Starting over with naming the girls

Yesterday, we told some friends and family “our” name choices for our twin girls. ([name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Mirabelle[/name] for those that haven’t been following). The names didn’t get the best reception. I was prepared for that. I know people come around and the names are not really mainstream so they just need time to settle with people. However, my DH has decided he doesn’t like either name now. (people’s reaction + he says he never really loved them)
He wants to start over. He wasn’t really involved in either of our older girls name decision or early on in this pregnancy. He’s never really shown that much of an interest (positive or negative) on any names I picked. So, I am taking him seriously and trying to be reasonable. I’m ticked that he waited so long to tell me he’s not comfortable with the names. I really grew attached to them, but honestly, I did have other names I loved/called our older two pre-birth and we all survived that. I can give up these names if it means we’ll both love the new picks-- and I have faith there is another perfect pair out there for us.

Here’s the list of names we can agree on at this point. Thoughts? please help me put some combos together so I can run them by him. It’s kinda long, but I wanted to give you the whole thing cause I’m really lost right now!

[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Francine[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Mildred[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name]
[name]Eugenia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Vanessa[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Irena[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] (I prefer [name]Francine[/name], but I’m throwing it on there anyway- I’m a little worn out and willing to take whatever right now.)
[name]Audrey[/name]
Contessa
[name]Veronica[/name]

Ahh, I loved the names you had picked out! But I think it’s great that you guys have names you both love too…ultimately I think that’s best.

My favorites from your list (though I don’t dislike any of them):
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]*
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]*
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]*
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]*
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]*
[name]Veronica[/name]*

I think all of these go really nicely with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] (I loveeee your kids’ names, if I haven’t said that enough lol). My favorite is probably [name]Fiona[/name], which I think sounds great with most of the other names as twins. My gut instinct is [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name], actually!

Were you thinking about using some of these names as middle names? Or are there other middle names you’re considering? I’m not great at first name/middle name combos, but I really want to help! :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s too bad. :frowning: [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name] would have been great with your other daughter’s names. My favorites from your list are [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name], and [name]Genevieve[/name], and the only ones I dislike are [name]Mildred[/name], [name]Natasha[/name], [name]Vanessa[/name] and Contessa. Here are pairs I think go well together:

[name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Eugenia[/name]
[name]Irena[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name]

Combos:

[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Mildred[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Francine[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Eugenia[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Esther[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Francine[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Mildred[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]

All the names on your list are great but my favourites are probably:

[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Mildred[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]

some pairs:
[name]Tabitha[/name] and [name]Mildred[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Mildred[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name]

My favourites
[name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Mildred[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m not going to respond in depth here because I’ve already done it elsewhere, but these are the ones I’d keep on the list to go with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]:

[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]

My only issue is that you’ve got a lot of names ending in -a here. But, I’d also have you consider [name]Celia[/name] and [name]Estella[/name] as possible names for the girls, and [name]Emmeline[/name]. I love [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] together, but I could see them best with sisters called [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name], not necessarily [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]. I think you need two higher energy names with a bit of a romantic, elegant flair to them. [name]Genevieve[/name] definitely fits that for me, and I’d say [name]Vivien[/name] does as well ([name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Vivian[/name], whatever). Maybe [name]Natasha[/name], too, and possibly [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name]. These are pairs I’d put together:

[name]Estella[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]

[name]Natasha[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name]

Yeah, those are my favorites. I’d say [name]Estella[/name] and [name]Gwendolen[/name], but [name]Estella[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] comes pretty darn close to perfect in my book. I can’t even remember if we’ve discussed [name]Estella[/name], but I love it for you all. [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Estella[/name], and [name]Genevieve[/name]. [name]Carly[/name], [name]Penny[/name], [name]Ella[/name], and [name]Gen[/name]. Can’t say for sure what my second favorite set is right now, but [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name] is unexpected and pretty…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I know-- sad! I feel overall ok about changing the names, but maybe I haven’t really faced it yet and I’m holding out hope?

[name]Fiona[/name] & [name]Cecilia[/name] is a great combo [name]Jay[/name]. Thanks! I definitely see that going to the top of the list. Sometimes I find [name]Cecilia[/name] a bit difficult to say. I don’t [name]LOVE[/name] the nn Cece, but [name]Lia[/name] works and cece is cute for once in a while or a pet name at home.

