Sosie Amanda

I’m due [name]March[/name] 29th and we just found out we are having a girl. The girl name that we decided on at 10 weeks and are set on is [name]Sosie[/name] [name]Amanda[/name]. We saw the name [name]Sosie[/name] in connection with [name]Kevin[/name] Bacon and [name]Kyra[/name] Sedgewick’s daughter and it just really grew on us. [name]Amanda[/name] comes from both of our sisters (my sis’s first and his sis’s middle.) We have a daughter named [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Ann[/name] [name]Grayce[/name].

I’ve been hesitant to share because we are really set on this and were afraid to hear negative comments, but I thought that it’s only fair I give y’all the chance to comment since I’ve commented on so many other members’ choices. Thanks! :slight_smile:

First of all: Congratulations!!

I never heard this name before, but I like it!!! Where does “[name]Sosie[/name]” come from?!? Is it a nickname?!?

[name]Sosie[/name] is a great find! Good job. I don’t like [name]Amanda[/name] with it, but I don’t think middle names matter all that much, so you should give her whatever mn you love.

I love [name]Sosie[/name] with [name]Scarlett[/name], and it does remind me of [name]Kyra[/name] and [name]Kevin[/name]'s daughter. But, I think it is really cute and original. However, I don’t care for [name]Amanda[/name] with it, especially with [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Ann[/name] [name]Grayce[/name]. I would choose a more classic middle name, even though [name]Amanda[/name] has significance.

Would you be up for another similar name? I think [name]Sosie[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] would be perfect. It follows the SA initial pattern I think you were after, and it has the same start sound and origin (Latin) as [name]Amanda[/name]. Like [name]Amanda[/name], it has a good meaning, “to strive or excel.” I think [name]Sosie[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] just anchors the name a bit more and makes it sound like an even more perfect sister name with [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Ann[/name] [name]Grayce[/name].

[name]Sosie[/name] is a form of [name]Susie[/name], short for [name]Susanna[/name]. Like [name]Susanna[/name], it means “lily.” Cute!

I think that [name]Sosie[/name] is very sweet…

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your thoughts, ladies! :slight_smile:

lemon, I do think [name]Amelia[/name] is nice with [name]Sosie[/name], but we have already announced her future name and our sisters are extremely thrilled with our choice, so I doubt we’ll be changing it. LOL.

Thanks again.