Stainton?

[name]Hi[/name] all!

Please help me out! Haha. Thank you in advance!

MN can be very unique. The long A sound is throwing me off a bit, but the more I say it the better it sounds. Very distinct and if it’s a tradition in his family I would definately use it. Did you ask him how it’s pronounced?

Not yet just because I kind of forgot about it until recently and hes been away for a few days. He’s coming home tomorrow so I’ll ask him then.
But thank you for your reply. Yes, if it is a long A its throwing me off too. But its not bad. It could be much worse. Haha. Any first name ideas?

I’m not sure how classic you want to be Or how they will flow with your surname but here are some ideas;

Jager Stainton
[name]Alexander[/name] Stainton
[name]Zachary[/name] Stainton
[name]Garett[/name] Stainton- NN Rett
[name]Eliah[/name]/[name]Elijah[/name] Stainton
Cordel Stainton
[name]Lucas[/name] Stainton

I hope this helps get some ideas flowing Good [name]Luck[/name] :slight_smile:

His name actually is [name]Alexander[/name]. Haha.
The kind of names we like are names that have a familiar look or sound but are no where near popular. Of course there are some popular ones we do adore and some really uncommon ones we love but generally they would be in the “pretty uncommon” category. Any suggestions are good since we are just starting. Probably want to stay away from any [name]Alex[/name] names. Haha. I’m not really feeling any of your suggestions but I do like [name]Elijah[/name] and will put it on “the list” aka the few names that we have talked about and both like.

I hate to rain on your husband’s family name tradition, but IF it is Stainton and not [name]Stanton[/name], then I would probably not use it. Stainton makes me think of a really big stain. Middles aren’t often used in day to day life, so its not a huge deal, but definitely one of the less appealing monikers I have heard. However, I am big on family names and really like the idea of honoring the generations by carrying a name! If you don’t mind it, there’s no reason not to go ahead with it. But if your husband isn’t demanding that name, there may be another you could find in the family tree.

I’d use a strong fn that isn’t too surname-y to avoid the whole name being too heavy. Here’s a list just for ideas! * on my personal favs
So, here goes, although your last name and your style will quickly edit out a bunch!

Amel Stainton
[name]Albert[/name] Stainton
[name]Barnaby[/name] Stainton
[name]Bellamy[/name] Stainton
[name]Cael[/name] Stainton
[name]Christopher[/name] Stainton
[name]Daniel[/name] Stainton
[name]David[/name] Stainton
[name]Eric[/name] Stainton
[name]Ethan[/name]/[name]Ewan[/name] Stainton
[name]Everett[/name]/[name]Emmett[/name] Stainton*
[name]Frank[/name] Stainton
[name]Fifer[/name] Stainton*
[name]Gregory[/name] Stainton
[name]Garett[/name] Stainton
[name]Howard[/name] Stainton*
[name]Henry[/name] Stainton*
[name]Isaac[/name] Stainton
[name]Josiah[/name]/[name]Jonah[/name] Stainton
[name]Jack[/name] Stainton
[name]Jerome[/name] Stainton
[name]Kelley[/name] Stainton
[name]Leo[/name] Stainton
[name]Luke[/name] Stainton
[name]Maury[/name] Stainton
[name]Micha[/name] Stainton
[name]Noah[/name] Stainton
[name]Otto[/name] Stainton
[name]Paul[/name] Stainton
[name]Philip[/name] Stainton
[name]Quinn[/name] Stainton
[name]Robert[/name] Stainton
[name]Rodney[/name] Stainton
[name]Trevor[/name] Stainton
[name]Trent[/name] Stainton
[name]Walter[/name] Stainton*
[name]William[/name] Stainton
[name]Xavier[/name] Stainton
[name]Zachary[/name] Stainton

Best wishes!

I do see what you are saying about the stain thing though at this point in time it’s not bothering me very much and I need to talk to him but I do think he wants to stick to tradition. Last name is one syllable and starts with L by the way.

Out of your suggestions I like:

[name]Cael[/name] Stainton
[name]Christopher[/name] Stainton
[name]Eric[/name] Stainton
[name]Gregory[/name] Stainton
[name]Henry[/name] Stainton*
[name]Jack[/name] Stainton
[name]Kelley[/name] Stainton
[name]Leo[/name] Stainton
[name]Noah[/name] Stainton
[name]Philip[/name] Stainton
[name]Walter[/name] Stainton*
[name]William[/name] Stainton
[name]Xavier[/name] Stainton

Great list! Thank you so much for starting me off! Though because of our last name I think we will be leaning towards name with more than one syllable unfortunately taking both [name]Cael[/name] and [name]Jack[/name](which I [name]LOVE[/name]) off the table. also because of our last name we probably won’t go with anyway L names taking [name]Leo[/name] off the table. This is so unfortunate. I love L names. Haha.