For middle names, we’re going to stick with our flowers/nature theme. I’m not really worried about them just yet, but if you think of anything, let me know!

thanks irisrose! You’ve been following this naming thing for a while and I’m so glad to have your opinions.
While [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Tabitha[/name] is a little “too witchy” I did like that you gave me some combos to think about. I kinda like [name]Tabitha[/name]. It does feel a bit different than [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name], but I can see the name being fun and sassy too like my older girls names. [name]Cordelia[/name] is a name I’ve been stuck on lately. I don’t really know why. I’m also surprised that DH goes for this. He really likes it though. [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Eugenia[/name] is unique too! (again, DH goes for [name]Eugenia[/name], but not other names? he is inconsistent)

Thanks! [name]Delilah[/name] is a name I’ve never really looked at before. So, I’m a bit hesitant to say I love it just yet. It’s growing on me though. [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] is a cute combo. I don’t love any nicknames for [name]Dorothy[/name] though! Besides [name]Dot[/name]/[name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Dora[/name], am I missing any obvious ones?

I’ll get back to you in full later.

• [name]Estella[/name] – looovee it and I think DH would go for it. I still need to have that “talk” with my friend w/ the 4 yr old daughter named [name]Estella[/name]. I try to think how I’d react if he told me he was naming his daughter [name]Penelope[/name]. I think I’d be fine w/ it. I know I’ve mentioned to you before, but we’re moving in 2 years and probably won’t see his family more than once every couple years at that point. So, I’d be ok with it for that reason, but also because he and I met each other under a special circumstance and it would almost be “cool” to both have a daughter named [name]Stella[/name] – especially given the meaning “star”
  • [name]Genevieve[/name] is probably going to be a hard sell, but since it’s more visible on the popularity charts, I can probably convince him to use it. [name]Gwendolen[/name] is just cooler. I feel like [name]Genevieve[/name] settling at this point. I can get over that I guess.
  • [name]Fiona[/name] & [name]Vivian[/name] is ok. I initially freak because of the lack of nicknames, but hey, not every name has a nickname.
  • [name]Emmeline[/name] is out for good.
  • [name]Fiona[/name] & [name]Cecilia[/name] is cute. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Celia[/name] works as a “nickname” (it’s not that much shorter I realize) for [name]Cecilia[/name]?

[quote=“crunchymama”]

I’ll get back to you in full later.

• [name]Estella[/name] – looovee it and I think DH would go for it. I still need to have that “talk” with my friend w/ the 4 yr old daughter named [name]Estella[/name]. I try to think how I’d react if he told me he was naming his daughter [name]Penelope[/name]. I think I’d be fine w/ it. I know I’ve mentioned to you before, but we’re moving in 2 years and probably won’t see his family more than once every couple years at that point. So, I’d be ok with it for that reason, but also because he and I met each other under a special circumstance and it would almost be “cool” to both have a daughter named [name]Stella[/name] – especially given the meaning “star”
  • [name]Genevieve[/name] is probably going to be a hard sell, but since it’s more visible on the popularity charts, I can probably convince him to use it. [name]Gwendolen[/name] is just cooler. I feel like [name]Genevieve[/name] settling at this point. I can get over that I guess.
  • [name]Fiona[/name] & [name]Vivian[/name] is ok. I initially freak because of the lack of nicknames, but hey, not every name has a nickname.
  • [name]Emmeline[/name] is out for good.
  • [name]Fiona[/name] & [name]Cecilia[/name] is cute. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Celia[/name] works as a “nickname” (it’s not that much shorter I realize) for [name]Cecilia[/name]?[/quote]

Good morning!

Okay, I remember the [name]Estella[/name] issue now. Honestly, I don’t think it’s really an issue, but I’d just have a casual talk with your friend about it. You will be moving, as you said, and having two children with the same name isn’t terrible, really. I told you about my “god-sister” and I both being [name]Lauren[/name] - it works. I’m glad you love that one, though!

You think [name]Noah[/name]'s going to find [name]Genevieve[/name] weird? [name]Ah[/name], I don’t know what to do with this man! [name]Penelope[/name] is more unusual, by my standards, than [name]Genevieve[/name]. It’s climbing up the popularity charts, maybe not quite as much as [name]Scarlett[/name], but its out there and people know about it, for sure. Have you all read the [name]Madeline[/name] books? Her dog is named [name]Genevieve[/name]! [name]Gwendolen[/name]'s a little more whimsical, but [name]Genevieve[/name] is stunning, I think. I don’t want you to settle, but let’s see how you feel.

I sort of feel like [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name] is just okay, too. I like the sound of it, but at the same time they feel a little contrived, almost. And, the lack of nicknames isn’t ideal, as you mention.

[name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name] is cute, yes. Again, they feel like a slightly odd match the me, but it works. And, yes, [name]Celia[/name] could be a nickname for [name]Cecilia[/name], though it’s rather long, as far as nicknames go…

Talk later, for sure!

PS I’d pair [name]Fiona[/name] with something like [name]Rosaline[/name], [name]Rosaleen[/name], or [name]Rosalind[/name], I think. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Carly[/name]'s middle name is [name]Rose[/name], it’s fine to re-use the name in full, I think. I could see [name]Cecilia[/name] with any of those, too, and [name]Genevieve[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! Sorry about your dilemma! I think you have a great list of names, so here are my suggestions:

[name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] and [name]Natasha[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name] and [name]Vanessa[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Irena[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Veronica[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile: (Sorry for any repeats.)

[name]Eleanor[/name] & [name]Amelia[/name] get my vote.

I love [name]Cordelia[/name] from your list. I have a [name]Scarlett[/name] too and I think [name]Cordelia[/name] goes really well as a sibset. I also like [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Anabel[/name], and [name]Francine[/name].

My vote would be:

[name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], and

• [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Francine[/name]
  • [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Anabel[/name]
  • [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Francine[/name]
  • [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Francine[/name]
  • [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Anabel[/name]

Some names from my list that you might like:

[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

I’m sorry you have to start over with your girls, but I’m glad we get to help find two more names to go with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]!

I like most of the names on your list, and those that others have suggested. Some thoughts:
[name]Mildred[/name] seems like the ugly duckling in this set - she very well may be underused but I would feel really bad if I were [name]Mildred[/name] and my sisters were [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]. I do think [name]Milly[/name] is cute, but I would probably do [name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Milly[/name] if it’s the nn you like.
[name]Delilah[/name] - I think this was a suggestion and not originally on your list. I would hesitate because something about [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] in combination brings out the temptress/seductress vibe I think they both have, but it’s not as noticeable individually. Together, to me, it’s blatant. (This may just be me).
[name]Genevieve[/name] - I agree with you that it seems like a step down from [name]Gwendolen[/name] (I’m a little biased though). My real hesitation on this one is the [name]Penny[/name] and [name]Gen/name rhyme. Would you go with [name]Gen[/name] or with something like [name]Evie[/name]?

[name]Cordelia[/name] - love this and [name]Cora[/name] would be a great nn with [name]Carly[/name] and [name]Penny[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] - I love, love, love [name]Felicity[/name] but there aren’t really any good nn’s, imo
[name]Estella[/name] - if you work it out with your friend, I think this is a great option!
I like [name]Tabitha[/name] a lot, too, and [name]Tibby[/name] is beyond cute!
[name]Matilda[/name] is a great fit too, nn [name]Milly[/name], [name]Tilly[/name], [name]Tilda[/name]

My votes so far:
[name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Estella[/name] ([name]Stella[/name]) and [name]Tabitha[/name] ([name]Tibby[/name])
[name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] ([name]Cora[/name]) and [name]Matilda[/name] ([name]Milly[/name])

Good luck!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Stella[/name] (or [name]Estella[/name], but like [name]Stella[/name] better) I like [name]Cordelia[/name] too. I love [name]Amelia[/name] or [name]Fiona[/name] with [name]Stella[/name] and the other girls.

LOL at gwensmom regarding [name]Mildred[/name], I completely agree!

Crunchy, I love almost all of these names and I think almost all of them would work with your girls, so I’m going to be super extra picky, ok?

[name]Felicity[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Eleanor[/name]- I think it’s a little boring next to your other names
[name]Fiona[/name]- One of my favorite names and I think it would be amazing with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]. I would use [name]Fia[/name] as the nickname
[name]Tabitha[/name]- I love it and find it pretty much perfect for you!
[name]Cordelia[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it, but I don’t know about [name]Carly[/name] and [name]Cora[/name](and she’d probably get called [name]Cordy[/name] or [name]Cory[/name]). I think that’s too close and I’d use it as an opportunity to shorten the list.
[name]Francine[/name]- [name]Kinda[/name] old ladyish next to her sisters. However, i know a little one named this nn [name]Francie[/name] and it’s utterly charming.
[name]Eleanora[/name]- Definitely prefer it to [name]Eleanor[/name] for you, but I still feel like you could do something a little more interesting
[name]Vivienne[/name]- Goes great with your other girls, but not a personal fave.
[name]Mildred[/name]- What gwensmom said
[name]Natasha[/name]- I don’t like [name]Natasha[/name] and I can picture her having sisters named [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Eugenia[/name] - nn [name]Genie[/name]? kinda close to [name]Penny[/name]. If your peeps didn’t like [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name], I’m sure they won’t like this.
[name]Annabel[/name]- One of my faves. Sweet and simple. Fits in while standing out like your other girls.
[name]Delilah[/name]- I’m on the fence. Used to love it but maybe too many negative connotations?
[name]Dorothy[/name]- So cute, but you don’t love it. [name]Do[/name] you prefer [name]Dorothea[/name]? I don’t like the nn [name]Dotty[/name] either, but you could use [name]Doe[/name] or [name]Dolly[/name].
[name]Vanessa[/name]- pretty name, but seems so dated. I went to school with about 10 of them!
[name]Matilda[/name]- So cute, but nn [name]Mattie[/name]? I don’t think this stands out enough for you!
[name]Amelia[/name]- I love it, pretty trendy though
[name]Esther[/name]- see [name]Mildred[/name]
[name]Irena[/name]- [name]Just[/name] doesn’t seem like your style
[name]Cecilia[/name]- would it both you that it starts with the same sound as [name]Scarlett[/name]? Also, if you don’t like Cece I don’t think you should use it.
[name]Genevieve[/name]- love it, but then you’d have [name]Penny[/name] and [name]Genny[/name].
[name]Francesca[/name] - I love [name]Francesca[/name] but if you don’t love it you shouldn’t use it.
[name]Audrey[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it, but you love nicknames!
Contessa- I don’t really like Contessa, but nn [name]Tessa[/name] would be great with your other girls.
[name]Veronica[/name]- see [name]Vanessa[/name]

Hey, again!

I did just want to respond to [name]Gwen[/name]'s Mom’s post about [name]Gen[/name] being similar to [name]Penny[/name]. I think they sound completely different, despite the rhyming vowel sounds, so I think you’re totally safe - you aren’t using [name]Genny[/name], right? After all, you were going to use [name]Gwen[/name]!

Alright, I haven’t heard back from you - take your time! - but even though I still think [name]Estella[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] are pretty close to perfect, I wanted to see if there was anything else that might catch your eye that would be in the same vein as [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]. Here are a few I found, and some we’ve probably talked about before (sorry!)…

[name]Cassandra[/name] - I always forget why you don’t like [name]Cassandra[/name]. Sorry!
[name]Christabel[/name]
[name]Christiana[/name]
[name]Elaina[/name]
[name]Esmeralda[/name] - Take that, [name]Noah[/name]! I’m kind of kidding with this one…
[name]Helena[/name] - This was on the list before, right?
[name]Katharine[/name] - Simple, classic, beautiful. Use a spunky nickname like [name]Kat[/name], [name]Kit[/name], or [name]Kitty[/name].
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Magdalen[/name] - [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Magdalen[/name]. Different, but I could see it!
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]

([name]Helena[/name], [name]Katharine[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Magdalen[/name], and [name]Rosalind[/name] are my favorites.)

I’m making a special French category, too:

[name]Camille[/name] - [name]Camilla[/name] would be nice, too, for [name]Cam[/name], [name]Cami[/name], or the spunkier [name]Milla[/name] and the vintage [name]Milly[/name]!
[name]Corina[/name] - This has your favorite sound in it.
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] - You know, [name]Genevieve[/name] could get pretty fun if you called her [name]Gigi[/name]…
[name]Giselle[/name] - [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Giselle[/name]. Yeah, I love that, too.
[name]Vivien[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name] ([name]Vivian[/name])

([name]Corina[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Giselle[/name] are my favorites.)

