Spunky forms of "Ella"

[name_f]Promise[/name_f] this will be the last post of the day, hahaha!

We’re pretty sure “[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]” will be a no for us (:() so we’re looking into our other options. My next favorite isn’t my fiancé’s favorite and I’m not sure if he really loves any of the others (and is just trying to compromise and quickly pick something). I was going through my very first post and came across “[name_f]Ella[/name_f]” again. I like it, but my fiancé thinks it lacks something special.

What are some spunky/more “special” sounding names that either have [name_f]Ella[/name_f] in them or sound close to [name_f]Ella[/name_f]? (we find names such as [name_f]Daniella[/name_f], [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], etc. somewhat dated, though)

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

[name_u]Ellery[/name_u] (my favorite!)
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]
[name_f]Ebba[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Elira[/name_f]

Hmmm. Here are a few that I think have a ‘spunky’ vibe:

[name_f]Antonella[/name_f]
[name_f]Cristabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Fenella[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f]
[name_f]Gisela[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariela[/name_f]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f]
Ornella
[name_f]Raphaela[/name_f]/[name_f]Rafaela[/name_f]
[name_f]Sibella[/name_f]/[name_f]Sybella[/name_f]

You could also use an -el/-elle name to get there (ie [name_f]Mariel[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ella[/name_f].)

I like: [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]

• He thinks it’s not enough to stand on its own

He likes: [name_u]Ellery[/name_u] and [name_u]Ellison[/name_u]

• [name_u]Ellery[/name_u] reminds me of “celery” and I much prefer [name_u]Ellison[/name_u] for a boy (I don’t really like son names for girls)

Sadly we don’t agree on any :frowning:

I actually kind of like [name_f]Nella[/name_f] (but my fiancé doesn’t) but the others are a bit too ornate for us :frowning:

The names don’t have to have the nickname [name_f]Ella[/name_f]; I just really like the sound of it (I don’t think my fiancé would want to use [name_f]Ella[/name_f] as a nickname anyway) and would like it to be in the name (if possible)

try [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] or [name_f]Edda[/name_f]

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Elanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Louella[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]

I love [name_u]Ellery[/name_u]! I hadn’t heard that before. Too cute.

@kmdharrington; neither of us like [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] or [name_f]Edda[/name_f] sorry :frowning:

@kitty_queen7; I like: [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f],

• He thinks [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is too old, [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is too plain, and [name_f]Della[/name_f] sounds like “[name_m]Deli[/name_m]” to him

We both like [name_f]Stella[/name_f] though!

@kmidders; my fiancé likes [name_u]Ellery[/name_u] but it reminds me of “celery” and I don’t find it very pretty or appealing

My absolute favorite: [name_f]Luella[/name_f] / [name_f]Louella[/name_f]. I also love

[name_f]Eliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/a
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Elana[/name_f] /[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f]
[name_f]Leora[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Aliya[/name_f]
[name_f]Bella[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Angela[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Briella[/name_f] (or [name_f]Brie[/name_f]? [name_f]Brie[/name_f] is super cute!)
[name_f]Elaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Michaela[/name_f]
[name_f]Pamela[/name_f]

Any of those any good? If you like [name_f]Ella[/name_f], how about [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]?

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], [name_f]Alaska[/name_f], [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]?

[name_f]Edit[/name_f] 2: [name_f]Ellia[/name_f]? [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]? [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]? names that contain [name_u]Elia[/name_u]? [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_f]Emelia[/name_f]?

[name_f]Ellisia[/name_f] would be my choice

Here are some that are kind of like [name_f]Ella[/name_f]:

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_u]Isa[/name_u]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellia[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
Eliosa
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]
[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Elba[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Elva[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Vada[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]

Some of these are a bit far-fetched, but I really hope you find the perfect name!

[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]?
[name_f]Mariella[/name_f]?
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]?

I like: [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], [name_f]Elora[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Emelia[/name_f], and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]

• He thinks [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f], & [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] are too old sounding, doesn’t like the sound of [name_f]Elora[/name_f], doesn’t like [name_f]Emelia[/name_f], and thinks [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] isn’t a good stand alone name (if he doesn’t like [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as full names, I’m not surprised he doesn’t like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as a full name)

He likes: [name_f]Alaska[/name_f]

• I don’t think it should be used as a name

We both like: [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f] (on our list, my second favorite but I don’t think he wants to use it), [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] (already on our list, but neither of us love it).

I also like [name_f]Ada[/name_f] a lot but we can’t use it since it’s too close to [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Madalyn[/name_f]