Sophie? WDYT? Opinions and Suggestions? Due Date is Only a Few Weeks!

1. What do you think of when you picture a girl named [name]Sophie[/name]?
  2. Is it too popular?
  3. Any other suggestions for a short, classic, feminine, and spunky girls name?

p.s. Husband likes [name]Zoe[/name] but I don’t so [name]Sophie[/name] became a compromise. It is similar in sound, syllables, and feel.

I don’t think [name]Sophie[/name] is too popular. I perfer [name]Sophie[/name] over [name]Sophia[/name]. I see a cute little girl with pigtails.

1. I picture somebody who is cute, smiling, and always happy
  2. I think that it is definitely popular, but if you really like it that shouldn’t be stopping you
  3. [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Millie[/name], [name]Roxy[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Dixie[/name], [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Coco[/name], [name]Belle[/name], [name]Alexi[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Maisie[/name], [name]Josie[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Gracie[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Chloe[/name],

1. What do you think of when you picture a girl named [name]Sophie[/name]?
I think of the confident, animal-loving, sweet [name]Sophie[/name] from the [name]Sophie[/name] childrens book series by [name]Dick[/name] [name]King[/name]-[name]Smith[/name].

2. Is it too popular?
In the UK, probably. In the US/[name]Canada[/name], you may be able to get away with it.

3. Any other suggestions for a short, classic, feminine, and spunky girls name?
Not short, but to combat popularity and perhaps a feeling of too-cutesy, you could have [name]Sophronia[/name] with [name]Sophie[/name] as a nickname. Also, you might like: [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Olive[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Blair[/name], [name]Eva[/name].

1. I think of a very sweet and caring little girl :slight_smile:

2. No, [name]Sophia[/name] probably but not [name]Sophie[/name]. I run a pre-k and have never had a [name]Sophie[/name], but have at least one [name]Sophia[/name] a year…

3. [name]Pippa[/name], [name]Cate[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Anne[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Faith[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Grace[/name] :slight_smile:

Good [name]Luck[/name] :slight_smile:

I think of sweetness and sophistication, it’s a name that will age well, I love it and would say go for it even if it is really popular, besides it might not be in your area. I’m also really loving the combo of [name]Anne[/name]-[name]Sophie[/name] too if you think [name]Sophie[/name] by itself is too popular and I prefer [name]Sophie[/name] to [name]Sophia[/name].

I think it’s a darling name. Yes, it’s fairly popular but there’s a good reason for that. I also agree that [name]Sophie[/name] is much less common than [name]Sophia[/name]. Personally, I think [name]Sophia[/name] is on the verge of pretentiousness but [name]Sophie[/name] is just spunky and cute while having room to grow into sophistication and class with just a touch of sass underneath it all. A great compromise from [name]Zoe[/name], which in spite of the numbers “feels” much more trendy to me than [name]Sophie[/name].

We like [name]Sophie[/name] over [name]Sophia[/name] as well.

i always thought of sophie as a nickname of sophia. neither are really my taste. i see sophia as more sophisticated and sophie as cuter and younger.