Sonia :)

what do u girls think? My children’s names are in my siggie.

Also love the name LORElEI. :). Lorelei Jane. Jane honors my grandmother.

Do u find this name (Lorelei) classy and a bit old fashioned?

Some background info: I am Jewish and dh is Italian. [name]Love[/name] soft sweet and classy names that aren’t too popular.

Is this name (Sonia) tied to a particular ethnicity? Is it somewhat old fashioned? Sweet sounding?

I think [name]Sonia[/name] is best in my sib set. Thinking of pronunciation sown-ya. I’m from the northeast, USA. [name]How[/name] would u say it?

First impressions?

[name]Sonia[/name] iris or [name]Sonia[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]? Maybe [name]Sonia[/name] [name]Camille[/name]. Want a flower mn.

Thanks!

I would say Sown-ya too. I’ve also seen it spelled [name]Sonja[/name] and [name]Sonya[/name]. As far as ethnicity - it actually has a eastern european / Russian feel to me. Honestly, it’s not my personal favorite name and feels a bit middle-aged (b. 1950-60s) to me. But, I definitely see the appeal and I think it does work great with your sib set! If you love it, go for it!!

That’s my concern too. Worried that it might sound a bit middle aged. Especially since it’s not popular with newborns today. Hmmm. Still won’t take it off my list but I definitely see ur point

I forgot to say that I love love love [name]Lorelei[/name]! And I think it goes great with [name]Robby[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] :slight_smile: Maybe [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Camille[/name]?

Thanks Hun! [name]Lorelei[/name] is my favorite name for the future. It fits everything I’m looking for. Was thinking

[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

[name]Laurel[/name] is already somewhat in her name and it’s a flower. The sound is in lorelei. So I think that related nicely to big sis. And no need for a flower name. Also love occasional nn LJ :slight_smile:

I know [name]Sonia[/name]'s, [name]Sonja[/name]'s, and [name]Sonya[/name]'s of all ages. The youngest one I know though is a [name]Sonia[/name] and she’s 5. I think the y version is a little dated, I could be wrong. I also like [name]Lorelei[/name]. Very pretty. :slight_smile:

Oh and the mn [name]Jane[/name] honors my grandmother. So I think [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Jane[/name] might just be perfect for me. On behind the name comments there was some debate on whether or not this name is classy or not. That’s the only thing holding me back but mostly it gets great reviews and is old fashioned which is nice. Not a fan of the meaning but most people won’t know what the name means anyway, haha. I find this name beautiful and soft without being too frilly.

Ohhh, I love [name]Sonja[/name]! I prefer that spelling, but [name]Sonya[/name] or [name]Sonia[/name] is nice, too. From what I’ve heard, it’s the Russian diminutive of [name]Sophia[/name], but of the two Sonjas/Sonyas I know, one is completely white, and the other is Latina. I’m not sure where she was from. I do think it’s stunning, though, and [name]Robby[/name], [name]Violet[/name], and [name]Sonja[/name]/[name]Sonya[/name]/[name]Sonia[/name] would be completely stunning!

I also love [name]Lorelei[/name], and yes, classy and old-fashioned (and just a bit whimsical) is just how I would characterize it. I think [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is very sweet!

For [name]Sonja[/name]/[name]Sonia[/name]/[name]Sonya[/name], [name]Sonja[/name] [name]Camille[/name], then [name]Sonja[/name] [name]Daphne[/name], would be my pick, but [name]Sonja[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is sweet, too.

Good luck!

I would say Sown-ya too. Beautiful name. Subtle and underused.

[name]Lorelei[/name] is sort of dark and mysterious to me. There is a siren/mermaid in a [name]German[/name] myth named [name]Lorelei[/name], so that’s what I think of when I hear the name. Combing her hair on a rock, singing. Luring sailors to their dooms. That kind of thing. :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Sonia[/name]!

I can’t recall seeing [name]Sonia[/name] on these boards at all, which means it’s rarely discussed, or seems so ordinary I don’t notice it. Or both.

Which means it might be that perfect “fitting in/standing out” name.