Starting with the girls- long list!

We are having trouble with girls names. We have come up with this long list but are not sure if we love any. We haven’t really decided what style we would like to go with. Any thoughts or suggetions would be great!

[name]Scarlett[/name] (nn [name]Scout[/name])
[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Olenka[/name] (nn [name]Leni[/name])
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Accalia[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Marta[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name])
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Althea[/name]/ [name]Elthea[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Kalila[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
Adonia
Sunniva
Idahla
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Circe[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name] (nn [name]Leni[/name])
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Apolline[/name] (nn [name]Polly[/name], [name]Lola[/name]?)
[name]Dalila[/name]
[name]Lela[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]

Wow, I love your list!
My favourites are:

[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]

A lot of these are on my list too :slight_smile:
Good luck!

I love your style!
Some of my favorites on your list:

[name]Etta[/name] – I think this is so cute and fresh
[name]Martha[/name] – there is something solid, honest and pure about this that I really like
[name]Dahlia[/name] – not for me, but I absolutely see the appeal and would love to meet a [name]Dahlia[/name]. Have you considered [name]Saskia[/name]? Too “Dutch sounding” for you?
[name]Althea[/name]/ [name]Elthea[/name] – I like [name]Althea[/name] nn [name]Thea[/name]. Have you considered [name]Azalea[/name]?
[name]Odelia[/name] – I love this, I love [name]Cordelia[/name], too
[name]Alice[/name] – see [name]Martha[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] – I love this name! Wish my husband liked it.

My favorites from your list:

[name]Scarlett[/name]-- I love [name]Scarlett[/name]! I like the idea of the nn [name]Scout[/name], especially for a spunky tomboyish girl, and for the To Kill a Mockingbird shout out. But I love [name]Scarlett[/name] so much on its own. [name]Letty[/name] is another sweet nickname possibility.
[name]Iris[/name]-- cute!
[name]Rosalie[/name]-- I love this with the nn [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Rosie[/name]!
[name]Martha[/name]-- I love the wholesome and classic [name]Martha[/name]. Some people think it seems dated or old fashioned, but I actually think it sounds cute and fresh on a little girl, and it will definitely age well.
[name]Althea[/name] – I’ve always been attracted to this name. It sounds unique without being strange. The nn [name]Thea[/name] is great!
[name]Alice[/name] – I love love love [name]Alice[/name]! It’s timeless and classic and what girl wouldn’t love sharing a name with [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland? It’s so much better than [name]Alison[/name]/[name]Allison[/name]/[name]Alicia[/name]/[name]Alyssa[/name] et. al. [name]Martha[/name] & [name]Alice[/name] would make the cutest siblings!
[name]Clio[/name]-- cute, spunky, and fresh. [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Matilda[/name]-- one of my favorite names! [name]Alice[/name] & [name]Matilda[/name] would make cute siblings also.

You have some great names that would go well together! [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Valentina[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Of your list, I like:

[name]Scarlett[/name] - Although I prefer [name]Charlotte[/name] to [name]Scarlett[/name] in general, I think this nn option of [name]Scout[/name] is really interesting.

[name]Etta[/name] - While I like this one a lot, I do find myself wondering if it has enough “substance” as a name. It has a lot in common with both [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Ella[/name]. I can’t quite explain why, but [name]Emma[/name] seems like a solid name to me while [name]Ella[/name] lacks substance. I can’t quite decide where [name]Etta[/name] falls in this view of things.

[name]Iris[/name] - For a while there, this was my favourite girl’s name. Though I still like it a lot, I have a sneaking suspicion that this name is going to sound very trendy a few years down the road. Nonetheless, great botanical associations and nice sound.

[name]Rose[/name] - It’s hard to fault this name. Again, great botanical associations. The one thing I find is that it’s hard to find a middle name that pairs well with [name]Rose[/name]. I’ve thought about this issue before, and the best option I was able to come up with was [name]Rose[/name] [name]Victoria[/name].

[name]Marta[/name] - It’s funny how you can take one h out of [name]Martha[/name] (which doesn’t appeal to me), and suddenly I like it.

[name]Elodie[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name]) - I go back and forth on this one. I think it has a pretty sound, but the similarity to [name]Melody[/name] (and potential for people mishearing this as [name]Melody[/name]) is a potential drawback.

[name]Althea[/name] - Pretty, uncommon, and just a nice name!

[name]Odelia[/name] - Ditto. Also, this name is soooo much more usable than [name]Ophelia[/name], which I see being discussed a lot these days.

[name]Alice[/name] - This name has so much going for it! It’s got great namesakes and literary associations, a long history of use, and it’s easy to spell.

[name]Clio[/name] - I love the fact that this ends in -o. I’m very picky about my mythological associations (e.g. I would never use [name]Circe[/name] from your list because of the negative image), but this one passes muster.

[name]Tess[/name] - I like this a lot, but on its own it’s a bit nicknamey for my taste. I’d personally go for [name]Teresa[/name]/[name]Theresa[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name].

[name]Magnolia[/name] - I know a [name]Magnolia[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name], and it really works on her. I’m not sure if just anyone could pull it off, though.

[name]Apolline[/name] - I think this name is fantastic, and the nn [name]Polly[/name] would work really well, I think.

[name]Matilda[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this one. It has so many great nn options and such a historical feel to it. I also like that it feels very feminine to me without being frilly or fussy at all.

