Sparky names like Ziva?đź’Ą

I absolutely love the name [name_f]Ziva[/name_f]. It’s a name that has floated in and out of my top 10 for about six years now but has always been something that I would use in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. It feels so [name_u]Abby[/name_u]. I love names that are spunky, zippy, vivacious, uncommon, and I believe a good way to describe [name_f]Ziva[/name_f] is sparky. She just has a fire.

Unfortunately, [name_f]Ziva[/name_f] means “gonorrhea” in Israeli Hebrew. Since discovering that, the name feels less usable to me. Perhaps on a character but not for a real child. I’m longing to fill the void of [name_f]Ziva[/name_f] on my list and I’m in search of names that feel just as sparky.

Now. [name_f]Aviva[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Aviva[/name_f], for other people. It’s a beautiful name but I don’t see it for myself. Same with [name_f]Aziza[/name_f]. They are lovely and I hope that others use them.

What names give you sparky vibes? Names that just have so much energy that they feel as though they’re about to catch fire? Names with a similar feel to [name_f]Ziva[/name_f]?

Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

2 Likes

Zelda, [name_f]Vivica[/name_f], [name_f]Vivia[/name_f], Zaia, (Zay-uh) [name_f]Zahra[/name_f], [name_f]Xena[/name_f], [name_f]Zena[/name_f]

1 Like

Elara

1 Like

[name_f]Vivica[/name_f], [name_f]Pia[/name_f], [name_u]Toni[/name_u], [name_f]Meeka[/name_f], [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f]/Tzipora, [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], Zora, Xavia, Xia/Zia, Nasia

1 Like

Zadie
[name_f]Zazie[/name_f]
[name_f]Zeta[/name_f] (I used to have a classmate called this, I’ve always thought it was super cool!)
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Liza[/name_f]
Zali / [name_f]Zayley[/name_f]
[name_f]Mitzi[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxy[/name_f]
[name_f]Tova[/name_f]
Zeona
[name_f]Zaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Zuzu[/name_f] (more of a nickname but I love the spunky energy it has)
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f]

Some of these are different style-wise but I feel they have the same fiery energy that [name_f]Ziva[/name_f] does!

1 Like

@baya44 [name_f]Zahra[/name_f] and [name_f]Xena[/name_f] are lovely!

@Spark [name_f]Elara[/name_f] is beautiful!

@sgsg8 [name_f]Pia[/name_f], [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], and [name_u]Zia[/name_u] are wonderful!

@caramel107 [name_f]Juno[/name_f] absolutely fits! She’s one of my absolute favorites!

@EagleEyes I really like [name_f]Zadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Tova[/name_f]!

@Arythia [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is beautiful but a bit too common for me.

Zelda was mentioned multiple times and I’d considered it before! I really love the name but I’m not familiar at all with the game and I’m worried the association is too strong.

2 Likes

Azalea is beautiful!

Ziva is very sparky - perfectway of describing it. Such a shame about the meaning though.

Vita
Embla
Ebba
Stella
Zara
Eva
Priya
Dana
Calla
Savvy
Kizzy
Kia
Opal
Pippa
Zena/Xena
Zelie
Libby
Fliss
Ginny
Zita/Zeta

1 Like

What??? Nooooo! I never knew that’s what [name_f]Ziva[/name_f] means. I just thought it was the literal bright meaning (which is a lot of the reason why I love it so much). I don’t have many new suggestions (there’ll be repeats), but I have a few names that give off a similarly badass vibe. Also I’m glad I know about the less savoury connections to [name_f]Ziva[/name_f] now haha.

Xena
[name_f]Clio[/name_f]/Cleo
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_u]Zia[/name_u]
[name_f]Xenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adira[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Tasha[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxy[/name_f]
[name_f]Nyssa[/name_f]
[name_f]Inara[/name_f]
[name_f]Liza[/name_f]
[name_f]Azula[/name_f]/Azura
[name_f]Kira[/name_f]
[name_f]Sahar[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f] ([name_f]Eda[/name_f])
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]

1 Like

That meaning is… unfortunate.

Vivian
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Zoey[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Ione[/name_f]
[name_f]Joy[/name_f]

1 Like

@Greyblue spunky and bright seemed okay but just not cutting it? Then sparky came to me last night and I thought it was perfect! I’m happy someone else agrees haha. I love [name_f]Embla[/name_f], [name_f]Priya[/name_f], [name_f]Savvy[/name_f], [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], [name_f]Xena[/name_f], and [name_f]Zelie[/name_f]!

@Myosotis I know! I was devastated too! It’s spelled differently than the word in Hebrew but they’re pronounced exactly the same out loud. [name_f]Xena[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_u]Zia[/name_u], [name_f]Xenia[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], and [name_f]Azula[/name_f] are lovely!

@anon68906791 [name_f]Xena[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], and [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] are beautiful!

@hellobanjo it really is :pensive:. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_u]Piper[/name_u], and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] are great names!

