be the “one” for you!

I’ve never met an [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] and I’m a teacher! Regardless, if it’s the name, then use it!