Sookie?

What about [name]Sookie[/name]? Pronounced like in [name]True[/name] Blood… Though I actually like Soo-kee, too. I’m thinking about it as a nickname for [name]Susannah[/name]. I also love [name]Sunny[/name] and [name]Susie[/name]. My husband loves [name]Sookie[/name] and when I told him we could call a [name]Susannah[/name] “[name]Sookie[/name]”, he got pretty excited!

Which nickname do you think works best with potential sisters
[name]Betsey[/name], [name]Heidi[/name] and [name]Sookie[/name]
[name]Betsey[/name], [name]Heidi[/name] and [name]Sunny[/name]
[name]Betsey[/name], [name]Heidi[/name] and [name]Susie[/name]?

Also, is [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] or Lulette, [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] better?

Middle name suggestions are always welcome, if you feel like it! :smiley:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Sookie[/name] for [name]Susannah[/name]. Although with the three nns I like [name]Betsey[/name], [name]Heidi[/name] and [name]Susie[/name] but [name]Sookie[/name] would be my second choice in there. I prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name] over Lulette for your second question :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I see Snookie when I look at [name]Sookie[/name] now. :frowning:

But if you really like the nn, I think the spelling [name]Sukie[/name] is just as cute, but it ties in better with [name]Susannah[/name] because the first two letters are the same. [name]Just[/name] a thought. :slight_smile:

Oh I’m so glad you like it, I love your taste! I was thinking that [name]Susie[/name] kind of goes better, but I prefer the unusualness of [name]Sookie[/name]. But I think it’s good that I like all the possible nicknames, so I wouldn’t be upset if she chose to go by a different one.

Also, I already have a [name]Dash[/name], so I don’t want suuuchh normal girls nicknames like [name]Susie[/name], ya know what I mean? Oh, and I am loving [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a first name a little more every day.

[name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Lincoln[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name]!
[name]Dash[/name], [name]Betsey[/name], [name]Link[/name], [name]Heidi[/name], [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Sookie[/name]!
I’m pretty much in love, finally! This is the first time I’ve been really pleased with a full sibset! I think they’re perfect together in full and in nickname. And the girls all have endless pet names for my husband to call them!

I know, that damn Snookie! I’ve never watched [name]Jersey[/name] Shore so I really don’t know anything about her, but i hear her name a lot! I’m figuring that I wouldn’t have a [name]Sookie[/name] for at least 6 years, probably more. By then, Snookie will be a distant memory. Also, i pronounce [name]Sukie[/name] and [name]Sookie[/name] differently, and I’m not sure which I prefer… I’m pretty sure its [name]Sookie[/name] though.

I love [name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Sookie[/name] is a great nickname. I think [name]Sookie[/name], [name]Sunny[/name], and [name]Susie[/name] all work equally well with [name]Betsey[/name] and [name]Heidi[/name], but [name]Sookie[/name] is my favorite out of the three.

I prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name] with [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name] over Lulette because they all have the same classic feel, while Lulette is more cutesy. Great sibset!!

Also, the spelling [name]Sookie[/name] makes me want to say it to rhyme with ‘cookie’ and Snookie, which makes me think of ‘sucky’. I think I would spell it [name]Sukie[/name].

I do say it to rhyme with cookie, which I hadn’t even noticed! That is how it’s pronounced on [name]True[/name] Blood and that show has made me love it. On [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls it’s pronounced Soo-kee, and it just seems a little strange to me on a white person, no? It sounds Japanese to me, because of [name]Suki[/name] being a Japanese name.

[name]Sookie[/name]/[name]Sukey[/name] is super cute, but the [name]True[/name] Blood pronunciation makes my skin crawl. I always hear "Aww sookie sookie now.’ It’s vaguely sexual to me or something-maybe it feels like sucky, or just the way [name]Bill[/name] breathily exhales the name in his terrible Southern accent “Sook-eh” Blech!-I don’t know. Can you sense my vehemence? Lol! Anwyway, [name]Sookie[/name] pronounced like [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls is precious, and truer to the root names.

Lol, my husband was practicing saying it the way [name]Bill[/name] does, “[name]Sookie[/name], it’s time to put your jammies on!”, etc. Lol. It was funny. But what a out the way the other characters say it? It doesn’t seem creepy and sexual when they say it, does it? Uck, that is kinda my only drawback to this name… The way [name]Bill[/name] says it. And i hadn’t thought about “aw sookie sookie now” … That kinda bothers me. Hmm. I do like the other prn. A lot too. I need to mull it over.

But… It’s the general consensus that [name]Susannah[/name] is a great name, right? And [name]Sookie[/name] or [name]Sukie[/name] is a good nickname? And the other nicknames all work too in case [name]Sookie[/name] doesn’t pan out?

[name]Susannah[/name] is a fabulous name. It’s on my list and my mom is lobbying hard for it! And I think [name]Sookie[/name] is great, just with the long 'oo" sound. That’s how I always imagined it since it is an old nn for [name]Susan[/name]. But I guess everyone might assume it’s the [name]True[/name] Blood way now.

