Sonny Nickname. Full name?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries!

We are due a boy and we want to call them [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] as a nickname but want them to have a “full” name too (I know [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] can be a full name we just like the thought of a longer first name).
What options are there to use this nickname? Without just calling him

• [name_u]Jackson[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] etc

Those names don’t really appeal to me. Is this even possible?

We have a [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (nn Tilda) at home already if that helps

Traditionally, the nn [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] is just a nn on it’s own. You don’t need a certain name to have this nn. If you like any names that end in -son, then that may help but I wouldn’t force it. On the bright side, there are a lot of names that end in -son.

1 Like

[name_m]Anson[/name_m]
Sorenson
Sonders
Sonam
[name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]
Sonith
Sonnen
Sonley
Sonver
Sonry
[name_m]Santino[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Simeon[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]

[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m] (I know it’s a -son name but it gives me slightly different vibes)
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]

Yes since he’s a your son [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] comes pretty naturally from that.

Maybe [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] or another name ending in ny so its like [name_m]Son[/name_m] + ….ny?

I recently heard a [name_m]Winston[/name_m] with non [name_u]Sonny[/name_u]

I agree with @turnip: you could name the child anything and call him [name_u]Sonny[/name_u].

Is there anyone you’d like to honor? (Grampa is [name_m]Luke[/name_m] = [name_m]Luke[/name_m] / [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] / Lucian)

Is there a place that is special to you and your partner? (Stayed at [name_m]Drake[/name_m] Hotel on honeymoon = [name_m]Drake[/name_m] :duck:)

Are there future sibling names you have chosen that you may want to try to match?

I know one [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] and it’s not related at all to his given name (Ernest). [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] is reference to his parents’ son so I think it can be used for any name which leaves you free to choose the name you love the most.

[name_m]Orson[/name_m] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] seem like they go well together.

[name_m]Apollo[/name_m] (sun god)
[name_u]Boston[/name_u]
[name_m]Seaton[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] (means sun)
[name_m]Sulien[/name_m] (means sun born)
[name_m]Samson[/name_m] (means sun but also the obvious -son that you said you don’t like)

I like a lot of the above suggestions. The only other ones that spring to mind are [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] and [name_m]Anson[/name_m]