Spelling preference.... Juliet or Juliette?

See the results of this poll: Juliet or Juliette?

Respondents: 31 (This poll is closed)

• Juliet: 24 (77%)
  • Juliette: 7 (23%)

We talked breifly about using [name]Juliet[/name] for our daughter. I think it should be spelled [name]Juliet[/name] but my husband says [name]Juliette[/name]. [name]Juliet[/name] is more common, in the top 1000 names, I don’t think that [name]Juliette[/name] is.

I prefer [name]Juliet[/name]. I think that [name]Juliette[/name] looks overly frilly and a bit silly, and [name]Juliet[/name] is streamlined and elegant. Good luck!

I love both spellings! :slight_smile: I think the spelling depends on the name you’re pairing it with. If you’re pairing it with [name]Claire[/name] and want a French feel, I’d go with [name]Juliette[/name], but if you want to emphasize [name]Claire[/name]'s classic feel, I’d go with [name]Juliet[/name]. Either way, I think it’s a beautiful name! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thank you [name]Jill[/name]! Very helpful advice! Like both spellings, but probably want more of a classic emphasis versus French. My brother’s wife is from [name]France[/name], but aside from that, don’t really have any French ties.

Thank you [name]Jill[/name]! Very helpful advice! Like both spellings, but probably want more of a classic emphasis versus French. My brother’s wife is from [name]France[/name], but aside from that, don’t really have any French ties.[/quote]

No problem! [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] definitely feels more classic to me, while [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] feels French. When I saw [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] in your poll, I thought it was beyond gorgeous, but now that I remember your sons’ names (at least I think I remember them), I think [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] matches their classic style more than [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name].

But honestly, either way, I think it’s gorgeous!

Whichever you choose, good luck!

[name]Even[/name] though I adore [name]France[/name] and all things French, [name]Juliet[/name] feels so much more beautiful to me than [name]Juliette[/name]… maybe because it reminds me of [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]?

Thank you [name]Jill[/name]! Very helpful advice! Like both spellings, but probably want more of a classic emphasis versus French. My brother’s wife is from [name]France[/name], but aside from that, don’t really have any French ties.[/quote]

No problem! [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] definitely feels more classic to me, while [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] feels French. When I saw [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] in your poll, I thought it was beyond gorgeous, but now that I remember your sons’ names (at least I think I remember them), I think [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] matches their classic style more than [name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name].

But honestly, either way, I think it’s gorgeous!

Whichever you choose, good luck![/quote]

Thanks! (Sons [name]James[/name] & [name]Noah[/name]… yes, I feel like I’ve posted way too many times! :slight_smile: I’m one of those nameless baby parents, in which I wished this process were easier for me… read [name]Lemon[/name]'s Needle in the Haystack posting… but the one thing I have going in my favor is that baby girl isn’t born yet. My heart goes out to the parents who are still struggling months after the birth.

I used to love the spelling [name]Juliette[/name] but now I really prefer [name]Juliet[/name]. It is simpler, and seems stronger, while [name]Juliette[/name] is pretty, I find it unnecessarily frilly now.