Spelling help for "Annika"!

I really like the name [name]Annika[/name] pronounced ahn-ih-kuh, not with “ann” at the beginning. I’m wondering what the best spelling is for this name? I’ve known someone named this since I was about five and she spells it as [name]Annika[/name], it never occurred to me it could get pronounced something else. I met someone recently with this name but she spells it [name]Anika[/name]. I’d love to hear some opinions on spelling and also just your overall thoughts on the name, thanks!

I think I’d be more likely to pronounce it the way you want with the spelling [name]Anika[/name] rather than [name]Annika[/name]. But I think either way, most people will say ann-ih-kuh (at least where i live that’s how people pronounce it). However, all it takes is for you to correct them, then problem solved.

I like [name]Annika[/name] more, but [name]Anika[/name] is the same with one n.
Here in Germany I know 2 [name]Anika[/name]'s with one n and 3 with two n.
You can usw the spelling you want, it’s still the same name.
Pick the spelling you like more!

[name]Both[/name] [name]Annika[/name] and [name]Anika[/name] are accepted spellings. Neither would necessarily encourage the “ahn” pronunciation as that’s just a common variation–awhn-uh vs. ann-uh. I do think it’s more likely to be pronounced that way than some [name]Ann[/name] names.

I think it’s a very pretty name. I know an [name]Annika[/name] who’s about 12. It’s underused and lovely.

I know two Annikas that go to my school, one pronounces it ann-ih-ka, and the other ahn-ih-ka. [name]Both[/name] spell it [name]Annika[/name] and as far as I know, neither has had too many problems with pronunciation. I don’t really care for [name]Anika[/name], it looks incomplete to me. [name]Annika[/name] is a nice name, but for someone else’s child :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Annika[/name]! That’s for sure how I would spell it, even though I’ve heard it pronounced ah-NEE-kah and [name]ANN[/name]-ih-kah, too. I think it’s beautiful. I knew someone who planned to name her daughter Aunica, but I don’t find it anywhere near as beautiful as [name]Annika[/name]…

Finally de-lurking to reply to this post!!
[name]Annika[/name] is my name(but spelled differently)and I’ve always thought it was a great name to have. I would spell it with two Ns to create less confusion,though,ESPECIALLY if you’re in the US!

[name]Annika[/name] is ahn-ih-kah for me. That’s how both the [name]Annika[/name]'s I know pronounce their name.

[name]Anika[/name] is uh-knee-kuh. I work with a woman whose name is this.