Starting over with naming the girls

Out of all those names, my favorites are [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]. I love the name [name]Matilda[/name] and the nickname [name]Mattie[/name] is very cute. I think that [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] go very well together and they also go quite nicely with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name].

I think that was [name]Bella[/name]'s idea actually, [name]Lyndsay[/name], but thanks for giving me credit! I, too, like [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Briar[/name], but I’m pretty sure [name]Theresa[/name]'s husband doesn’t like [name]Briar[/name] so much. Right, [name]Theresa[/name]?

I was thinking more classic flower names like [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Iris[/name], and [name]Violet[/name] obviously comes to mind. I’m not sure what other ones there are, but I always think of [name]Marigold[/name] as a classic flower name because [name]Winston[/name] [name]Churchill[/name] had a daughter called [name]Marigold[/name] ([name]Marigold[/name] [name]Frances[/name]) - she died as a toddler, which is sad, but she was well-named! [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] really appeal to me, personally. [name]Bryony[/name] would be another one, if [name]Theresa[/name]'s husband would agree to it. Actually, I’d use the [name]Briony[/name] spelling (for the [name]IO[/name]!) and [name]Violet[/name] - [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Briony[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I agree with [name]Lemon[/name]…I love [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] together, or possibly [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name]? :wink:

Oh, oops! Sorry [name]Bella[/name]!

What about [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]? Too matchy, right? I like that they both have Os and Is

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Grace[/name] & [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/[name]Cordelia[/name]

Squeal! Haha, this just made my night, even if you don’t pick it I love that it gave you such a zingy feeling!

[name]Lemon[/name]- I love [name]Evangeline[/name], as many know, it being the name I picked when I was nine, but I’m not sure I love it with [name]Fiona[/name], I would use it alongside [name]Carlie[/name] and [name]Penny[/name], so I think saving it for the next baby is brill! [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] is so grand! Did you have a dream baby girl and what did you name her?

[name]Theresa[/name]- [name]Eloise[/name] or [name]Cordelia[/name] I love them both, but I just kept thinking about [name]Eloise[/name] and finally decided to suggest it!

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

Squeal! Haha, this just made my night, even if you don’t pick it I love that it gave you such a zingy feeling!

[name]Lemon[/name]- I love [name]Evangeline[/name], as many know, it being the name I picked when I was nine, but I’m not sure I love it with [name]Fiona[/name], I would use it alongside [name]Carlie[/name] and [name]Penny[/name], so I think saving it for the next baby is brill! [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] is so grand! Did you have a dream baby girl and what did you name her?

[name]Theresa[/name]- [name]Eloise[/name] or [name]Cordelia[/name] I love them both, but I just kept thinking about [name]Eloise[/name] and finally decided to suggest it!

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

Thank you [name]Lyndsay[/name]! I am sending you internet smooches!

No problem, it does sound [name]Lemon[/name]-y, doesn’t it?
:wink:

Let’s see, I do think they are similar, but I love [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name] feeling too soft and southern (I love [name]Magnolia[/name]) for this spunky pair.

[name]Theresa[/name] and I talked about [name]Zinnia[/name] and [name]Azalea[/name] for the twins orgionaly, I wonder if they still flow?

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Zinnia[/name]- nope, back to the drawing board!

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Briony[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lilac[/name] ([name]Theresa[/name] and I discussed this one as well, though we agreed it was 2nd fav. I think it works here)
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name]

What do you think?

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

• I do kinda like [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name] too, but for whatever reason, I don’t love it. It feels strange w/ our last name-- the flow just isn’t there.

We’re picking [name]Eloise[/name]! I knew I’d know it when I saw it/heard it…and it just happened! I don’t know how [name]Eloise[/name] left the list really. I think it was that I didn’t like it with [name]Irena[/name] and at that point it was [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] and you could guess which I loved. I mull over names forever, but I’ve picked all our girls names basically instantly as soon as I came across them-- in this case, came across for the 3rd, 4th, or whatever time it was.
[name]Eloise[/name] is a great because it feels like [name]Eleanor[/name] to me and it has “[name]Louise[/name]” in it, which i’ve mentioned before I think…the twins were conceived in New Orleans.

I do think [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] is a little tricky to say, but I think it’s doable. you just have to make sure you take a nice long pause between the two names.
E&F, OI/[name]IO[/name], # of letter and syllables - everything just fits!

Babynamespedia gives these are the meanings
[name]Eloise[/name] - healthy, safe, whole or fame, loud, fighter, warrior
[name]Fiona[/name] - fair, blonde (both of our daughters are fair and blonde, so either the twins will get that look too, or will someone finally have brown hair w/ DH?)

So we’ve got Fair [name]Fiona[/name] and Loud [name]Eloise[/name]! That about fits how I picture them.