2 Likes

Personally, I think [name_f]Ziva[/name_f] would still work as a name. In Hebrew, [name_f]Ziva[/name_f] as gonorrhea and as a brilliant light are spelled differently (זיבה versus זיוה). [name_f]Ziva[/name_f]’s listed on Kveller (a website for Jewish parents that has a baby names encyclopedia) so they also give it a stamp of approval! I know a [name_f]Ziva[/name_f] whose family is fairly observant and certainly knows Hebrew; I don’t think she’s had many issues. But I still understand not wanting to use it.

Other possibilities:
[name_f]Reva[/name_f]/Riva
other Hebrew “[name_u]Avi[/name_u]” names – [name_f]Avital[/name_f], [name_f]Avigail[/name_f]/Avigael/ plain old [name_u]Avi[/name_u], [name_f]Aviya[/name_f] (they would stick out as "oh that’s a Hebrew name to some people, but definitely not to everyone)

Viva
[name_f]Aliza[/name_f] (pronounced either with the i sounding like “eye” or “ee”)

Mazie

3 Likes

@haltingpie I tried to reason it by saying they’re spelled differently in Hebrew but ultimately, I realized that there’s not much of a difference between naming a kid Gonorrhea or Goneria, so it would feel too similar. I’m not Jewish and I don’t know Hebrew though so it’s nice to see that people who are more familiar with the religion/language/culture deem it okay. [name_u]Israel[/name_u] is high on the list of places I want to show my kids someday.
I really like [name_f]Avia[/name_f]! I like it pronounced ah-vee-uh instead of ay-vee-uh, which is how I’ve seen it in real life. [name_f]My[/name_f] name is actually [name_u]Abby[/name_u] ([name_f]Abigael[/name_f]) so I’m not sure if using an [name_u]Avi[/name_u] name would be odd haha.

Zelenia, [name_f]Zelmira[/name_f], [name_f]Zelie[/name_f], [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f], [name_u]Zia[/name_u], [name_f]Zofia[/name_f], [name_f]Zosia[/name_f], [name_f]Zora[/name_f], [name_f]Zoraida[/name_f], [name_f]Zoya[/name_f], [name_f]Zula[/name_f], Zurine, [name_f]Yareli[/name_f], [name_f]Xenia[/name_f], [name_f]Ula[/name_f] and [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] came to mind!

1 Like

Suvi
[name_f]Sukey[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Xiola[/name_f]
[name_u]Risa[/name_u]
[name_u]Vida[/name_u]
[name_f]Rita[/name_f]
[name_f]Zarina[/name_f]
[name_m]Zente[/name_m]
[name_f]Resel[/name_f]
[name_u]Tavi[/name_u], [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anais[/name_f]
[name_f]Eirlys[/name_f]
[name_f]Chrysalis[/name_f]
Evra
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_u]Tris[/name_u]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_u]Aletris[/name_u]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] (is endings are sparky to me!)
[name_u]Aris[/name_u]
[name_u]Idris[/name_u]
[name_u]Elysian[/name_u]
[name_f]Lilis[/name_f]
[name_u]Solaris[/name_u]
[name_f]Solita[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosita[/name_f]
[name_f]Marchesa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tanis[/name_f]
[name_f]Betrys[/name_f] ([name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]’ sparky cousin)
[name_u]Enfys[/name_u]
[name_f]Rivka[/name_f]
and finally [name_u]Alva[/name_u], which I think is both soft and sparky :blush:

1 Like

I can’t unsee Zika, as in the virus.

@fearlessfirefly [name_f]Zelie[/name_f], [name_u]Zia[/name_u], [name_f]Xenia[/name_f], and [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] are lovely!

@EdgeOfTheMeadow I love [name_f]Suvi[/name_f], [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Zarina[/name_f], [name_u]Tavi[/name_u], Evra, and [name_u]Elysian[/name_u]!

@voughtlori okay? That’s not why I’m not using [name_f]Ziva[/name_f]…

1 Like

Zoya
[name_u]Paz[/name_u] (gold in [name_u]Israel[/name_u] Hebrew)
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_u]Raz[/name_u] (another Hebrew name)
[name_f]Zala[/name_f]
[name_u]Zola[/name_u]

But [name_f]Ziva[/name_f] does not mean only what you said . Sure it’s that, but it also means “her light”, or “beauty”, and is totally usable in [name_u]Israel[/name_u] ! ( trust me, I live here lol). It’s not that rare and I don’t see a problem with using it. That definition is def not the main one, the one I gave is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Avie (maybe it would be a little weird for you to use an [name_u]Avi[/name_u] name, I’m not sure)
[name_f]Pia[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Juni[/name_f]
[name_f]Junia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tia[/name_f]
Vaea / Vaia (vay-uh)
Cova
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Vada[/name_f]
[name_f]Via[/name_f]
[name_f]Iva[/name_f]
[name_f]Raea[/name_f] (ray-uh)
[name_f]Raia[/name_f] / [name_f]Raya[/name_f] (ray-uh or rye-uh)

1 Like

Iskra :sparkles:

Full of light and life, has that sense of energy bubbling under the surface that you’re talking about, and it literally means “spark”!

I love it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes