Spanish speakers-Luca for a boy???

I’m wondering if [name_u]Luca[/name_u] would be out of place amone these boys’ middle and/or nicknames.

I like [name_m]Beno[/name_m], Casio, [name_m]Casiano[/name_m], [name_u]Nico[/name_u], Nai, [name_m]Mateo[/name_m], [name_u]Rio[/name_u], and [name_u]Cruz[/name_u], among others.

For sure Eliott nn Elio

What do you think? Does [name_u]Luca[/name_u] seem feminine among Spanish speakers? The only other name my husband likes for this is [name_m]Mateo[/name_m].

I was thinking maybe it would be less strange if we chose middle/nicknames that didn’t all end in -o (something like [name_u]Cruz[/name_u], Nai, [name_m]Elio[/name_m] and [name_u]Luca[/name_u] for example).

My DH was born and raised in Mexico, I asked him about [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and he doesn’t think it sounds too feminine. If he heard [name_u]Luca[/name_u], he’ll think boy. Also I would suggest going with the [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] spelling, since you prefer that spelling anyways and you can still get the nn [name_m]Elio[/name_m].

Here in Greece female names also end in an -ah or -ee sound 95% of the time, and I don’t think [name_u]Luca[/name_u] is too feminine at all!

Thank you both for the replies. I’m going to keep it on my list!

As far as [name_u]Eliott[/name_u]/[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] goes, I thought of just using my favorite spelling but after thinking on it a while now I decided one ‘l’ is perfect. His first name will have one ‘l,’ and so does our last name, so I think it actually goes better than my usual preferred spelling anyways!

Why do you need a nickname for the middle? Are you planning on calling him by his middle name instead? I do like [name_u]Luca[/name_u], it is not feminine. I think I even like [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Elio[/name_m] better than [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_u]Eliott[/name_u].

Reread post. [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and [name_u]Eliott[/name_u] are both middle name ideas? Sorry…didn’t get that. I like both names.

Yeah, I asked for future reference (I’m constantly working on my name lists and like to think ahead) Only talking middle names that can be used as nicknames or shortened to nicknames to use around Spanish-speaking relatives or when speaking Spanish at any other time.

[name_m]Elio[/name_m] is for baby boy #1.

[name_u]Luca[/name_u] is on my list for potential use later on.

Thanks for the feedback though!