There. Done suggesting names. I think… :-/

PS [name]Lyndsay[/name], [name]Fia[/name] is an amazing nickname for [name]Fiona[/name]! It’s sort of close to [name]Mira[/name], too. Good thinking!

Limon (I like to refer to you in Spanish in my head, hah), I love [name]Fia[/name] soo much! I have one tattoo (it’s a bluebird from [name]Snow[/name] White) and of course I wanted to name her! Well, the only thing that fits at all is [name]Fia[/name], so that’s her name. I wanted it to be a nickname, but somehow it didn’t seem right. So she’s just [name]Fia[/name]. No middle, no last name. Like [name]Madonna[/name] :smiley:

I forgot to say that my pick for the twins would be [name]Tabitha[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name]. I think they’re so spunky and fun while being really beautiful, just [name]Ike[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name]! I like that [name]Tabitha[/name] is a little more unusual and [name]Fiona[/name] is a little more common because I think they balance each other perfectly. I think [name]Tabby[/name] and [name]Fia[/name] are so charming together!

I totally sympathize–am going through the same thing right now. We keep coming up with names and our ‘final picks’ keep getting unenthusiastic responses from friends/fam. Kind of makes it hard to stick with them after that, even if you don’t want to let everyone influence you. I’m back at the drawing board myself and baby girl expected in just 4 weeks! I’m starting to see why some people don’t share their name choices until after the birth!

Your first two daughters have great names. From your current list, I like [name]Esther[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Tabitha[/name]. [name]Esther[/name] could get Esty, [name]Genevieve[/name] gives you [name]Ginny[/name] or [name]Vivi[/name] or [name]Evie[/name], and [name]Tabitha[/name] could have the ([name]IMO[/name] cute) nn [name]Tibby[/name]. Did you run this current list past your family already, or do you run the risk of picking a final set only to have them trod on again??

Good luck…

[name]Felicity[/name]- I love this name with [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name].
[name]Eleanor[/name]- I dont like the repeated [name]EL[/name] in [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name].
[name]Fiona[/name]- I [name]LOVE[/name] this one. It seems to underused to me but still so fabulous.
[name]Tabitha[/name]- I’ve never liked this name.
[name]Cordelia[/name]- I like this one too but it is not my favorite.
[name]Francine[/name]- Feels a little to old along side Scalett and [name]Penelope[/name]. I know both are classical old fashioned names but [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] feel more hipster to me than [name]Francine[/name].
[name]Eleanora[/name]- I actually like this one better with your girls but then again there is the repeating [name]EL[/name] sound.
[name]Vivienne[/name]- Goes great but the fact that [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name] used it kinda ruins it for me.
[name]Mildred[/name]- Too old ladyish for me. I would honestly not want my name to be [name]Mildred[/name].
[name]Natasha[/name]-Eh, I dont really like it with your girls names.
[name]Eugenia[/name] - This is the same as Midred for me.
[name]Annabel[/name]- I love this one with your girls.
[name]Delilah[/name]- I’m not religious so the connotations dont bother me but they could bother others.
[name]Dorothy[/name]- Again, a little to frumpy with [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name].
[name]Vanessa[/name]- [name]Kinda[/name] 80s to me.
[name]Matilda[/name]- I love this one too.
[name]Amelia[/name]- I love it, but getting popular.
[name]Esther[/name]- same as [name]Mildred[/name]
[name]Irena[/name]- I dont think this fits, but I do love it.
[name]Cecilia[/name]- eh, I dont this this fits either.
[name]Genevieve[/name]- I love this one with your girls. You would have to do the nn [name]Eve[/name]/[name]Evie[/name] though and avoid [name]Genny[/name].
[name]Francesca[/name] - [name]Love[/name], but I can never think of good nns.
[name]Audrey[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it, but very common
Contessa- I dont really like this one, but [name]Tessa[/name] is super cute. What about [name]Teresa[/name] “[name]Tessa[/name]”?
[name]Veronica[/name]- see [name]Vanessa[/name]

Pairs:
[name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name]