Sooooo I think I have my top 5 girl names. What is your opinion on them?

I think I finally know what my top 5 girl names are. :slight_smile: Please tell me what you think of them. Which is your favorite, what kind of child do you imagine, and all that. :stuck_out_tongue: you know the drill. xD Iā€™d really appreciate it. :slight_smile: Plus, if you want to suggest more, Iā€™m all ears! This is in no particular order, and my daughters name is Adelise, and out last name sounds a lot like [name]Barren[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
Tabrett

[name]Guinevere[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it. I picture a girly girl, very pretty, maybe artsy
[name]Aria[/name] - I go back and forth on this name. I want to like it more than I do. I see her as one of the popular kids.
[name]Celeste[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name] name. I see a girl who is pretty, a bit shy, quiet
[name]Cora[/name] - Responsible, a bit fussy
Tabrett - I donā€™t care for this. It feels contrived.

I love all your names except the last one. It sounds weird to me. All of them sound like artists or musicians, intelligent but friendly girls.

This is the order i love them in:

1. Gunevere
  2. [name]Aria[/name]
  3. [name]Cora[/name]
  4. [name]Celeste[/name]

Of your list, [name]Celeste[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] are my favorites. I think [name]Celeste[/name] goes best with your other daughterā€™s name of Adelise (great name, btw!), because [name]Cora[/name] sounds too simple/ plain next to Adelise. [name]Celeste[/name] is beautiful and under-used, in my opinion.

I quite like [name]Aria[/name] as well, but not with Adelise. I donā€™t like the two names sharing the same first letter - but thatā€™s just me.

I am not a fan of [name]Guinevere[/name] or Tabrett; Tabrett makes me think of Labret, which is a kind of facial piercing. [name]Tabitha[/name] makes a better choice, in my mind.

Thanks :slight_smile: I have only had a very very small handful of people respond well to Tabrett. I think its a name Iā€™ll have to use in a story instead of on a child. :stuck_out_tongue: But itā€™s hard to let it go. xD Thanks [name]Hayley[/name], but Iā€™m not big on [name]Tabitha[/name]. Iā€™m not sure why.

[name]Cora[/name] is the other one I may or may not be able to do. My grandpaā€™s, sisters, only son named his daughter [name]Cora[/name] and she is currently 4. (lol got it?) Also, I love the Last Airbender cartoon and I just found out they are making a new one called 'Legends of Korra" LOL And as soon as DH finds this out iā€™m pretty sure [name]Cora[/name] will be as good as kixed in his mind. xD LOL He doesnā€™t like ā€œtaking from tvā€ even though I liked [name]Cora[/name] before I know about Korra. :stuck_out_tongue: lol This is the same reason [name]Chloe[/name] isnā€™t on my list (Smallville.)

[name]Guinevere[/name] - I like it, I picture a very romantic girl that can get a little bossy sometimes

[name]Aria[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name], I picture a very artsy girl with lots of friends

[name]Celeste[/name] - Ok but not my cup of tea. I picture a girl with lots of boyfriends for some reason

[name]Cora[/name] - Nice but a little stuffy to me. I picture an older woman first but I can see it on a playful little girl as well

Tabrett - It seems like [name]Tabitha[/name] but comes of a little masculine to me. I picture someone quiet and painfully shy, never talks unless the have to.

I love [name]Guinevere[/name]. It is on my list! [name]Aria[/name], [name]Cora[/name] are nice, donā€™t care for Tabrett and [name]Celeste[/name] reminds me of the word ā€œmolest.ā€

Aww lol [name]Celeste[/name] doesnā€™t make me think of molest. xD

First of all I love your list! I love them all except maybe Tabrett.

[name]Guinevere[/name]- I adore this! It is my absolute favourite name, so I am somewhat biased, but I think it is beautiful, magical and haunting.

[name]Aria[/name]- I love this for personal reasons, but I also think it is a gorgeous name and the musical connection is lovely. I do get the feeling it is starting to become a lot more popular/trendy, and I agree that it isnā€™t the best with your daughterā€™s name.

[name]Celeste[/name]- Not really my style, but very pretty and beautiful meaning. I love this with Adelise!

[name]Cora[/name]- One of my favourites. Sweet, vintage feel but also quite grown-up. It might be a bit simple next to Adelise but I like the contrast.

