Starting over - NEED HELP!!!

Hello Berries,

I posted a while back about finding a name for my baby girl that is due in [name]March[/name]. Unfortnately the names I like ([name]Camilla[/name], [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Bria[/name], [name]Bianca[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name]), my husband just can’t get behind. So, we are starting over.

Sibling Name: [name]Greyson[/name] [name]Pierce[/name] Winningham
Middle Name: [name]Will[/name] probably be a family name (i.e. [name]Marie[/name], [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Mae[/name], [name]Norah[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Lola[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name], Syvada, [name]Vincenza[/name], [name]Filomena[/name]) but I”m still open to suggestions
Criteria: Somewhat unique (not too traditional), more formal than not, no unisex names
Other Info: His family is English/[name]German[/name], my family is Italian

Thank you so much for your help - this has been so stressful! My son’s name was easy, but for some reason finding a name for my daughter has been very difficult.

~[name]Jenn[/name]

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Lina[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you like any of those?

What about [name]Leni[/name]? It can be a nickname for lots of things. I remember reading somewhere that it is [name]German[/name].
I love the name [name]Gianna[/name] short for [name]Giovanna[/name]. Since your son’s name is [name]Greyson[/name] with a G what about naming your daughter a G name too? Also [name]Giovanna[/name] is Italian! As far as I know it is not super popular.

Has he given any input other than vetoing your choices? It may be useful for him to come up with a list of 20 or so names so you can have a better idea of his style. Then, it may be easier to find common ground.

Below are some names that I think fit with the names you’ve mentioned:
[name]Brenna[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Annaliese[/name]
Hannalore
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] (perhaps nicknamed [name]Greta[/name])
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Carlotta[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Marietta[/name]
[name]Silvia[/name]/[name]Sylvia[/name]

My husband has given me a few names that he likes…

[name]Daphne[/name] - I just don’t like this name. I can’t shake the image of a blonde bimbo - only because the only [name]Daphne[/name] I knew was just that.
[name]Kathryn[/name]- too old school traditional for me
[name]Estella[/name] - this is okay - it’s lends itself to a lot of good nn
[name]Gretchen[/name] - this is my husband’s favorite girl name - I was on board with it for our first if he would have been a girl - but something about this name doesn’t seem to fit this time around. I don’t really want two ‘G’ names - especially since we plan to have more kids.
[name]Juliana[/name] - this is okay - it has special meaning to us, but it’s a little frilly for me.
[name]Kiersten[/name] - I just don’t like saying this name.

Thanks!
~[name]Jenn[/name]

There are some really great names on both of your lists! I think he likes slightly more flowery names than you do. I’m sure you can find a name you both will love!

From his list:
[name]Estella[/name] is very pretty. [name]Stella[/name] might be a more streamlined version that might work.

A simpler variant of [name]Juliana[/name] might be more appealing to you. [name]Julia[/name], [name]Julie[/name], and [name]Jules[/name] might be good options.

[name]Kathryn[/name] is a very versatile name. [name]Kathleen[/name] would be a more uncommon variant. [name]Katrina[/name] is another variant that might appeal to you. If you don’t care for the nn [name]Kate[/name], [name]Kitty[/name] would be a cute option. And although it may seem dated, [name]Kathy[/name] would be a unique choice for a child born today.

From your list:
If he doesn’t like [name]Bria[/name], then [name]Brianna[/name] might be a good compromise. It’s very similar to [name]Bria[/name], but more flowery. And, you could still use [name]Bria[/name] as a nickname.

Based on his list, I’m surprised he doesn’t care for [name]Evangeline[/name]. Perhaps he doesn’t care for the -line ending? [name]Eva[/name], [name]Evie[/name], or [name]Evelyn[/name] might be good names to consider.

Of the 5 names on your list, 3 start with the letter B. Are there any B names he might like? Good options might be [name]Babette[/name], [name]Belle[/name], [name]Beryl[/name], [name]Brielle[/name], [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Bellamy[/name], [name]Briony[/name], [name]Bronwen[/name], [name]Bronte[/name], [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Brooklyn[/name], [name]Brynn[/name].

Good luck!!!

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Sela[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Maren[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] Syvada
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Mercy[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]

You and I seem to have some similarities in our taste. We are naming our daughter [name]Blythe[/name]. I’ve always loved the name [name]Pierce[/name] and like some of the other names on your short list. Anyway, here are a few suggestions:

[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Adia[/name]

I know this is a repeat but may fit–[name]Maren[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!