Sparrow: Yay or Nay

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] as a first name for a girl? We have it set as middle name possibility but was considering bumping it up to a first name option for this little one due in [name_u]November[/name_u].

I love it. It’s one of those names I love to see used. It’s one of those beautiful names that takes a bit of bravery to use. I can’t imagine ever regretting bumping it to first name status.

I love most of the names in your signature too. Great taste :wink:

Cute! I think I like [name_f]Lark[/name_f] or [name_u]Wren[/name_u] more but [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] is adorable

I love it!

Yay! I love [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]! :slight_smile:

It is absolutely lovely!

Like it… For a boy only. Sorry.

I prefer for a boy, but go for it if you love it

Go for it. Not a favourite of mine, but definitely straddles that unusual and yet familiar line beautifully.

If someone I knew said ‘we’ve named our daughter “[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]”’ I’d think wow - that’s very cool.

Yay!!! Beautiful name

I think [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] is a brilliant first name option!

Awesome! Thanks for the replies. I can totally understand why some people would prefer it on a boy. Personally, I find it works great on both.

I really like [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]! I think its an awesome name and I prefer it as a first name for a girl. If you love it, I say go for it :slight_smile:

[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] is very pretty.

I don’t like it

So excited to see this thread as I have often wondered opinions on [name_f]Sparrow[/name_f] as a first name for a girl. I love it, and it seems that others fancy it as well. I say use it and I think it fits nicely with your son’s name.

I say yea. :wink: I think you’d really have to commit to it because you’ll get odd looks and double-takes initially. But it’s certainly more memorable than [name_u]Robin[/name_u] or [name_f]Lark[/name_f].

I like it! It’s different but still recognizable and fits with other names such as [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_u]Robin[/name_u], [name_f]Lark[/name_f], etc. I do think it’s masculine, but nature names are always unisex.

I vote YAY