Sooooo I think I have my top 5 girl names. What is your opinion on them?

I think I finally know what my top 5 girl names are. :slight_smile: Please tell me what you think of them. Which is your favorite, what kind of child do you imagine, and all that. :stuck_out_tongue: you know the drill. xD I’d really appreciate it. :slight_smile: Plus, if you want to suggest more, I’m all ears! This is in no particular order, and my daughters name is Adelise, and out last name sounds a lot like [name]Barren[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
Tabrett

[name]Guinevere[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it. I picture a girly girl, very pretty, maybe artsy
[name]Aria[/name] - I go back and forth on this name. I want to like it more than I do. I see her as one of the popular kids.
[name]Celeste[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name] name. I see a girl who is pretty, a bit shy, quiet
[name]Cora[/name] - Responsible, a bit fussy
Tabrett - I don’t care for this. It feels contrived.

I love all your names except the last one. It sounds weird to me. All of them sound like artists or musicians, intelligent but friendly girls.

This is the order i love them in:

1. Gunevere
  2. [name]Aria[/name]
  3. [name]Cora[/name]
  4. [name]Celeste[/name]

Of your list, [name]Celeste[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] are my favorites. I think [name]Celeste[/name] goes best with your other daughter’s name of Adelise (great name, btw!), because [name]Cora[/name] sounds too simple/ plain next to Adelise. [name]Celeste[/name] is beautiful and under-used, in my opinion.

I quite like [name]Aria[/name] as well, but not with Adelise. I don’t like the two names sharing the same first letter - but that’s just me.

I am not a fan of [name]Guinevere[/name] or Tabrett; Tabrett makes me think of Labret, which is a kind of facial piercing. [name]Tabitha[/name] makes a better choice, in my mind.

Thanks :slight_smile: I have only had a very very small handful of people respond well to Tabrett. I think its a name I’ll have to use in a story instead of on a child. :stuck_out_tongue: But it’s hard to let it go. xD Thanks [name]Hayley[/name], but I’m not big on [name]Tabitha[/name]. I’m not sure why.

[name]Cora[/name] is the other one I may or may not be able to do. My grandpa’s, sisters, only son named his daughter [name]Cora[/name] and she is currently 4. (lol got it?) Also, I love the Last Airbender cartoon and I just found out they are making a new one called 'Legends of Korra" LOL And as soon as DH finds this out i’m pretty sure [name]Cora[/name] will be as good as kixed in his mind. xD LOL He doesn’t like “taking from tv” even though I liked [name]Cora[/name] before I know about Korra. :stuck_out_tongue: lol This is the same reason [name]Chloe[/name] isn’t on my list (Smallville.)

[name]Guinevere[/name] - I like it, I picture a very romantic girl that can get a little bossy sometimes

[name]Aria[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name], I picture a very artsy girl with lots of friends

[name]Celeste[/name] - Ok but not my cup of tea. I picture a girl with lots of boyfriends for some reason

[name]Cora[/name] - Nice but a little stuffy to me. I picture an older woman first but I can see it on a playful little girl as well

Tabrett - It seems like [name]Tabitha[/name] but comes of a little masculine to me. I picture someone quiet and painfully shy, never talks unless the have to.

I love [name]Guinevere[/name]. It is on my list! [name]Aria[/name], [name]Cora[/name] are nice, don’t care for Tabrett and [name]Celeste[/name] reminds me of the word “molest.”

Aww lol [name]Celeste[/name] doesn’t make me think of molest. xD

First of all I love your list! I love them all except maybe Tabrett.

[name]Guinevere[/name]- I adore this! It is my absolute favourite name, so I am somewhat biased, but I think it is beautiful, magical and haunting.

[name]Aria[/name]- I love this for personal reasons, but I also think it is a gorgeous name and the musical connection is lovely. I do get the feeling it is starting to become a lot more popular/trendy, and I agree that it isn’t the best with your daughter’s name.

[name]Celeste[/name]- Not really my style, but very pretty and beautiful meaning. I love this with Adelise!

[name]Cora[/name]- One of my favourites. Sweet, vintage feel but also quite grown-up. It might be a bit simple next to Adelise but I like the contrast.

