Starting with girl names

After writing a quick list of both girls and boys names I like I decided to look around nameberry and start really looking for a girls name first.

I have found so many I like! What do other people think, and any suggestions for a mn will help. I’m not sure other people will appreciate these names.

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Anita[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] (Maybe not sturdy enough)
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Judith[/name] nn [name]Judy[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Maggie[/name] ([name]Will[/name] need a full name)
[name]Marilyn[/name] nn [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Vita[/name]

If anyone has any other suggestions, they will also be helpful

From your list I like [name]Alice[/name] & [name]Evelyn[/name] the best.
It seems you like older fashioned names
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Willamina[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Betty[/name]
[name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Judith[/name]
[name]Joan[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]

I like [name]Lillian[/name]!

[name]Alice[/name] - very popular in the UK and has been for many years now. Personally, the popularity would deter me, but it is a good vintage choice with a fun literary connection that makes it great in the middle spot. There are no great nicknames, either …
[name]Anita[/name] - this has a nice sound, but I wonder if people will think it is dated? I’m not sure myself.
[name]Aurelia[/name] - I like the idea of this one, and the sound is pretty, but it isn’t my favourite on your list.
[name]Evelyn[/name] - unfortunately getting popular due to the currently trendy -lyn ending. Very fun to say, though - you might like [name]Elvira[/name] instead.
[name]Felicity[/name] - light and feminine, but I actually think the vintage feel and solid history of this name ground it. And what a lovely meaning! You might also like [name]Verity[/name].
[name]Georgia[/name] - not so exciting, but a good, solid choice.
[name]Judith[/name] nn [name]Judy[/name] - I like the feel of it, but for some reason I’m not won over. It might be that I like [name]Jude[/name] so much (for a boy). You might like [name]June[/name].
[name]Julia[/name] - pretty, elegant and classic. A great choice! [name]Juliet[/name] is lovely, too.
[name]Lydia[/name] - flows off the tongue in a most satisfying way. Like [name]Julia[/name], pretty and elegant. You might also like [name]Sylvia[/name].
[name]Madeline[/name] - nice but popular, this one has been marred by [name]Madison[/name] for me in recent years.
[name]Maggie[/name] - adorable! I think all of the following could give the nn [name]Maggie[/name] : [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Magdalene[/name]/a, [name]Margot[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Marigold[/name].
[name]Marilyn[/name] nn [name]Mary[/name] - unfortunately, the -lyn ending makes this seem trendy again … I love the classic [name]Mary[/name], though, and think it would stand well on its own. If not, how about [name]Rosemary[/name] or [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Mary[/name]?
[name]Martha[/name] - I love this musty vintage name, finding it very sweet, but beware that it is actually quite popular in the UK.
[name]Mirabella[/name] - such a pretty, feminine name, with wonderful nickname options of [name]Mira[/name] and [name]Bella[/name] which stop it just short of too frilly, in my opinion, although I do prefer the slightly more grounded [name]Mirabelle[/name], just as I would choose [name]Isabel[/name] over [name]Isabella[/name].
[name]Natalie[/name] - not a bad name by a long shot, but this one lacks magic for me.
[name]Rosemary[/name] - I love all [name]Rose[/name] names, and this one is no exception as I also love [name]Marie[/name]/[name]Mary[/name]. A great dose of vintage flavour!
[name]Vita[/name] - short, spunky and pretty. You may also like [name]Vida[/name].

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

I like to rate with stars :slight_smile: 5 is best

[name]Alice[/name]****
[name]Anita[/name]***
[name]Aurelia[/name]****
[name]Evelyn[/name]***
[name]Felicity[/name] (Maybe not sturdy enough)**
[name]Georgia[/name]***
[name]Judith[/name] nn [name]Judy[/name]*
[name]Julia[/name]** ([name]Juliet[/name] gets )
[name]Lydia[/name]

[name]Madeline[/name]
(way to popular. [name]How[/name] about [name]Matilda[/name]?)
[name]Maggie[/name] ([name]Will[/name] need a full name)

[name]Marilyn[/name] nn [name]Mary[/name]
([name]Martina[/name]? [name]Melina[/name]? [name]Margo[/name]?)
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name]* (Too frilly for me)
[name]Natalie[/name]**
[name]Rosemary[/name]** (I prefer [name]Rosalie[/name], and no, I don’t like Twilight :wink:
[name]Vita[/name]* (too short and strong for my taste)

[name]Alice[/name] - beautiful and classic
[name]Anita[/name] - I’m not keen on this, sorry.
[name]Aurelia[/name] - I love this name but have yet to find another English person who does. Everyone always says “Isn’t that the bit around the nipple?”
[name]Evelyn[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it, but I know a few
[name]Felicity[/name] (Maybe not sturdy enough) - love it.
[name]Georgia[/name] - really like.
[name]Judith[/name] nn [name]Judy[/name] - yuk! (sorry)
[name]Julia[/name] - don’t like.
[name]Lillian[/name] - I like, but there are loads of Lillys around - I like the nn [name]Lil[/name].
[name]Lydia[/name] - I think it’s beautiful but people keep saying “[name]Lydia[/name] Chlamydia!”
[name]Madeline[/name] - madeline McCann
[name]Maggie[/name] ([name]Will[/name] need a full name) - I like this, not the best though.
[name]Marilyn[/name] nn [name]Mary[/name] - I actually really like this.
[name]Martha[/name] - v. pretty.
[name]Mirabella[/name] - ergh
[name]Natalie[/name] - can’t imagine on a child
[name]Rosemary[/name] - one of my favourites
[name]Vita[/name] - sorry - I don’t like.

You have some names that I really love on here. My favourites are:

[name]Alice[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Marilyn[/name], [name]Martha[/name] & [name]Rosemary[/name]. Hubby likes [name]Alice[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Marilyn[/name] & [name]Rosemary[/name].

I see I have a few mixed views on these, thanks for the extra names and me and partner will sit and look at these soon.

I am from the UK so the comments on popularity here/associations here are important to us, we wouldn’t want her to be bullied or teased by her name.

[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] (what about [name]Georgina[/name]?)
[name]Judith[/name] nn [name]Judy[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name] nn [name]Maddie[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name] nn [name]Talie[/name]
[name]Vita[/name]

These are my tops from your list and i suggested 2 NN and a variation of [name]Georgia[/name]-- [name]Georgina[/name]!

I didn’t read through previous replies so I apologize if I repeat other people’s opinions :wink:

[name]Alice[/name]- I love [name]Alice[/name]! Besides the wonderful connection to [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland, it’s strong and classic. However I think the surge of names like it and Twilight are making it rather more popular.

[name]Anita[/name]- As much as I love other [name]Anna[/name] name (think [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Annika[/name], [name]Anna[/name] herself), I can’t get behind [name]Anita[/name]'s “I need a-” sound.

[name]Aurelia[/name]- I think [name]Aurelia[/name] is a beautiful, exotic choice. It’s close enough to the classic [name]Amelia[/name] to keep from being too out there but has a distinction and flair as well. My one worry would be that [name]Aurelia[/name] might be a lot of a name to carry as a small child.

[name]Evelyn[/name]- [name]Evelyn[/name] is pretty, though I prefer [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Eve[/name]. However it’s growing in popularity quite fast.

[name]Felicity[/name]- I adore [name]Felicity[/name]! I find it underused and quite sturdy, with access to the adorable nn Flissy. For something a bit more accepted and studier, [name]Florence[/name] is beautiful as well and has the bonus of the [name]Flossie[/name] nn.

[name]Georgia[/name]- [name]Georgia[/name] reminds me a bit too much of the state, though in theory I think it’s quite pretty. In retrospect, I love [name]Georgiana[/name]!

[name]Judith[/name] nn [name]Judy[/name]- I feel like [name]Judith[/name] is dated and the nn [name]Judy[/name] even more. I would give it another ten years or so…

[name]Julia[/name]- It’s a melodic classic but it seems I hear it everywhere now. I love the more unusual [name]Juliet[/name].

[name]Lydia[/name]- Though it brings up images of the spoiled young [name]Bennet[/name] sister in Pride & Prejudice, [name]Lydia[/name] is a fine, classic name. You can’t go wrong with this one.

[name]Madeline[/name]- I find [name]Madeline[/name] to be too over-used and she would get lost in a sea of Maddies.

[name]Maggie[/name] ([name]Will[/name] need a full name)- [name]Maggie[/name] is cute and spunky. I like it as a nn for [name]Margaret[/name], though if it’s not to your taste, [name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name] are some more out-there options.

[name]Marilyn[/name] nn [name]Mary[/name]- I prefer simply [name]Mary[/name]… [name]Marilyn[/name] feels dated.

[name]Martha[/name]- I would love to meet a little [name]Martha[/name]! I do prefer the more playful [name]Marta[/name] but either way, it would be so refreshing to see it on a little girl.

[name]Mirabella[/name]- This feels like a lot of a name to me. I can see its beauty but all the same, I think [name]Mirabelle[/name] is more accessible. I also like [name]Miranda[/name].

[name]Natalie[/name]- It’s nice but isn’t standing out…

[name]Rosemary[/name]- Like [name]Martha[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] would sound wonderful on a young child. The nn [name]Rosie[/name] makes it much less serious for when she’s a child.

[name]Vita[/name]- [name]Vita[/name] has an attractive sound, though I like [name]Vera[/name] more. It’s not my favorite from your list…

My favorites are: [name]Alice[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name].

Good luck narrowing it down! :smiley: