Sophie or Harriet?

We have narrowed our name choice down to two names- [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name]. Her middle name will be [name]Iris[/name] after my grandmother.

I love both names. [name]Sophie[/name] is very feminine and sweet but I am worried that it is super popular here in Australia at the moment. [name]Harriet[/name] is uncommon but still well known and I think it goes perfectly with the other children’s names- [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name].

I’m a huge fan of [name]Harriet[/name]. [name]Sophie[/name] has become a bit bland to me due to overuse.

[name]Harriet[/name]! [name]Sophie[/name] is so,so popular.

I love both, but I’d pick [name]Harriet[/name] because of [name]Sophie[/name]'s current popularity. [name]Harriet[/name] does match your sibset perfectly. Goodluck!

[name]Sophie[/name]/[name]Sophia[/name] used to be one of my favorite names, but the mulitidue of little girls named that has kind of ruined it for me. [name]Harriet[/name] however is still fresh and interesting, and [name]Hattie[/name] is just adorable. If [name]Hattie[/name] didn’t go horribly with my last name, [name]Harriet[/name] would certainly be on my list.

[name]Harriet[/name]! And I love [name]Iris[/name]. (I never personally liked [name]Sophie[/name] anyway, and it is SO overused)

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is stunning! The nickname [name]Hattie[/name] is so cute. [name]Sophie[/name] and all of her variations are way too popular. I know more of them than I can count.

[name]Harriet[/name] :slight_smile:

Fits perfectly with your sibset.

Thanks girls! I am leaning towards [name]Harriet[/name] myself and it is my DH’s favourite name. I was a bit worried people might think [name]Harriet[/name] was a horrible name (just because it isn’t used very much) but everyone I have talked to seems to love it.

Another vote for [name]Harriet[/name]!

[name]Harriet[/name]! It’s adorable! Especially the nn [name]Hattie[/name]! Besides, [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sophie[/name] is overused.

I agree totally. I adore [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] but they are ubber popular which is off putting. [name]Harriet[/name] is on my long list and I adore it along with the nn’s [name]Hattie[/name], [name]Hettie[/name] and [name]Etta[/name].

The only thing that puts me off it for you though is that [name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] would have basically the same endings. For that reason I’m going to say [name]Sophie[/name] because I still do love it. But if the similarity of [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name] doesn’t bother you, that’d be a lovely choice too.

I don’t know if you’re looking for more ideas but I think the following would work well with your other childrens names:

[name]Iris[/name] (as a first name I think would be gorgeous)
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]

Best of luck!

Thanks for the replies girls :smiley:

ljandrl, You have brought up a good point but I’m not overly concerned about [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name] having the same ‘et’ sound at the end. If they rhymed or something like that I would be hesitant but I think that they are long enough names for it not to be an issue. We call [name]Oliver[/name] ‘[name]Ollie[/name]’ and [name]Lillian[/name] ‘[name]Lilly[/name]’ so [name]Sophie[/name] would have the same ending as both of them. I must have a thing for ‘ee’ and ‘et’ :lol: