Something Fresh Please

Hello Berries!

As always, I can’t seem to find any boys names that really stick. The only name I have consistently liked is [name]James[/name] and I think it’s a bit boring and it doesn’t really match a lot of my girl names. I just never know where to start with boys! Girls’ names are endlessly fascinating, and I feel like boys’ names all sound the same.

What are some boys names that are fresh and spunky and not too formal?

Here are some of my favorites for girls, to give you a rough idea of my style, though I’m open to names that are totally out there!

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]April[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]May[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tansy[/name]
[name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Tuesday[/name]

Thank you so much! I’m not pregnant, but it’s frustrating for a name lover to have so much to think about on the one side and a total dead end on the other.

Quirk

[name]Lovely[/name] list of girl’s names!! So many of my personal favorites, here are some of my favorites for boys:

[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Dougray[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]
Lyles
[name]Morris[/name]
[name]Wallace[/name]
[name]Walden[/name]/[name]Walter[/name]/[name]Walt[/name]

Here’s a few for you to think about;

[name]Alby[/name]/[name]Albie[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Archie[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Toby[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Keelan[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Niall[/name]
[name]August[/name]

First of all, I love [name]James[/name], it’s a handsome, enduring classic with wonderful nicknames like [name]Jem[/name] and [name]Jamie[/name].

Some fresh suggestions:
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Winston[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]

[name]Jethro[/name] - short, unexpected, classic enough to not sound made up, but unusual. Cuts down to [name]Jet[/name]. Not hard to spell. More uncommon than the currently current [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]. Sound fitting with [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Tansy[/name], and other retro-lively picks.

[name]Cassius[/name] - Okay, part of it is I just love the NN [name]Cash[/name], but [name]Cassius[/name] has a relaxed but not kreative sound I really like. I am thinking of the [name]Cash[/name]-us pronunciation, [name]Cass[/name]-ee-us is valid too. [name]Cashel[/name] could be another option.

[name]Corbin[/name], [name]Callum[/name] - [name]Callum[/name] has the advantage of laid back nickname [name]Cal[/name], like the recommendation of [name]Calvin[/name] upthread. [name]Corbin[/name] has a nature meaning I like with [name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] but doesn’t sound out of place with current boys’ trends - though its not very popular.

Other options, closer to home when you’re talking [name]James[/name], could be [name]Hamish[/name] or [name]Seamus[/name], both of which are international versions of [name]James[/name], just like [name]James[/name] is an international version of [name]Jacob[/name].

[name]James[/name] is nice, too, though.

I love [name]James[/name], I have a good association with almost every [name]James[/name] ive ever met and my friend and I had a discussion recently about how a majority of [name]James[/name]’ are good looking lol

[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Nigel[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Clarence[/name]
[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Bradley[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Roger[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Mason[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Brady[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]

Thank you so much for the lovely lists! These ones really struck my fancy.
[name]Toby[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Archie[/name]

Got me thinking about [name]Tolliver[/name], [name]Arlo[/name] and [name]Milo[/name] as well. Thoughts on those?

I’d love to hear suggestions for word names for boys. [name]Virtue[/name] names, nature names, whatever.

Quirk

I’d love to throw in some suggestions!

Vetiver - is a perennial grass
[name]Mungo[/name]
Kestrel
Arctium - a genus of plants
[name]Bartleby[/name]
[name]Noble[/name]
[name]Valerian[/name] - an herb
[name]Elm[/name]
[name]Oberon[/name]
[name]Zephyr[/name]
[name]Hawthorn[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Vermilion[/name]
[name]Octavian[/name]
Merit
[name]Royal[/name]
[name]Justice[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Lysander[/name]
[name]Percival[/name]
[name]Esmond[/name]

I just posted this list on another thread about unusual boys names – it also fits here! I’ll add a few as well. :slight_smile:

[name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Pollux[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Ferdinand[/name]
[name]Wallace[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name]
[name]Waldo[/name]
[name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Darwin[/name]
[name]Baxter[/name]
[name]Auberon[/name]
[name]Winslow[/name]
[name]Ruskin[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Merlin[/name]
[name]Ivor[/name]
[name]Arrow[/name]
[name]Jabez[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Gareth[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Sinclair[/name]
[name]Prospero[/name]

I like [name]Noble[/name] a lot, and [name]Zephyr[/name] and [name]Ivor[/name] are very cool. I love the sound of [name]Arrow[/name], but I’m not into that spelling. Which is best, [name]Eero[/name] or [name]Aro[/name]?

I’m having a girl & naming her [name]Arrow[/name] with that spelling. It looks feminine to me while the spelling of Aero looks masculine to me.

I really like [name]Tolliver[/name]. The nn Tolly is super cute and he’s not lumped in with the popular [name]Oliver[/name]. I also really, really like [name]Milo[/name], but it’s becoming very popular lately and I hate that :frowning:

[name]Noble[/name] [name]Sage[/name] is a name I’ve been throwing around lately. Maybe that’s not the best combo, but I like both of those names. I also like [name]Arrow[/name], Hawke / [name]Hawk[/name], [name]Crew[/name] / [name]Crewe[/name] and [name]Parke[/name], just to name a few. I’ve been researching word names a lot lately and I’ve added quite a few to my list :slight_smile:

Oh, I love loads of your girls’ names! I love seeing [name]May[/name], [name]Tuesday[/name], and [name]Thisbe[/name] on someone else’s list. [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Arlo[/name] are also favorites of mine.

Maybe …

[name]Alban[/name]
[name]Sayer[/name]
[name]Rollo[/name] (Not sure how wearable this one is realistically, but I like it.)
[name]Alden[/name] / Alder
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Inigo[/name]
[name]Casper[/name] / [name]Caspar[/name]
[name]Sylvan[/name] / [name]Silvan[/name]
[name]Booker[/name]
[name]Constant[/name]
[name]Ernest[/name] / [name]Earnest[/name]
[name]Hector[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Philo[/name]
[name]Clement[/name]
[name]Roald[/name]
[name]Ashby[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Keane[/name]
Ames (or [name]Amos[/name]. I pronounce them differently, but they’re similar enough to sort of lump in together.)
[name]Rafe[/name]
[name]Ruben[/name] / [name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Sander[/name]
[name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Val[/name]
[name]March[/name]
[name]North[/name]
[name]Larkin[/name]
[name]Amory[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Cosmo[/name]
[name]Errol[/name]
[name]Boaz[/name]
[name]Ivo[/name]
[name]Pasco[/name] / [name]Pascoe[/name]

Oh, I hadn’t considered Aero! Is that a legitimate spelling? Jshores, I agree with you, I’ve been getting really into word names lately. And nono, we are naming soulmates! That list is so lovely.

I like Alder and [name]Cedric[/name]. [name]Constant[/name] is so unexpected! I really want to like [name]Ashby[/name], because I love that “by” ending, but it sounds so uppity to me! [name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Philo[/name]? And I’m so glad you mentioned [name]March[/name] and [name]North[/name]. Those are some favorites of mine I had forgotten about. Also, I have a cousin named [name]Reeve[/name]! Everyone in my family thinks it super weird, but I like it. (His siblings are [name]Trey[/name] and [name]Ella[/name].)

Thank you all!
Quirk

[name]Adlai[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Zinc[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Kermit[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]