[quote=“lyndsayjenness”]

Oh I’m so glad you like it, I love your taste! I was thinking that [name]Susie[/name] kind of goes better, but I prefer the unusualness of [name]Sookie[/name]. But I think it’s good that I like all the possible nicknames, so I wouldn’t be upset if she chose to go by a different one.

Also, I already have a [name]Dash[/name], so I don’t want suuuchh normal girls nicknames like [name]Susie[/name], ya know what I mean? Oh, and I am loving [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a first name a little more every day.

[name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Lincoln[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name]!
[name]Dash[/name], [name]Betsey[/name], [name]Link[/name], [name]Heidi[/name], [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Sookie[/name]!
I’m pretty much in love, finally! This is the first time I’ve been really pleased with a full sibset! I think they’re perfect together in full and in nickname. And the girls all have endless pet names for my husband to call them![/quote]

[name]Griffin[/name] nn [name]Fin[/name] and [name]Lincoln[/name] nn [name]Link[/name] are on my “secret love list”. With [name]Dash[/name], I’d definitely do [name]Sookie[/name]! Scratch [name]Susie[/name] LOL. [name]Do[/name] eeeeet!

Ugh, my husband is saying he’s not sure about [name]Susannah[/name], even though he loves [name]Sookie[/name]. But, that’s what he said about [name]Adelaide[/name] for a couple days and now it’s by far his favorite name ever! So I’ve got my fingers crossed!

[name]Susannah[/name] is a great name I think [name]Sunny[/name] is a cut nickname, but I don’t think [name]Susie[/name] is ready to come back yet. Personally I like [name]Annie[/name] as a nickname for it.

Now about [name]Sookie[/name]… I really do like the sound of it, but the spelling is an issue for me. I love [name]True[/name] Blood too, but the problem is the [name]Sookie[/name] wasn’t around before the books/tv show. So if you spell it [name]Sookie[/name] it pretty much screams [name]True[/name] Blood fan, which could seem a little cheesy. I would go with the more traditional spelling of [name]Sukie[/name] or [name]Sukey[/name]. No matter how you spell it new people will probably say su-kie half the time and suk-ie the other half. You’ll just have to correct them to the one you prefer.

You are probably right about the [name]Sookie[/name] spelling. However, [name]Even[/name] though I love the show, it won’t be around forever. Unless I get pregnant with triplet girls right now, it probably won’t be an issue when she’s a baby. And I just cant imagine it being noticed at all by the time she’s in school. And when she grows up, if she ever watches reruns of the show, she might like having the same name! I don’t know, I just don’t think Im too worried about the pop culture references, because those things change so quickly.

What gets to me a little more is if [name]Sookie[/name] was just made up for the books. I like [name]Sukie[/name], too. I’m just afraid that it seems too Japanese! Grr. I really love [name]Sunny[/name] and [name]Susie[/name], too! There is no way [name]Chris[/name] would ever go for either [name]Annie[/name] or [name]Susie[/name], wayyyyy too boring for him! See, [name]True[/name] Blood is the reason he loves [name]Sookie[/name], so that’s why I’d lean towards that spelling/pronunciation.

You are probably right about the [name]Sookie[/name] spelling. However, [name]Even[/name] though I love the show, it won’t be around forever. Unless I get pregnant with triplet girls right now, it probably won’t be an issue when she’s a baby. And I just cant imagine it being noticed at all by the time she’s in school. And when she grows up, if she ever watches reruns of the show, she might like having the same name! I don’t know, I just don’t think Im too worried about the pop culture references, because those things change so quickly.

What gets to me a little more is if [name]Sookie[/name] was just made up for the books. I like [name]Sukie[/name], too. I’m just afraid that it seems too Japanese! Grr. I really love [name]Sunny[/name] and [name]Susie[/name], too! There is no way [name]Chris[/name] would ever go for either [name]Annie[/name] or [name]Susie[/name], wayyyyy too boring for him! See, [name]True[/name] Blood is the reason he loves [name]Sookie[/name], so that’s why I’d lean towards that spelling/pronunciation.[/quote]

[name]Reading[/name] a book of old nursery rhymes to [name]Phoebe[/name] last night and came across '[name]Polly[/name] puts the kettle on, [name]Sukey[/name] takes it off again…"
So maybe [name]Sukey[/name] is the most authentic? I think only [name]Suki[/name] looks Japanese.
BTW, I love [name]Susie[/name]. It would be my [name]Susannah[/name] nn.

I think [name]Susannah[/name] is a great name and would go with the [name]Sukie[/name] (like [name]Sue[/name]-Key) spelling myself. As far as I know it’s a fairly traditional nn for [name]Susannah[/name] in the South. Not super common but sort of like how [name]Betsey[/name] and [name]Liz[/name] are to [name]Elizabeth[/name] - [name]Betsey[/name] is known and accepted but not as common as [name]Liz[/name]. [name]Sukie[/name] is known and accepted but not as expected as [name]Susie[/name]. And I love [name]Sukie[/name] with [name]Dash[/name], [name]Link[/name], [name]Heidi[/name], etc!