Soren and Dexter, too dissimilar?

Hello community of name lovers!

I am pregnant with our first and we hope to have 2-3 kids eventually. I want to have our kids names reflect their heritage while still being easy to pronounce and spell where they will be growing up, pacific coast [name_f]Canada[/name_f]. Heritage is mostly (90%+) a combo of Swedish and British Isles, followed by broadly Northern European with very little else mixed in.

If this one’s a boy and we have another boy in the future, would [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_m]Lars[/name_m] McLastname and [name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] McLastname work together? They would do the best job of honoring family, second only to [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Lars[/name_m] McLastname and [name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] McLastname but I’d like to save [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] for a girl (fn or mn) and the difference in fn mn lengths would bother me a little.

DH and I both like [name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Lars[/name_m] McLastname but as I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I am warry about using pretty much the only two Swedish boys/unisex names I like up on one son.

I think they work fine together.

1 Like

Soren and [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] sound great together imo! Maybe you would like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] or [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]? Those seem to match well.

1 Like

Thanks! We know too many [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]'s unfortunately. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is a maybe though :blush:

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: posted instead of replied.

1 Like

Soren and [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] sound like literally perfect siblings!!

1 Like

Soren & Dexter go so perfectly together!

1 Like

I agree with the others - [name_m]Soren[/name_m] and [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] go so well together! [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_m]Lars[/name_m] and [name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] are lovely combos. Nice choices!

2 Likes

Beautiful together! Great names.

1 Like

I really like both of these names individually, but I do find them a little at odds when they’re side by side as siblings.

For me, it’s the “x” in [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] - it’s a very “cool” letter and while [name_m]Soren[/name_m] is a lovely name, it just doesn’t match up in terms of “coolness”.

What about:
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] and [name_m]Lars[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] and [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_m]Lars[/name_m]

I also really like the names [name_m]Anders[/name_m] and [name_u]Anderson[/name_u], of you’re open to other options. And of course [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] is very cool :wink: good luck!

1 Like

Anders is papa, thanks though!

1 Like

I actually think they work quite well together. Quirky, old-fashioned names.

1 Like