Spelling - which do you prefer??

For these names, what do you prefer?

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] vs. [name_u]Bayley[/name_u] vs. [name_u]Baylee[/name_u] - nickname would be [name_u]Bay[/name_u], so although i like the spelling [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] best i think, I wonder if it is pronounced slightly different ([name_m]Bail[/name_m] - ee vs. [name_u]Bay[/name_u] - lee) Thoughts?

[name_u]Bryn[/name_u] vs. [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] - one N or two N debate…

I like the look of [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] the best and [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] looks much more feminine to me than [name_u]Bryn[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] the best, although if you want it to start with [name_u]Bay[/name_u]- I’d go with [name_u]Bayley[/name_u]. I don’t like the look of the double e ending. [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] with two ns looks more complete to me.

This, plus to answer your pronunciation question, I would pronounce [name_u]Bailey[/name_u], [name_u]Bayley[/name_u] and [name_u]Baylee[/name_u] exactly the same way.

I like the [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] ans [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] spellings best.

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] and [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] & [name_f]Brynn[/name_f].

oh good, kind of glad most people agree with my spelling preferences!
Now to just choose a name. hah

I’d go for [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]. It’s not a stretch to get [name_u]Bay[/name_u] from that. [name_u]Bayley[/name_u] seems like a creative spelling, even if it might have history - I’ve never looked it up.

[name_f]Brynn[/name_f] looks a little more substantial than [name_u]Bryn[/name_u], even though that second n is redundant. :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]Bayley[/name_u] although [name_u]Bailey[/name_u], and [name_f]Bailie[/name_f] are quite popular here.
[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Bryn[/name_u] The best!

I prefer both these names on boys. [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] is the most appealing spelling for me, the others look made up. As for [name_f]Brynn[/name_f], for a boy I would say 1 n, but for a girl, I guess two n’s makes it slightly more feminine.

For surnames I’ve seen it spelt [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] and [name_u]Bayley[/name_u], so either of those.

[name_u]Bryn[/name_u] is a Welsh boy’s name and that’s the way I’d spell it.

What if you combine the two names and go with Brynley or Brynnley? Beautiful and very feminine!

Definitely [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]… how about [name_f]Bayleigh[/name_f]?

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] looks the correct way with know weird or whacky spellings tagged too it. Also, both those pronunciations you posted sound exactly the same out loud, though I would use the same for all spellings anyway.

[name_f]Brynn[/name_f] looks a lot more complete to me than [name_u]Bryn[/name_u]

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] & [name_u]Bryn[/name_u]

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] and [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] get my vote! [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] is one of my favorites. :slight_smile:

This question plays on my mind a lot. The name [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] has been a favourite name of mine for years, but I can never decide on a spelling. I don’t care for keeping it traditional or else my ‘child will struggle’ or whatever in later life, as my name isn’t spelt the conventional way and I’m fine.

I’ve tossed between [name_u]Baylee[/name_u], [name_u]Bayley[/name_u], [name_f]Baylie[/name_f] and [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] for what seems like forever, and [name_u]Baylee[/name_u] is a top contender on my list right now. I pronounce them all the way (bay-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]). As long as the name isn’t spelled Baiiyeleeiighe, I think whatever spelling you pick will be fine. I also had [name_f]Bayleigh[/name_f] on my list and I secretly adore it.

For the [name_u]Bryn[/name_u]/[name_f]Brynn[/name_f] malarkey, I think [name_u]Bryn[/name_u] is better than [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]. Although [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] may look more feminine to some, the double -n endings in names drive me up the wall.

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]. Not only is it the most traditional, I think it looks the nicest: the most complete and least pointy or fussy. I say them all [name_u]BAY[/name_u]-lee. My sister’s family does have a dog [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] and it sounds like they’re saying [name_m]BAIL[/name_m]-ee, but I think that’s just their accent or something.

I like [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] better too. I dislike extra letters but [name_u]Bryn[/name_u] looks abbreviated to me, similar to [name_u]Lyn[/name_u].

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] and [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]!