SSA name data

So the SSA Name Data was postponed and wanted to take a poll to see what everyone thought would happen (with secret hope that someone at the Social Security office sees it)

Options (based on what I think could happen) -

1. It’s released later this month
  2. We get it in [name_u]June[/name_u]
  3. They release it for [name_u]July[/name_u] 4th
  4. They release it for back to school (if that happens this year)
  5. We get it for fathers day
  6. We get it for Thanksgiving
  7. We get it for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]
  8. We get it for [name_u]New[/name_u] Years.
  9. We get it in a package deal with the 2020 data
  10. We don’t get it ever.

I’m personally leaning towards either the last couple of days in [name_f]May[/name_f] or Fathers day but I’m curious on what everyone else thinks.

I doubt they know for sure themselves, to be honest. I think [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_u]June[/name_u] is wishful thinking though, unfortunately :pensive:

I imagine it will be released whenever the more pressing issues that the SSA are currently dealing with due to this crisis have calmed down enough to do so.

Whether or not they tie the release into another celebration, like Fathers’ [name_u]Day[/name_u] or Thanksgiving, I suppose depends on whether it’s ready to release near a notable date like that. But I can see them just releasing it whenever it’s ready to go.

I don’t think it will be rolled into the 2020 data, and I don’t think we’ll never get it. [name_f]My[/name_f] guess would be sometime in the autumn.

I wonder what will happen about the British data, which is usually sometime in Sept? :thinking:

I’d like to guess Father’s [name_u]Day[/name_u]. Usually it comes out just before Mother’s [name_u]Day[/name_u], so that feels appropriate instead.

I do agree with @katinka here:

I could see it having to wait till the fall. [name_u]June[/name_u] might be too soon, unfortunately. :confused:

Ugh. I was so looking forward to this too. But I do understand that they’re dealing with a lot right now.
I want to guess Father’s [name_u]Day[/name_u]. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

This is what I am predicting too - it’ll likely be released at a random date that is seen appropriate when the stress of COVID-19 is at least somewhat lightened.

For the UK, I imagine it would still go ahead for Aug-Oct, but it’s so hard to say because things seem to change like the flip of a switch with the current circumstances.