Sophie-Claire Juliette is here!!

[name]Born[/name], [name]March[/name] 31. She was/is tiny! Weighing in at 4 pounds 7 ounces and 17 inches long. though tiny she is perfectly healthy, and we are so thankful for that!

Thank you ladies so much for the help with her name! I think it fits her perfectly!! Here is a link to my blog, if you would like to see some pics! Rejoicing in His promise: Our Special Easter Gift!! Sophie-Claire Juliette!!

[name]Hi[/name]!

She’s absolutely beautiful, mommy! Congratulations on your little bundle of [name]Easter[/name] joy and goodness!

[name]Just[/name] curious, but did they tell you why she might be so small? In any case, she looks like an angel. Best wishes!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Many congratulations to you and your family. You are extremely lucky to have such a beautiful and healthy little girl.

Would you mind telling me what her other siblings are named?

Thanks [name]Lemon[/name]! I have really no idea. She was born at 36.5 weeks, so she was a little early. The are testing my placenta (which the Dr. said was also small), and she had a very short cord. But also I am currently living somewhere with very high altitude, which they said can sometimes cause babies to be small… who knows. She spent three days in the NICU, never needed oxygen or anything… so they let her come home, said she is just small.

Tomorrow I take her in for a weight check, so I am anxious in the hopes she has put some weight on… having said that she doesn’t look skinny to me either, just tiny all over. She is my 6th biological child (we also have two adopted children), none of my other bio children were this tiny. They ranged from 6 to 7 pounds. At any rate, sorry for TMI… just wanted to explain the best I could.

Thank you, hannahyankee: Our other children are named: [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Jonah[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], [name]Emma[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Levi[/name], and [name]Isaiah[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]!

That is peculiar! It’s great that, despite her small size, she is perfectly healthy and happy! Keep us informed if you hear anything about it, but she sounds like a doll!

Anyway, your other children have such fun, light, happy names, just like Miss [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]! [name]Do[/name] you call her [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], or just [name]Sophie[/name]?

Take care, and rest up, mommy!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Well, we intend to call her [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], and I love the sound of it, but she is so small, that for now it seems like a mouthful, so I have been actually calling her just [name]Sophie[/name]. I have debated on wether or not to keep the hyphen (tomorrow we fill out the birth certificate), but DH really likes it, and says it sets the name a part as [name]Sophie[/name] is popular. I suppose we will keep it…

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Welcome[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]! What a beautiful name! [name]Glad[/name] to hear she is happy and healthy! (I was 2 lbs. 6 oz., so I am sure your baby will be just fine!)
Lots of luck to you and your family! I love all their names.

Kyemsma

What a beautiful name for such a beautiful little girl! I looked up her pictures on your blog. I read some of your blog.
Did you used to live in [name]Kenya[/name]? We have some very good friends from [name]Kenya[/name]. They have taught us a lot about their country. The man is an Episcopal priest who is a missionary. The woman, [name]Deborah[/name] lives in [name]Virginia[/name] with two of her grown children. She is working hard so that they can go to college. Another grown child named Eddah lives in [name]Kenya[/name] and goes to college there. She couldn’t get a visa for [name]Virginia[/name]. Eddah nearly was attacked in the violence that happened two or three years ago.
Sometimes I recommend the oldest daughter’s name on Nameberry. Her name is [name]Rosina[/name]. Isn’t that pretty?

[name]Hi[/name]! Thanks! Yes, we lived in [name]Kenya[/name] for two years. We loved it there. We have two little boys ([name]Isaiah[/name] and [name]Levi[/name]) whom we adopted from there. I miss [name]Kenya[/name] every single day!! [name]Rosina[/name] is a beautiful name!!

Congratulations and welcome [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]!!

Where did you live in [name]Kenya[/name]? My friends lived in Mombasa. But now [name]Bryson[/name] lives near the Digo. I can’t remember where Eddah lives. I think she lives in the [name]North[/name]. [name]Bryson[/name] and [name]Deborah[/name]'s parents live in the country, so when they visit their parents, they have no running water. They cook outside. They have to carry water and firewood on their heads. They have such strong necks.
We ate with them many times and they introduced us to goat and many other interesting dishes. We introduced them to The Dodgers, broccoli, fireworks, and many other things. Father [name]Bryson[/name] started crying when he took a bite of a Dodger Dog because it was too salty.

Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations!!! Woo-hoo! Your baby girl is beyond precious, and I love the name you chose! [name]LOVE[/name]! :slight_smile:

I’m so happy for you and your family, and I hope that your entire family is doing well and enjoying [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Congratulations to you and your family!! [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] is just precious!

She’s beautiful!! Gorgeous name too!! Congratulations & blessings to you and your family!!

I’m so happy for you! Its great that we were able to help with the name, and I think [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] is perfect for a bitty baby.