Song Lyrics

I have been meaning to make this thread for like a week, and finally got around to it. So. This thread is for song lyrics that you heard or even wrote. They can be happy, sad, relatable, anything. Maybe they got you through something, maybe they made you laugh. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a couple of rules:

1. Don’t post anything inappropriate or with excessive cursing. If the words aren’t yours, personally I will cut you some slack, but just remember that others might not.
  2. Don’t post anything that could be a serious trigger to someone.

If you remember, please post the artist and title because some people will want to listen to the song (cough me cough cough). I’ll start with a couple lyrics I heard recently:

Victoria [name_u]Justice[/name_u]; Treat Myself: “I wouldn’t say the things I do to anybody else, so why’s it okay to say to myself?”
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_m]Meyer[/name_m]-Landrut; thank you: “Thank you, for knocking me down. Cause these scars, they just make me stronger. And your words, they don’t matter now, so thank you, thank you, for knocking me down.”
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u] Clarkson; Broken and Beautiful: “I’m broken and it’s beautiful”
Cimorelli; I Am Enough: the whole song
[name_f]Demi[/name_f] Lovato, Marshmello; OK Not To Be OK: “It’s OK not to be OK”
[name_u]Julie[/name_u] and the Phantoms Cast; Flying [name_u]Solo[/name_u]: “When I look at you it’s like I’m looking at me”
[name_f]Demi[/name_f] Lovato; Skyscraper: “Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper”
Cimorelli; You’re [name_m]Worth[/name_m] It: “When will you realize, baby you’re worth it, you don’t have to do anything to earn it”

That’s all… for now. I don’t want to load too many lyrics on to people and make them not reply. Also, if you remember a lyric but not the tune or song or anything (or vice versa), totally post here and someone can help you figure it out so you can listen to the song again!

-[name_f]Elle[/name_f]

1 Like

Another: [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] Trainor, [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_u]Sloan[/name_u]; Workin’ On It: “Never liked compliments, cause it’s always been so hard believing them”

1 Like

This is a good idea!
Maroon 5; Payphone: “I know its hard to remember the people we used to be its even harder to picture that your not here next to me”

ETA:
Alessia Cara; Scars to your beautiful: “And you don’t have to change a thing the world could change its heart” (basically this whole song is a booster)

3 Likes

Celtic Woman; Dulaman

“Dulaman na binne, bui Dulaman Gaelach”

(I’m too lazy to type the lettering accents, sorry haha)

My boyfriend posted a picture of us on Instagram with these lyrics in the background so now I’m emotionally attached to this part of the song. :slight_smile:

Ricky [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u]

Line Without a Hook
And in my eyes, there is a tiny dancer
Watching over me, he’s singing
“She’s a, she’s a lady, and I am just a boy”
He’s singing, “She’s a, she’s a lady, and I am just a line without a hook”

Baby, I am a wreck when I’m without you
I need you here to stay

3 Likes

Star Shopping, [name_f]Lil[/name_f] Peep

Look at the sky tonight, all of the stars have a reason
A reason to shine, a reason like mine and I’m fallin’ to pieces
Look at the sky tonight, all of the stars have a reason

2 Likes

I’ll add some more later but here’s some sad lyrics:

Isaac [name_m]Dunbar[/name_m]; love, or the lack thereof: “I close myself off in hopes of your love. Not my fault that I crave your attention. I want your tough love and all the bad stuff.”

Sasha [name_u]Sloan[/name_u]; Older: “And loving is hard, it don’t always work, you just try your best not to get hurt.”

Olivia O’[name_m]Brien[/name_m]; NOW: “Cause I need somebody who could be somebody. I thought that somebody was you. But you’re no good for me, probably rather leave me lonely. Guess our fairytale story ain’t true.”

1 Like

Wow these are all really cool! And @eileithyia, your boyfriend sounds really sweet.

Haha I just remember this lyric that me and my friends learned in musical theater, it’s from Matilda, “Pick up your hockey stick and use it as a sword!”

1 Like

Most Girls, by [name_f]Hailee[/name_f] Steinfeld, “You look greatest when you feel like a d*mn queen”. I currently love this song.

George [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]’s All Things Must Pass (currently my favorite relax song):

Sunrise doesn’t last all morning
A cloudburst doesn’t last all day
Seems my love is up and has left you with no warning
But it’s not always going to be this grey

I originally heard “it’s not always going to be this great,” not “grey,” and honestly I love both messages— the pick-me-up, and then also that we should remember to be thankful for what we have.

1 Like

Never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down

1 Like

They say don’t open old wounds
But you’re still brand new
And all the flames you said you ran through
You got a little more to prove
One day, I’ll give you my heart
When it’s not in two
They say don’t open old wounds
But I’m going to
Band: [name_u]Paris[/name_u] Song:Old Wounds

1 Like

Roll the window down, let the air blow 'round you
A sadness in the breeze as the night divides us
In these darker days, I push the limit to the love you offer
There’s a riot in my head, demanding we do this forever

Why would we divide when we could come together?
[name_m]Just[/name_m] bodies that collide, lost and found each other.
Band: Bastille Song:Divide

1 Like

I dont wanna grow up - bebe rexha
I don’t wanna grow up
I’m still naive
[name_m]Young[/name_m], wild and free

1 Like