Spelling baby Girl's name

Hello, from Nashville! I’ve fallen in love with [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] ([name_u]Carmen[/name_u] is great-grandmother’s name) for our little girl (and my two little boys [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] like it too). My husband isn’t 100%, but I think it’s a timing issue, and he’ll like it once we’re 34 weeks. I know [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is supposed to be pretty common, but I haven’t run across any at my sons’ school or on the entire soccer league (3 yo - 5th grade).

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] goes with [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] (my husband and I also have two syllables)?

[name_m]How[/name_m] should we spell it? Our last name is [name_m]Allen[/name_m].

I’m thinking [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is too many ls with our last name.
What about [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]?

Thanks!

I think it goes well with your other two! I personally don’t like the look of [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], but the other two are nice. I think my favourite by a hair is [name_f]Isobel[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Isabel/name_f! My favorite girls’ name is [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], actually, though, so I’m quite biased. I think [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] work really well, and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] is great! I think [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] or [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] looks fine, but I like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] better. (I like [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] even more, but I’m super biased in the direction of the [name_m]French[/name_m] spelling! I don’t mind the "L"s at all.)

I’d probably rank them [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] first, then [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], then [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] far behind that. I have never been a huge fan of the Scottish spelling, although I’m not sure why.

Good luck!

My favorite is [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], followed by [name_f]Isabel[/name_f].

I adore [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] (much prefer these spellings). I think [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] goes well with [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_u]Dylan[/name_u].

I love both the [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] spellings, and much prefer them over [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. Somehow [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] seems more elegant and understated. I think it goes really well with your boy’s names, and it really is a lovely choice.

Between [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] it’s hard to choose. I think it depends on personal preference, though if the surname was Scottish and you had strong Scottish heritage I would tend to go for [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], otherwise I would choose [name_f]Isabel[/name_f].

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] is beautiful! I like the [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] spellings, but I’d definitely choose [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] here. I think it fits much better with her gorgeous Spanish middle name and is less likely to be misspelled in the US. [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is beautiful but it is a more obscure spelling and might have to be corrected a lot.

I think the spelling [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] goes best with your boys names :slight_smile:

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas! I think, if it ends up being [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], we’ll go with this spelling!

I adore [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]… but [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] goes better with your boys.

My favorite spelling is [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] followed by [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is also nice too!

Definitely [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]! Second I think [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] then [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. Variations of these names are common ( I have 6 [name_f]Izzie[/name_f]/[name_u]Issy[/name_u]/[name_f]Issie[/name_f]/[name_u]Izzy[/name_u] s in my school grade of 100 girls) but I think they are still beautiful and perhaps slightly less common with the nickname [name_f]Belle[/name_f]/[name_f]Bel[/name_f]/[name_f]Bella[/name_f] or [name_u]Isa[/name_u] instead of [name_f]Izzie[/name_f].

It’s a very pretty name. I like the look of [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] best. I think I am quite attracted to "o"s. :smiley:

My favorite spelling is [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]. But I actually pronounce the three spellings differently. [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] I say as it’s spelled…Is a belle. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] I want to say E sa bel (because that’s how it’s pronounced in Spanish)…and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] I want to say Is O bel.

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] – [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_m]Allen[/name_m]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] – [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_m]Allen[/name_m]

I think [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] [name_m]Allen[/name_m] looks more pleasing than the other two…and I think it is least likely to be misspelled.

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] is stunning! I like the [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] spelling best.