Starting over and freaking out...

Many of you have probably read in my post titled “what do you hear?” that we had decided to name our son [name]Alec[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Wood[/name]. It has been pointed out (and it’s all I hear now) that [name]Alec[/name] [name]Wood[/name] has the teasing potential of “I lick [name]Wood[/name]”. So, I’m feeling like that name is just gonna trouble me (and probably the kid now).

We need suggestions that fit with these siblings names: [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Maura[/name]
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Mia[/name] [name]Sloane[/name]
and
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Magnus[/name]
Either the first or middle name must be [name]Ronan[/name] (that is non-negotiable as it is in honor of my Uncle who just passed away).

It most important to me that the name “fits” with [name]Leo[/name] [name]Magnus[/name] as opposed to the girl’s names.

My husband really like the name [name]Asher[/name] (not in the running anymore; sounds like “I sure would” especially in the South where we live) and wants the name to be strong and masculine.

I love [name]Malcolm[/name], [name]Ezra[/name], [name]Bram[/name], [name]Callum[/name]/[name]Calum[/name],[name]Yeats[/name], [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Indio[/name] and [name]Angus[/name] but he or our kids have vetoed most of these. I’m just mentioning these so that you know what type of names I like (slightly left of center but not crazy).

It took [name]FOREVER[/name] for us to agree on [name]Alec[/name] so I’m kinda anxious to find a suitable alternative as I have a c-section scheduled in 2 weeks (yikes!)

Be mindful that the last name will be [name]Wood[/name] (it’s a tricky last name to work with)

I appreciate your help with this. I know that the 'Berrys are up to the challenge…right?

Many thanks!
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Ashton[/name] is similar to [name]Asher[/name] without the “I sure would” problem. I love your children’s names by the way!

I don’t have time to list names now (I listed a few on your earlier thread), but if you like [name]Asher[/name], how about [name]Archer[/name]? [name]Archer[/name] [name]Wood[/name] doesn’t sound like anything to me… but I don’t have an accent at all lol.

Aw, [name]Tara[/name], that’s a bummer! I don’t personally think it is a huge deal, but I want you to be happy. What about using [name]Ronan[/name] as his first name? Would you want to do that? I think [name]Ronan[/name] is great with [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name] - it takes away from that Italianate vibe that you’ve (unintentionally) got going on, and the names really compliment one another. The girls have feminine yet accessible names whereas the boys have strong, spunky names. [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Wood[/name]? Actually, I really love [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Matthias[/name] [name]Wood[/name]! Or, you could try one of these:

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Wood[/name] - [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] for brothers? Cool!
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Findlay[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Wood[/name] - [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]?
[name]Roscoe[/name] [name]Roman[/name] [name]Wood[/name]
[name]Nicolas[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Wood[/name] - I’d call him [name]Nico[/name], even if it sort of rhymes with [name]Leo[/name]…

I know it’s a short list, but let me know if you all like any of these.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I do like [name]Archer[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Nicholas[/name](my bro’s name!). However, I don’t think my hubs is going to go for those. He has mentioned [name]Thor[/name] and [name]Wulf[/name]…and I’m not sure he’s joking. I wouldn’t name my kid those names in reality but that’s what I’m up against. He did say that he feels [name]Ronan[/name] is “strong enough” to use as a first name but he dosn’t think I have the guts to use it in real life. I think it’s funny that he loves [name]Asher[/name] so much when it doesn’t sound particularly masculine to my ear. Not feminine, really, but on the soft side for sure.

Right now we’re leaning toward calling him [name]Ronan[/name] ([name]Lemon[/name], you gave me a confidence boost). I love the name and now it has extra special meaning b/c of my uncle. However, it’s pretty unheard of around here so I am slightly concerned about the reaction from those unfamiliar with it. [name]Even[/name] when we just had it in the middle name slot people were all “where’d you come up with THAT?”

Anyhoo-
I’m still searching for names to go with [name]Ronan[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] [name]Magnus[/name]. Or a chorus of encouragement for [name]Ronan[/name] being the name he “goes by”.

Thanks, all!

[name]Tara[/name]

PS- hubs just said that he likes [name]Ace[/name]. Not sure how I feel about that…maybe [name]Asa[/name]? WDYT?