Tabrett- The only one on the list tha Iā€™m not a fan of. I think it sounds a bit masculine and harsh compared to the other names. Does it have special significance to you, or do you just love the sound?

My favourites are [name]Guinevere[/name], [name]Celeste[/name] and [name]Cora[/name]. i think all three are brilliant and go well with your daughterā€™s name (which I love, by the way :))

[name]Guinevere[/name] - One of my favorites. Sultry, refined grace, independant.
[name]Aria[/name] - A very energetic girl. eccentric.
[name]Celeste[/name] - Another favorite. Whimsical, a girl who lives daydreams. Gentle but terribly shy.
[name]Cora[/name] - I alsways think of an appleā€™s core when i hear this name, so i dont really ā€˜get itā€™. Netherless i imagine a popular but uptight girl.
Tabrett - A bit of a brash, eccentric girl. Reminds me of a tablet

[name]Celeste[/name] & Guninevere are my favorites.

[name]Guinevere[/name] - lovely. I went through a weekend of being addicted to it several years ago in college, lol, but I much prefer [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Gwendolyn[/name] now. Still, it is lovely! [name]Jenny[/name], [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Neve[/name], [name]Vera[/name], etc., could all be sweet nns. The only one I know of is in a fictional story, and she always went by [name]Jenny[/name]. I like [name]Gwen[/name]/Guin/[name]Gwyn[/name] as a nn for it more, though. I think Adelise and [name]Guinevere[/name]/[name]Addy[/name] and [name]Gwen[/name] would be adorable together! I picture someone smart, sweet, shy, classyā€¦ I was going to use it in a story (ended up scrapping the story, but her character still sticks with me!), and she pretty much embodied the description I just gave you. :slight_smile: She was pretty, a quarter Vietnamese, but part of her face (or her arms, I canā€™t remember which I had decided) were disfigured by horrible burn scars. So she was even more shy because of that, didnā€™t really want people to see. No matter who has the name, Iā€™m sure she would have a striking personality! [name]How[/name] could you forget someone with a name like [name]Guinevere[/name]? I love [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]ā€¦

[name]Aria[/name] - I think she would be happy, friendly, sweet. I canā€™t get the [name]Aria[/name] from Pretty [name]Little[/name] Liars out of my head, and I donā€™t even like/watch/go near the show! For that reason, I prefer [name]Ariana[/name]/[name]Arianne[/name]/[name]Arielle[/name]ā€¦ it is pretty, though. For some reason, I donā€™t really like [name]Aria[/name] with Adelise. I do love Adelise and [name]Ariana[/name]/[name]Arianne[/name]/[name]Arielle[/name]/[name]Arabella[/name], thoughā€¦ maybe because [name]Aria[/name]'s shorter? I do think itā€™s pretty, though, and [name]Addy[/name] and [name]Aria[/name]/[name]Addy[/name] and [name]Ari[/name] are really cute. [name]Aria[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] is so cute.

[name]Celeste[/name] - Iā€™ve never liked this name. Iā€™m not sure why. Sometimes I like it as a MN, but it has a dated, pretentious feel to me for some reason. I imagine a bookish, socially-awkward college-graduate, maybe studying library science. I donā€™t know why, haha. Iā€™m not sure I really like any of your [name]Ray[/name]- names with [name]Celeste[/name], though. [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Raven[/name] seems mismatched, Rayelle/Rayana/etc. seem too made-up next to [name]Celeste[/name] (which, I admit, has great history), and [name]Rae[/name] is too short next to [name]Celeste[/name], imo, since it has the emphasis on the second syllable. I do love [name]Rachel[/name] (as you know! haha), but Iā€™m not keen on [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]ā€¦ it works best, but I just donā€™t like the two names together. I kind of like [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Celeste[/name], though, haha.

[name]Cora[/name] - so cute! I love it, and Adelise and [name]Cora[/name] are so sweet together. Second favorite, after [name]Guinevere[/name]. Itā€™s literary, sweet, fun, ages well. [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cora[/name] [name]Rachel[/name].

Tabrett - Aww, youā€™re back to Tabrett. Iā€™m sure you know I still canā€™t see the appeal, but you seem to genuinely love it, so I guess thatā€™s something. :slight_smile: Still, I donā€™t think Adelise and Tabrett work together very well, as Tabrett seems so made-up, and I think Adelise and [name]Tabitha[/name] work so much better.

[name]Guinevere[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] are my favorites! I think [name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] would be adorable.

Good luck!