spelling poll

See the results of this poll: How to spell?

Respondents: 18 (This poll is closed)

• Madeline: 3 (17%)
  • Madeleine: 14 (78%)
  • No preference: 1 (6%)

I’ve always preferred [name]Madeleine[/name], if you’re going with the -lyn pronunciation. But either is fine! I just don’t like [name]Madelyn[/name] or any other trendy spelling. :wink:

[name]Madeleine[/name] is my favorite spelling, [name]Elsie[/name], but I prefer [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Eva[/name] with [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. They seem to compliment each other that way, with [name]Madeline[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] being simple, sweet classics and [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Eva[/name] being more romantic and exotic. Perfect.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

As for nicknames, if [name]Maddie[/name] isn’t doing it for you, you could use [name]Addie[/name], [name]Ada[/name], [name]Adele[/name], [name]Del[/name], [name]Deli[/name] (!), Dela, or [name]Lina[/name], which might be my favorite.

Hmmm, I dont really get why [name]Madeline[/name] would be prn like [name]Madelyn[/name], I’ve always pronounced them differently. I’ve always prefered the [name]Madeleine[/name] spelling myself, but either are fine.

I prefer [name]Madeleine[/name], because it looks more complete and classic. [name]Madeline[/name] is perfectly fine, though. Some people I’ve heard pronounce [name]Madeline[/name] with ‘line’ at the end, so if you’re concerned about pronunciation problems then I would go with [name]Madeleine[/name], which is pretty straightforward in terms of pronunciation.

Ohhh so perplexed!! Not sure what I should choose! :slight_smile:

[name]Don[/name]'t worry, berries…I would never spell it [name]Madelynn[/name] or any other lame way. :wink: (No offense to anyone who does!!)