Sonoma

I’m thinking about [name]Sonoma[/name] today and I’d like to see some other people’s reactions to it. What do you think? Also, what do you think of [name]Sunny[/name]/[name]Sonny[/name] or [name]Nomi[/name] as nicknames?

It reminds me of [name]Williams[/name]-[name]Sonoma[/name]: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/

The nicknames are cute, I lie [name]Nomi[/name], but because it reminds me of the company that sells cookware, I wouldn’t use it, but I don’t think it’s an awful name. It has a nice sound.

It has a nice sound, but to me it’s a place in [name]California[/name] or a kitchen store. [name]Do[/name] you have a special attachment to the place? If that were the case, I think it would make sense as a middle name.
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]

I just think of [name]Williams[/name]-[name]Sonoma[/name].

I immediately thought of the place & the company…I think of weddings & wedding registries when I hear this word.

I think of wine. I went to college in [name]Sonoma[/name], beautiful place. I like it as a middle name.

Thanks everyone! Interesting that so many people are mentioning [name]Williams[/name]-[name]Sonoma[/name]. That one hadn’t even occurred to me, but I had typed up a little paragraph wondering if the car model or the [name]Kohl[/name]'s brand were problematic associations. I deleted it before I posted because I decided I wanted the reactions to be a bit more unbiased and I wanted to see what sorts of associations came up organically without being lead anywhere. It looks like [name]Sonoma[/name] is a popular name when it comes to branding!

I had sort of been hoping that the place name would be the most prominent association and that would sort of mitigate the brand name associations, but that’s probably just wishful thinking.

I had never heard of [name]Williams[/name]-[name]Sonoma[/name] before and therefore I think it would be really pretty with the nn [name]Nomi[/name] or as a great MN. Coincidentally I clicked on the link and now I REALLY want one of those espresso makers!!:eek:

I actually like place names, though I’m not so much a fan of [name]Sonoma[/name] – though this probably has to do with the fact that I don’t like [name]California[/name]. I think it works as a name, and the nns are adorable.

I have been thinking about it and I like [name]Sonoma[/name] as a name. [name]Sonoma[/name] county is beautiful, natural, relaxed, sophisticated in a low key way. All these associations are wonderful. The name sounds like other lovely girls names:
[name]Sonora[/name] (also a place name)
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Selma[/name]

I like [name]Sonoma[/name] :slight_smile: I might slightly prefer [name]Sonora[/name], but they’re both lovely ^^
I would probably nn her [name]Sonya[/name] or [name]Sosie[/name] over [name]Nomi[/name] or [name]Sonny[/name].

I actually like it quite a bit!