Middle names are going to be fun to pick! [name]Briar[/name] was something he shot down in the past, but maybe it was that he really wasn’t feeling the [name]Gwendolen[/name] part. Or we could use [name]Briony[/name] as you mentioned. I like the “[name]Bri[/name]” connection. I would also love to use [name]Marigold[/name] cause I think it’s an adorable adorable name and [name]MIL[/name]'s name is [name]Mary[/name]. I kinda started liking [name]Mira[/name] as a slight tribute to [name]Mary[/name] (who is one of my favorite people in the world). I also love [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] as far as flower names go.

I’m jumping around! Leaping into the air! SWAN DIVE! haha, I’m so crazy happy that NB will have little [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]!

[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Briar[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Briony[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Briar[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Briony[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

My very favorite is-

I really like that they both have a flower and a color in common! [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Gold[/name]!

I’m so happy I cannot tell you!

Blessings to all the fair, loud girls,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]! They are so perfect together.

[name]Theresa[/name],

Yay! I feel really, really good about these names for you all! So, [name]Noah[/name]'s on board, 100%? We’re not going to have this problem again in, say, a month’s time? Because, I don’t think [name]Bella[/name] and I can take it. Ha! No, seriously, I don’t think you can take it! Anyway, [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] are totally divine. I love them!

Personally, I think the more classic nature names like [name]Violet[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Marigold[/name], and [name]Clementine[/name] would work very well. But, I know you don’t like [name]Clementine[/name] at all! [name]Bryony[/name], too, would be good. I do like the repetitive vowels of [name]Briony[/name] (the literary spelling) and [name]Violet[/name] with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name], but I think I actually prefer [name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]! But, here are some vintage-inspired ideas:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Briony[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Briony[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] - Had to slip it in there! This is a very [name]Churchill[/name]-inspired combination!

Or, some of the more exotic choices:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Clover[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Calla[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Gardenia[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Calla[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Flora[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Jonquil[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Hyacinth[/name]

And, finally, I’ve chosen selections from the flowers of [name]Scotland[/name], particularly those growing in [name]December[/name]:

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Heather[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Pansy[/name] - Yeah, not keen on that combination!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS [name]Bella[/name], yes, my dream baby was a girl. They always are! And, she was nameless. But, seeing as my favorite name is [name]Lydia[/name], I do remember that one being thrown around before the dream “birth,” but she wasn’t ever officially named.

I like [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] too!

[name]Lauren[/name] and I and you and those poor twinsies can’t take it, so [name]Noah[/name] better be happy with the two latest additions names now! :slight_smile:

I’m not loving [name]Jonquil[/name], [name]Heather[/name] or [name]Pansy[/name] really.

[name]Lemon[/name]- [name]How[/name] funny that you and I both love a girls name that begins with the first letter of our first name!

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Lauren[/name]

Very sweet!

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

I was just telling [name]Theresa[/name] that my new favorites for her are [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Viola[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]. I think that’s a stunning set, myself…

[name]Bella[/name], that is odd! I love [name]Gwendolyn[/name] ([name]Gwendolen[/name]), though! What a winner. :slight_smile:

[name]Lauren[/name]

Ok this is probably cheesy, and it’s also not a flower. But I know a [name]Fiona[/name] whose last name sounds like [name]Winter[/name] and I think her name is so amazing. [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Winter[/name] would be so cute for a [name]December[/name] baby, I think. And maybe the [name]December[/name] flower for [name]Eloise[/name]? [name]December[/name] has [name]Narcissus[/name] (which is [name]Daffodil[/name]) and [name]Holly[/name]… [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Daffodil[/name] or [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Holly[/name]? I also kind of like [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Daffodil[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Holly[/name], they’d each have the flowers for their month. And I like the repeated Fs in [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Daffodil[/name] and the Ls in [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Holly[/name]. Anyway, just a thought! I’m not sure if you like that sort of cutesiness or not!

[name]Theresa[/name] I just had to say again how much I love [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] for your girls…I really like the imagery you came up with for them! Overall the names just really seem to fit and I’m so happy for you. Oh, and I saw that [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] was mentioned - I think that’s so precious! The name [name]Marigold[/name] is a guilty pleasure name of mine. :slight_smile:

Here’s another cheesy thought. If you went with [name]Marigold[/name] for one of the girls, what about something relating to silver for the other? [name]Silver[/name] and [name]Gold[/name], like the [name]Christmas[/name] song. Although, maybe [name]Silver[/name] would wish she was [name]Gold[/name]. My idea was maybe [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]. I’ve been trying to find cute names that mean silver and coming up short. Oh, I searched for silver plants and there are quite a few with silver leaves, only one that I can find with a possible name-name. What do you think of [name]Artemisia[/name]? [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Artemisia[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]? They’re silver and gold. They’re both flowers. They’re both unusual, they’re both long. I’m kind of in love with them, but I’m thinking [name]Artemisia[/name] might be too weird for you?

oh crunchymama :*(

i loved your choices; i am sorry to hear you’re re-thinking everything. i know that you know i feel your pain!