Sorry! But I just love this name! Wdyt?

Sorry to be the odd-ball on this site, but I just [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Nevaeh[/name]! Are there any other secret [name]Nevaeh[/name] lovers out there?

Anybody?!

I think [name]Heaven[/name] spelled backwards seems to be an odd…connection for a name.

If [name]Nevaeh[/name] was the real name it seems to be pretending to be instead of a tryndee invented one, I might like it. (Reread that sentence–I know it sounds awkward but it does make sense.) :slight_smile:

You may be the only one here who does. I may be proven wrong about that, we all have at least one guilty pleasure.

When I see [name]Nevaeh[/name], I really don’t see “heaven spelled backwards,” although I get why that is meaningful to some people and sort of awkward and corny to others (to put it mildly). When I see it, I see NEVAH! As in, NEVAH IN a Million Billion Years! The slightly more realistic “ne-VAY” sound, or the misspelled ne-VEE-ah ([name]Neveah[/name]), like pp said, seems like it’s trying to sound like an exotic or even tribal sounding name, like [name]Nevada[/name]. It logically seems to negate the meaningfulness of heaven rather than support it, which may be one reason why it’s the subject of ridicule. Spelling things backwards to invent a name seems like an ok thing to do for whoever originated this name (a celebrity, I think, but I don’t pay attention too much to these things), but it also seems fad-like to do so, except for the great absence of other names and words spelled backwards as newly invented names. [name]Just[/name] the one name caught on big time, but there might be ordinary people finding something that sounds “better” backwards, they just don’t spread.

Words are language in a certain order, names come from language and spelling things backwards isn’t language, it’s an encryption method. Not to say those are bad, but like when nephele anagrams new themed names for people, she’s anagramming your name into another name. One day, she ought to do secret code names by encrypting our names into other letters and then anagramming them into [name]Nevaeh[/name]-style names. I’m not sure how that would work, but she’s pretty clever.

I seriously dislike it…

I don’t not like it… It is very odd and corny and made up and tryndee but I still see the appeal and it doesn’t seem awful to me.

Still not sure how to say it, I pronounce it like [name]Nuh[/name]-VAY-uh but that’s probably wrong.

I’d pick [name]Heaven[/name] as a name over [name]Nevaeh[/name] any day though.

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I don’t like it… If it’s not only the “heaven” thing that attracts you to it, you might also like

[name]Noemi[/name] or [name]Naomi[/name]

I hate it. Sorry!

theres one of them in my daughters gymnastics and i still cannot pronounce her name… and her mother has a strong accent so i cant figure it out. i feel bad, but i hate it. but my kids have very simlple names so im slightly biased.

can anyone help with pronounceiation?

I also STRONGLY dislike it. It seems cheap and trashy to me, like it should be placed with [name]Candy[/name] and [name]Destiny[/name].
Not to mention, my husband pointed out that the “opposite” of [name]Heaven[/name] would be hell…so wouldn’t that me the “meaning” of [name]Nevaeh[/name]?

That’s what I think! To me, naming your kid [name]Nevaeh[/name] is basically naming them Hell. But it looks even trashier. Why not just use [name]Heaven[/name] as a name? Or [name]Celestia[/name]?

And what the heck is up with the pronunciation? I’ve been told it’s pronounced something like [name]Nuh[/name]-VAY-uh, right? Well how would you figure that out just by looking it at? It looks like [name]Nev[/name]-ay to me.

I agree! [name]How[/name] do you get that pronunciation?

I think [name]Haven[/name] is much cuter than [name]Nevaeh[/name]

Exactly!

It seems like that is logical, but if you’ve ever heard about secret messages you can hear while playing a record in reverse (like, real vinyl records from the old days that you could spin backwards, not CDs as far as I know!), it would seem that is not true. A backwards message in the song is “hidden” and does not have an opposite meaning just because you can’t hear it when the record is playing forward. That means it’s there and supposedly meaningful. Relevant to the discussion, a lot of the backwards messages were supposedly about Satan, so playing the record forward did not negate the hidden message, but rather the meaning of the song or the character of the artist was intensified by the backward message, at least to people who looked for and listened to them - a plus in some cases, and a call for censorship in others.

