Spanish Boy's Name

My husband grew up in Spain and has a Spanish background. I’m Italian and Irish.

We have one child, a daughter - [name]Luca[/name], who is 3 years old now.

We’re expecting again, a boy, and we want a trendy and uncommon, but still acceptable, Spanish name, but we can’t find on that we’re crazy about. Any ideas?

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Lorenzo[/name] nn [name]Enzo[/name] (or just plain [name]Enzo[/name])- sorry melissa2, I beat you to it :slight_smile:
[name]Mateo[/name]
[name]Mattias[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Raul[/name]
[name]Apollo[/name]
[name]Fabio[/name] or [name]Fabian[/name]
[name]Sergio[/name]
[name]Julio[/name]
[name]Javier[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Alejandro[/name]
[name]Pablo[/name]
[name]Valentino[/name]

My personal favorite with [name]Luca[/name] are [name]Cruz[/name], [name]Enzo[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Mateo[/name], and [name]Julio[/name]. Sorry that all of them aren’t Spanish or ‘trendy’, but I liked them so much I couldn’t resist suggesting them. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Navarro[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Navarone[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Alvaro[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Cortez[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Octavio[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Benicio[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Dezi[/name]/[name]Desi[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Marquez[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Armando[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Leonardo[/name] (nn “[name]Leo[/name]”)
[name]Luca[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name] (granted, [name]Sebastian[/name] is in the top 10, but I like it with [name]Luca[/name]!)

P.S. I’m confused about the “trendy” yet “uncommon” preference, because trendy names, by nature, aren’t uncommon. Could you give an example?

I personally love the name [name]Valentino[/name]…it’s a name me and my fiance are deciding to use when I do get preggos and have a boy.

What part of Spain? There are many cool regional names but it’s probably important to your family to reference the right part. Without knowing, here are some, mainly from Catalonia:

[name]Pau[/name] (Catalan for [name]Paul[/name], also means peace, now known through [name]Pau[/name] Gasol of the LA Lakers)
[name]Jordi[/name] (Catalan for [name]George[/name])
Ausies (Catalan for Ausias)
[name]Marti[/name] ([name]Martin[/name])
[name]Bernat[/name] (Catalan for [name]Bernardo[/name])
[name]Manu[/name] (nn for [name]Manuel[/name])
Ferran (Catalan for [name]Fernando[/name], known through world famous chef Ferran [name]Adria[/name])
[name]Adria[/name] ([name]Adrian[/name], like the last name above but also a first name)
Aitor (Basque)
[name]Nacho[/name]
Carles (Catalan for [name]Carlos[/name])
[name]Josep[/name] (Catalan for [name]Jose[/name]/[name]Joseph[/name])
[name]Gervasio[/name]
[name]Santiago[/name] (nn [name]Tiago[/name] or Thiago)
[name]Salvador[/name]
Maore (Basque)
[name]Oriol[/name] (Catalan - like the oriole bird, the [name]Baltimore[/name] baseball team)
[name]Enric[/name] (Catalan for [name]Enrique[/name])

Also, I’d browse some of the Spanish newspapers online for names. Suerte!

I love [name]Diego[/name], [name]Javier[/name], [name]Joaquin[/name], [name]Cruz[/name], [name]Emilio[/name], [name]Mateo[/name], and [name]Sergio[/name]. And [name]Vicente[/name]!