St. Clair as honor Middle name

I’ve never really heard or thought of St. Anything being in a name but it is my husband’s grandmother’s maiden name. The more I say it the more I love the idea and the sound. I can only see myself using it for a girl. [name_m]Can[/name_m] you see St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u] as a middle name maybe with [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] or [name_u]June[/name_u]? I don’t want it to sound too chunky or too heavy with “St.”

1 Like

I think it sounds lovely! So much more unexpected than just [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as a middle name!

Super beautiful! St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u] looks and sounds so light and lovely, not clunky at all. What a great family name to have :yellow_heart:

I’m usually not a huge fan of people using ‘St. ___’ in names, but I think St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u] is so pretty! I love the meaning behind it too.
Personally I love [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u]. I love the alliteration, and think it’s so spunky. [name_u]June[/name_u] St [name_u]Clair[/name_u] sounds very sweet too, though!
Definitely don’t think it’s clunky or heavy, I agree that it’s very light and lovely.

I love [name_u]June[/name_u]! I’m not sure about St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u], but it does flow well with [name_u]June[/name_u]. Is there a reason you aren’t considering using your husband’s grandmother’s first or middle name? I like the suggestion of [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u], too!

I love the idea of St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u] as a middle! [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u] runs so nicely, it’s somehow snappy and elegant all at once.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the idea of St [name_u]Clair[/name_u] as a middle name and I especially love it with [name_u]June[/name_u]! [name_u]June[/name_u] St [name_u]Clair[/name_u] would make a really beautiful name.

St.[name_u]Clair[/name_u] would make a wonderful middle -unexpected yet familiar. If you’re worried, [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u] might be another way to honour

1 Like

What a beautiful idea! I like @Greyblue’s suggestion

St [name_u]Clair[/name_u] is totally usable as a middle name! It’s not uncommon for families to use maiden names as middles, and with [name_f]Claire[/name_f]/[name_u]Clare[/name_u] being such a well-known name there is already a sense of familiarity.

Out of [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] I’d personally go with [name_u]June[/name_u], otherwise you’ll end up with two ‘S’ names back-to-back (though if that’s not an issue for you, [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] is a lovely name too!). Other possible combinations could be:

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] St [name_u]Clair[/name_u]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] St [name_u]Clair[/name_u]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f] St [name_u]Clair[/name_u]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f] St [name_u]Clair[/name_u]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] St [name_u]Clair[/name_u]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] St [name_u]Clair[/name_u]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f] St [name_u]Clair[/name_u]

St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u] would be a really interesting middle name! [name_u]June[/name_u] St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u] sounds beautiful!

[name_u]June[/name_u] St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u] is just exquisite!

I quite like St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u] and it sounds splendid. [name_u]June[/name_u] St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u] sounds like the name of a lovely young lady.

Oh this is interesting! I think it’s a really cool mn, especially if it is an honor name. I really like the sound of [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] St. [name_u]Clair[/name_u].