Also 4+5=5+4. Negating language usually means adding a prefix or a suffix, like un-, in-, im-, dis- or -less, whereas spelling them backwards is just a jumble of letters with either a meaning (anagram) or no meaning, or in this case, somewhat of an encryption. DEVIL spelled backwards is LIVED, but those two words have meanings - that is merely an observation that the letters can be arranged into two different words in neat reverse order. VDILE doesn’t mean anything or to someone it may be a scramble like they have in the newspaper or it could be someone’s brand name or a code they are trying to transmit in a message full of scrambled words or a typo.

In the case of [name]Nevaeh[/name], the word has no meaning except as an anagram of [name]Heaven[/name], so means “heaven.” If someone prefers [name]Neveah[/name], that is also meaning an anagram of [name]Heaven[/name] and means the same thing, even if many here would say [name]Nevaeh[/name] is bad enough but then some people spell it even more wrong! They’re both corny, and they’re both spelled right as far as I’m concerned, until it morphs into Nyvay or NaViyah.

That’s what I think! To me, naming your kid [name]Nevaeh[/name] is basically naming them Hell. But it looks even trashier. Why not just use [name]Heaven[/name] as a name? Or [name]Celestia[/name]? [/quote]

I think 1) [name]Nevaeh[/name] is more “name-like” than [name]Heaven[/name] and appeals to people who don’t want to use a word name. Actually, with a gun pointed at my head, I prefer [name]Nevaeh[/name] to [name]Heaven[/name], as [name]Heaven[/name] to me is like naming your child Darling or [name]Precious[/name] or something they can’t grow into - or [name]Miracle[/name] or something - too much emotion on the part of the parent, not enough realistic intention, or even on the flaky side, like Moonbeam, too literal, too weird, obnoxious, juvenile. [name]Nevaeh[/name] sounds more name-like, [name]Heaven[/name] is way cornier. This is just me talking, but [name]Nevaeh[/name] seems downright rational given the circumstances.

1. Some people do name their twins [name]Heaven[/name] and [name]Nevaeh[/name]. It is currently at #75 on the list of most popular twin pair names. So they are naming one of their daughters [name]Heaven[/name].

2. [name]Celestia[/name] or other names regarding the sky, the “heavens,” well I’m not religious, but I would hazard to guess a) it sounds old (sit down and get a glass of water; some people hate old names!), b) it’s not referring to the place, [name]Heaven[/name], that some people regard differently than the mystery of outer space in general. I think [name]Celestia[/name], [name]Celeste[/name], etc., are more about pondering the magnitude and distance of the universe, also called “the heavens,” while [name]Heaven[/name] is to some a real place with a different definition.

3. [name]Nevaeh[/name] is not meaning anything opposite of [name]Heaven[/name]. I don’t know where people got that idea just because it’s spelled backwards - the English language has never worked that way before. I detail some reasons and examples in my post directly above this one.

terrible

Hey! Over here! Yep, I’m a secret [name]Nevaeh[/name] supporter. No, I don’t actually love it, its not a favorite, but I just would like to see some more open-mindedness and acceptance here. I don’t mean to preach, but I think we should all accept each other’s opinions on names. If we are allowed to like [name]Gertrude[/name], then there’s no problem with [name]Nevaeh[/name]. [name]Every[/name] name was made up once, and just because [name]Anne[/name] was made up centuries ago and [name]Nevaeh[/name] was made up recently, it doesn’t mean they can’t be somewhat equal.

When I say it, it feels like I’m eating cereal. Not fun like saying [name]Genevieve[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name] or [name]Iris[/name]. I think it has too many vowel sounds for my taste.

Actually, in Latin literature the word for heavens, which [name]Celestia[/name] is derived from, is often used to refer to the dwelling place of the [name]Roman[/name] gods, and so could easily translate (across both religion and language) to mean [name]Heaven[/name]. I think [name]Celestia[/name] is a beautiful name, although I prefer the less flamboyant [name]Celeste[/name].

Lol, I love this thread–thanks for sharing! I don’t care for it but I don’t have a great hatred for it because there’s nothing objectionable about the sound itself. The first time I heard it I was intrigued and found it pleasant-sounding. When I heard it was heaven backwards, I understood how that could be special to a lot of people although I found the concept to be a little cheesy. I think it’s on par with [name]Destiny[/name].