Tabrett- The only one on the list tha I’m not a fan of. I think it sounds a bit masculine and harsh compared to the other names. Does it have special significance to you, or do you just love the sound?

My favourites are [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Celeste[/name] and [name]Cora[/name]. i think all three are brilliant and go well with your daughter’s name (which I love, by the way :))

[name]Guinevere[/name] - One of my favorites. Sultry, refined grace, independant.
[name]Aria[/name] - A very energetic girl. eccentric.
[name]Celeste[/name] - Another favorite. Whimsical, a girl who lives daydreams. Gentle but terribly shy.
[name]Cora[/name] - I alsways think of an apple’s core when i hear this name, so i dont really ‘get it’. Netherless i imagine a popular but uptight girl.
Tabrett - A bit of a brash, eccentric girl. Reminds me of a tablet

[name]Celeste[/name] & Guninevere are my favorites.

[name]Guinevere[/name] - lovely. I went through a weekend of being addicted to it several years ago in college, lol, but I much prefer [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Gwendolyn[/name] now. Still, it is lovely! [name]Jenny[/name], [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Neve[/name], [name]Vera[/name], etc., could all be sweet nns. The only one I know of is in a fictional story, and she always went by [name]Jenny[/name]. I like [name]Gwen[/name]/Guin/[name]Gwyn[/name] as a nn for it more, though. I think Adelise and [name]Guinevere[/name]/[name]Addy[/name] and [name]Gwen[/name] would be adorable together! I picture someone smart, sweet, shy, classy… I was going to use it in a story (ended up scrapping the story, but her character still sticks with me!), and she pretty much embodied the description I just gave you. :slight_smile: She was pretty, a quarter Vietnamese, but part of her face (or her arms, I can’t remember which I had decided) were disfigured by horrible burn scars. So she was even more shy because of that, didn’t really want people to see. No matter who has the name, I’m sure she would have a striking personality! [name]How[/name] could you forget someone with a name like [name]Guinevere[/name]? I love [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]…

[name]Aria[/name] - I think she would be happy, friendly, sweet. I can’t get the [name]Aria[/name] from Pretty [name]Little[/name] Liars out of my head, and I don’t even like/watch/go near the show! For that reason, I prefer [name]Ariana[/name]/[name]Arianne[/name]/[name]Arielle[/name]… it is pretty, though. For some reason, I don’t really like [name]Aria[/name] with Adelise. I do love Adelise and [name]Ariana[/name]/[name]Arianne[/name]/[name]Arielle[/name]/[name]Arabella[/name], though… maybe because [name]Aria[/name]'s shorter? I do think it’s pretty, though, and [name]Addy[/name] and [name]Aria[/name]/[name]Addy[/name] and [name]Ari[/name] are really cute. [name]Aria[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] is so cute.

[name]Celeste[/name] - I’ve never liked this name. I’m not sure why. Sometimes I like it as a MN, but it has a dated, pretentious feel to me for some reason. I imagine a bookish, socially-awkward college-graduate, maybe studying library science. I don’t know why, haha. I’m not sure I really like any of your [name]Ray[/name]- names with [name]Celeste[/name], though. [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Raven[/name] seems mismatched, Rayelle/Rayana/etc. seem too made-up next to [name]Celeste[/name] (which, I admit, has great history), and [name]Rae[/name] is too short next to [name]Celeste[/name], imo, since it has the emphasis on the second syllable. I do love [name]Rachel[/name] (as you know! haha), but I’m not keen on [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]… it works best, but I just don’t like the two names together. I kind of like [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Celeste[/name], though, haha.

[name]Cora[/name] - so cute! I love it, and Adelise and [name]Cora[/name] are so sweet together. Second favorite, after [name]Guinevere[/name]. It’s literary, sweet, fun, ages well. [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cora[/name] [name]Rachel[/name].

Tabrett - Aww, you’re back to Tabrett. I’m sure you know I still can’t see the appeal, but you seem to genuinely love it, so I guess that’s something. :slight_smile: Still, I don’t think Adelise and Tabrett work together very well, as Tabrett seems so made-up, and I think Adelise and [name]Tabitha[/name] work so much better.

[name]Guinevere[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] are my favorites! I think [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] would be adorable.

Good luck!