space filler names..that are tiring?

what space filler names do you dislike now because of popularity?

[name]Grace[/name], [name]Marie[/name], [name]Anne[/name], [name]Lynn[/name]… they are way too over-used in my opinion. I used to love [name]Grace[/name] until it seemed like every little girl I met had that as her middle name.

[name]James[/name] as a middle name for boys, [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] as middle names for girls.

[name]Grace[/name]. Uhg. Yes it sounds so pretty but really you couldn’t think of anything else that sounds nice? I think [name]Gray[/name] would be much much prettier. Tired of [name]Jean[/name] and [name]Ray[/name], too!!

I am planing to use [name]Grace[/name] as a middle name as it is my great grandmothers name does that make it ok? And [name]Anne[/name] is very common but I plan on using that as well as it is a family middle name

[name]May[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]/[name]Mai[/name]

It seems as though every other little girl in the Uk under the age of 3 has this middle name. It’s a lovely name and is only ever used as the middle. Much like [name]Louise[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] for women my age.

I think [name]Marie[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Ann[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Lee[/name] were also so overused a while back that now I could never consider using any in the middle.

[name]Marie[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Michelle[/name], [name]Lauren[/name], and elizabeth were the middle names of every girl I knew except the ones whose first names were [name]Michelle[/name]! Most people I know now, middle names are all family names.

I am sick of [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Rose[/name] is the new [name]Marie[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Ann[/name] of this generation. Also [name]Grace[/name]. When I see [name]Grace[/name] used aamn, I can’t help but roll my eyes.

They are very refreshing in the middle. For example, [name]Rose[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] sounds more refreshing than [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

For boys, [name]James[/name]. I love [name]James[/name], but I’m trying to stay away from using it in the middle.

I have an uncommon middle name [name]Inez[/name]

[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Ann/name. Definitely.

If [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Ann/name are family names, why can’t people use [name]Gracia[/name] or [name]Gracie[/name], [name]Anna[/name] or [name]Anya[/name] or something more interesting?

In Germany [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Marie[/name] are filler names. I wanna scream everytime I read them. 3th and 4th most popular middle names are [name]Maria[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name]. About 20% of the girls (born 2011) that have a middle name have one of these 4 names (that in a way are only two different names…).

And then on number 6 and 5 we have [name]Luisa[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Luise[/name]/[name]Louise[/name]. So basically there are only 3 names on the first 6 places…

For boys the number one middle name is [name]Luca[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] on number 2.

I really dislike those filler middle names. It’s like parents just thinkt “well [name]Marie[/name] goes with anything” and thats it.

[name]May[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]/[name]Mai[/name] annoys me SO much. Like Hayley88 pointed out, I swear every other girl in the UK has this as a middle name. Granted, it’s very pretty and goes with almost everything, but it’s so boring now. [name]Annie[/name] [name]May[/name], [name]Gracie[/name] [name]May[/name], [name]Daisy[/name] [name]May[/name], [name]Poppy[/name] [name]May[/name], [name]Olivia[/name] [name]May[/name] and and [name]Rosie[/name] [name]May[/name] are the most annoying. Grr.

I’m also a bit sad at how popular [name]Rose[/name] is in the middle. It’s a family name and I absolutely adore it, but if I ever used it it would only be in the first spot because it sounds so dull as a middle name. Oh, and [name]Anne[/name] as well.

I actually like all these names…[name]Grace[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Marie[/name], [name]Mae[/name], etc. I find them to be pretty and classic. I like seeing them used as first names, also.

Really, none. I mean, sure, [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Marie[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Mae[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], etc., are all either overused or are starting to be, but even the ones I hated the most ([name]Grace[/name], [name]Mae[/name], [name]Rose[/name]) have family significance to me, so I would use them. Yeah, sure, I could come up with something like [name]Anais[/name] or [name]Gracia[/name] instead of [name]Grace[/name] to honor my grandmother, but neither of those seem to represent my grandmother as perfectly as [name]Grace[/name] does.

Did I make a pact with myself in my early teen years that I would never give my children filler MNs? Yes, of course I did. I utterly hated growing up with the MN [name]Marie[/name] (which was filler in my case). But sometimes things change and if I had a daughter tomorrow she would definitely be [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Grace[/name], no question. Some people may just really love [name]Grace[/name], [name]Marie[/name], or [name]Rose[/name], too. I mean, yes, if the parent chose [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] just because it sounded nice, then yes, I would say I’m tired of most of them, even though I find the merit in all of them (save [name]Lynn[/name]!), but if there is a reason behind [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name], family name or not, I could care less. Then again, the more I’ve looked into names, the more I’m willing to let go the whole popular/filler name thing I had a huge issue with when I was younger, haha.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with using a plainer middle name (such as [name]Anne[/name]) if it’s to honour a family member, or for another personally significant reason. However, if they’re just being used as filler, I’m sick of: [name]Ann[/name]/[name]Anne[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Marie[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Rose[/name]…I’m in my mid twenties, and I think almost eery gorl i grew up with had one of these in the middle. Boring!

[name]Grace[/name], [name]May[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Nicole[/name], [name]Anne[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Paige[/name]…I could go on! [name]Love[/name] [name]Rose[/name] as a fn though :slight_smile:

There aren’t really any that I dislike. On their own, they are all very pretty names. I’d like to see more of the names like [name]Anne[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Marie[/name], [name]Rose[/name], and [name]Jane[/name] used as first names. But I am guilty of using one of these “space filler” names as a middle name for my oldest daughter. Her middle name is [name]Marie[/name], but [name]Marie[/name] is also my middle name, my sisters’ middle name, my Mom’s middle name, and also my Grandmother’s middle name. I liked carrying on this tradition. I would have used it again with my 2nd daughter, but her first name is [name]Mary[/name] and I felt that it was time to try something new.