Spelling, Emphasis & Flow!

See the results of this poll: Which one flows better? NEUMsiq is a stand in last name with the emphasis on the NEUM

Respondents: 11 (This poll is closed)

• Aurora Fleur JU-liet NEUMsiq : 3 (27%)
  • Aurora Fleur Juli-ETTE NEUMsiq: 8 (73%)

For what it’s worth, when I’m speaking English I pronounce [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] identically, so this would strictly be a question of which combo looks better. Maybe this is not the case in Germany? (I’m in [name_f]Canada[/name_f].)

Based on the syllables you break down, I think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] JU-liet NEUMsiq sounds a bit more pleasing than the [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] option - in that one, the two stressed syllables are really close together and I’d prefer to break them up. That said, neither strikes me as really problematic.

I pronounce [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] the same. I prefer the look of [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. With the pronunciation you have, I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f].

I prefer the sound of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] but the look of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] ([name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] both being 6 letters kind of bugs me… I know, namenerd…).
[name_u]Love[/name_u] the combo and all of the names, by the way! It has such a dreamy magical vibe while actually being solid and substantial as well.

Thanks. I am leaning towards [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] for the reason you gave. And if people people pronounce them the same in English, it really doesn’t matter.

Thank You. With this combo I’m leaning more towards [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], too, as, and I’m all for frilly names, [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] together looks very very [name_m]French[/name_m] and very very princess-y, especially with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], which I don’t associate with the princess but many do.

The letter thing did bother me but then [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] might be a bit much in one combo. I love think the combo is, like you said, quite dreamy and magical and I think that [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] might make it feel more grounded while [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] makes it a tad too sugar-y sweet?!

However, when thinking about it and actually saying the name out loud, I’m pretty sure both pronuciations are possible for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] in [name_m]German[/name_m], while [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] usually gets the [name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciation. So I think with your help, I’ve half answered the question myself.