Oh he likes [name]Ace[/name] and you like [name]Angus[/name]? [name]Tah[/name]-dah! [name]Angus[/name] nn [name]Ace[/name]! I love [name]Angus[/name] and [name]Ace[/name] and using them together like that is my favorite! To me it doesn’t seem like a stretch, but maybe it is…

Would you consider [name]Wolfgang[/name] for the [name]Wolf[/name] nn? It’s probably a difficult name, though…

The only other thing I can think of right now is [name]Nash[/name]. I think [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Nash[/name] are really cool together and [name]Nash[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Wood[/name] sounds nice to me! I think of it as a strong name.

While I love the name [name]Angus[/name] I would never have the guts to name my kid that. Also, my Aunt just reminded me that my cousin and his wife call their son named [name]Aiden[/name] “[name]Ace[/name]” as a nickname (cousin is a pilot) and that it might “bother them” if we named a kid [name]Ace[/name]. Guess that one is out too.

You’re doing great, freckles! Keep 'em coming!

I’m going to think about [name]Nash[/name] and run it by the hubby. I like it! I think it’s handsome!

Thanks!
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! I love the name [name]Ronan[/name]! Here are the first boy’s names to come to mind:

[name]Levi[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] (is [name]Levi[/name] too close to [name]Leo[/name]?)
[name]Eli[/name] [name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Grant[/name] [name]Ronan[/name]

I also really like the idea of naming him [name]Ronan[/name] with a different middle name!

Of the suggestions so far, I love [name]Archer[/name]! I think it sounds really masculine (I mean, it was a man who shot arrows at the enemy during war, for heaven’s sake!) I think [name]Archer[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Wood[/name] is a winner!
I also like the idea of using [name]Ronan[/name] as the first name. I really like it and think it works well with [name]Leo[/name]. What about [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Alec[/name] [name]Wood[/name]?
Good luck!

[name]Ronan[/name] as a first name is great!

I am strongly leaning toward [name]Ronan[/name] as the first name now. I feel confidant that the hubs will go for it as well. I just feel so bad b/c our girls are all sad and disappointed that his name won’t be [name]Alec[/name]. It’s what they’ve been calling him for two or so months now. They were all chanting “[name]Alec[/name], [name]Alec[/name]” before school this morning. They just don’t get the teasing issue. I know it’s ultimately our decision I just feel guilty. [name]Do[/name] you think they’ll come around after he’s born? [name]Hope[/name] so.

I’m thinking of trying to come up with a list of five middle names for [name]Ronan[/name] and letting them pick from that…is that stupid? I just want to try to include them since I’ve disappointed them so.

I am loving [name]Archer[/name]. I think [name]Archer[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] is badass. Has anyone had any experience using the middle name as the name the kid “goes by” does it complicate anything?

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Just[/name] saw on another name site that [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Bell[/name] from [name]Army[/name] Wives just had a little [name]Ronan[/name]. Lots of positive comments!

[name]Ronan[/name] & [name]Archer[/name] are great names however, I prefer [name]Archer[/name].

I think [name]Archer[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] is, as you said [name]Tara[/name], pretty badass sounding. But [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Archer[/name] [name]Wood[/name] sounds a bit better to me…

Now on the idea of picking 5 names to let your other children choose from, i dont think tis dumb, i think its actually very thoughtful of you to want to include your children in the naming process. [name]Just[/name] make sure that out of th elist you give them, you are fully commited to the idea of actually using every single possible name. But i think its a great idea:)

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Thanks, devinjes!

I’m glad you said that you prefer [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Archer[/name] [name]Wood[/name] b/c I’d rather [name]Ronan[/name] be the first name.
Does it bother you that his initials will be RAW?

I will definitely take your advice to heart about being sure to really like all of the potential middle names that they will be able to choose from!

I appreciate your feedback :slight_smile:

[name]Tara[/name]

Thanks, phoebesmom!
I have been wondering how other feel about this name…mostly positive, though?

Best-
[name]Tara[/name]

Im sorry to hear about the name [name]Alec[/name], it really did seem like the perfect name.

I love [name]Ronan[/name] though and think it would make a great fn. I personally wouldnt do the mn as a given name thing. I think it is confusing and unnecessary. If your going to call him [name]Ronan[/name] then I would make the fn [name]Ronan[/name]. I think [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Archer[/name] sounds good too.

Others you might like:
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Collin[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]

I love the name [name]Ronan[/name] as a first name! And it goes great with your other children’s. :smiley:

Thanks for the positive feedback, kyemsma!

I’m feeling more confidant by the hour :slight_smile:

[name]Tara[/name]