Spencer

What do you think of [name]Spencer[/name]?

While I tend to lean more towards classic names, [name]Spencer[/name] is a family surname that I’ve always loved and DH just said he loves it too. I think it’s a great name that would age well and I love the nickname [name]Spence[/name]. Nameberry says it’s an “enthusiastically recommended choice”. But what do you berries think?

Also, would it seem strange to pair it with more classic sibling names? Would, say, [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] (our favorite girls name) seem mismatched? Does the fact that it’s a family name make up for styles not matching?

Thanks! I’d love your thoughts.

I have bad associations with the name [name]Spencer[/name], but I really like it for you since it’s a family name. I know guys named [name]Spencer[/name] in their 30s so that helps me to see it aging well. There’s something about [name]Spencer[/name] that seems young no matter how old you are. As far as “matching” goes, I don’t see that as an issue. I love it when sibling names sound good together but what the names mean to you is certainly more important.

I like [name]Spencer[/name]! I’m head over heels in love with Dr. [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Reid[/name] from Criminal Minds and I guess he gave it a very “nerd chic” vibe for me - which I love!. With the exception of 92 - 94, and 98 - 00, the name has basically hovered around the 3- 400’s…for the past 100 years! The most popular it’s ever been is 84 in 1998 and it’s been steadily falling since then.

But for the simple fact that it’s been on the top 1000 for the past 100 years makes me see it in a more classic light, I guess. [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Spencer[/name] don’t sound mismatched to me at all.

I love the name [name]Spencer[/name], although i’m slightly biased - I have a 23 month old nephew named [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Allen[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] - I think that it sounds like a classic name - I think of [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Tracy[/name] - anyways I think that the name can work for a child or adult

I love [name]Spencer[/name]! It fits in well with my taste in soft but masculine boy names. I definitely see it working well on a child as well as an adult which I think is so important. [name]Spencer[/name] does seem like a classic name to me so I don’t think you’ll have an issue finding sibling names that complement it. [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] doesn’t seem mismatched to me although I imagine [name]Spencer[/name]'s sister to have a longer name.