Your list is really neat, lots of terrific names! :smiley:

[name]Scarlett[/name] (nn [name]Scout[/name])---------[name]Scarlett[/name] is lovely, and [name]Scout[/name] is a really cute nickname, I never though of it before, very creative!
[name]Etta[/name]----------------[name]James[/name]…the association is SO very strong it would be hard to break free from.
[name]Iris[/name]----------------BEAUTIFUL! I love the sound and the meaning.
[name]Olenka[/name] (nn [name]Leni[/name])-------------[name]Love[/name] the nickname [name]Leni[/name], but not crazy about [name]Olenka[/name].
[name]Rose[/name]----------Very sweet and old-fashioned.
[name]Rosalie[/name]-------------Sweet.
[name]Accalia[/name]---------------Not crazy about this at all.
[name]Martha[/name]--------------Has definitely grown on me of late.
[name]Marta[/name]----------------[name]LOVE[/name] this, reminds me of The Sound of [name]Music[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name])--------------------Beautiful.
[name]Dahlia[/name]-----------------Not a fan.
[name]Althea[/name]/ [name]Elthea[/name]-----------------Not a fan.
[name]Odelia[/name]---------------Not a fan.
[name]Kalila[/name]-----------------Cute.
[name]Lola[/name]---------------[name]Love[/name] this…however, I always think either “her name was [name]Lola[/name], she was a showgirl” or [name]Lola[/name] by the Kinks.
[name]Alice[/name]----------------[name]Love[/name] it!
Adonia----Not a fan.
Sunniva---------------Not a fan.
Idahla---------------Not a fan.
[name]Clio[/name]--------------Really starting to grow on me of late.
[name]Circe[/name]---------------Not a fan.
[name]Valentina[/name] (nn [name]Leni[/name])----------------[name]Lovely[/name].
[name]Tess[/name]-----------------[name]Lovely[/name] name. [name]Just[/name] beware that if she has a lisp it will be VERY difficult for her to say.
[name]Magnolia[/name]-------------A little too “out-there” for me.
[name]Apolline[/name] (nn [name]Polly[/name], [name]Lola[/name]?)-----------[name]Love[/name] [name]Polly[/name], not so keen on [name]Apolline[/name] though.
[name]Dalila[/name]-------------Not a fan.
[name]Lela[/name]------------Meh.
[name]Matilda[/name]-----[name]ADORE[/name]!
[name]Marigold[/name]----------------Too unusual for my taste.

My favorites from your list are : [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Marta[/name], [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Clio[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name].

Thankyou so much for all the help!!
Unfortunatly we are still no further in narrowing down the list!!
Any more opinions??
Also… we really like [name]Lola[/name] as a nickname but can’t think of a name we really like as a full name, any ideas? We are happy with a name that is a bit of a stretch (like [name]Scarlett[/name] to [name]Scout[/name]).

[name]Scarlett[/name] (nn [name]Scout[/name])- love [name]Scarlett[/name] with such a spunky nickname!

[name]Etta[/name]- Feels more like a nickname… [name]Marietta[/name], [name]Alouette[/name] or [name]Henrietta[/name] are pretty formal names.

[name]Iris[/name]- [name]Love[/name]!

[name]Olenka[/name] (nn [name]Leni[/name])- I’m not a fan of [name]Olenka[/name] but the nn [name]Leni[/name] is cute. [name]Helena[/name] is my favorite full name but [name]Eleni[/name], [name]Ellen[/name] and [name]Elena[/name] are pretty as well.

[name]Rose[/name]- My favorite name! :smiley:

[name]Rosalie[/name]- Pretty but I prefer the simple [name]Rose[/name].

[name]Accalia[/name]- Not a fan. [name]Acacia[/name], [name]Calla[/name] and [name]Malia[/name] are similar choices…

[name]Martha[/name]- Definitely ready for a comeback, though I prefer [name]Marta[/name] myself.

[name]Marta[/name]- Oh! Here’s [name]Marta[/name]! :lol: I prefer it over [name]Martha[/name]. It feels fresher.

[name]Elodie[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name])- [name]Elodie[/name] looks lovely on paper but I find the sound the sound to be a bit clunky. Thus, I prefer [name]Eloise[/name].

[name]Dahlia[/name]- [name]Lovely[/name]

[name]Althea[/name]/ [name]Elthea[/name]- Not my favorite, though I prefer [name]Althea[/name] over [name]Elthea[/name]. [name]Dorothea[/name] is my favorite “[name]Thea[/name]” option.

[name]Odelia[/name]- I’m not a fan. It feels like a cross between [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Ophelia[/name], both of which I find very pretty.

[name]Kalila[/name]- It feels made up. What about [name]Lilia[/name], [name]Callista[/name] or [name]Delilah[/name]?

[name]Lola[/name]- I prefer this as a nickname. If you’re willing to stretch, [name]Penelope[/name] could work, as well as [name]Louella[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Laura[/name], or maybe even [name]Charlotte[/name].

[name]Alice[/name]- I love [name]Alice[/name]!

Adonia- Not my favorite…

Sunniva- Likewise, it feels made-up. [name]Susannah[/name] nn [name]Sunny[/name] is darling though.

Idahla- I prefer [name]Dahlia[/name].

[name]Clio[/name]- Though I prefer it spelled [name]Cleo[/name], I think it’s a definite spunky nn. I like it for [name]Clementine[/name] or [name]Cordelia[/name] the most.

[name]Circe[/name]- Too rooted in mythology for me…

[name]Valentina[/name] (nn [name]Leni[/name])- It has a pleasant sound but [name]Valentina[/name]'s always felt a bit much for one person to me.

[name]Tess[/name]- Short and simple; I think [name]Tess[/name] is wonderful! :slight_smile:

[name]Magnolia[/name]- I like how it stands out and the nn [name]Maggie[/name] is darling.

[name]Apolline[/name] (nn [name]Polly[/name], [name]Lola[/name]?)- [name]Apolline[/name] isn’t a favorite but [name]Paloma[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name] (or [name]Lola[/name], for that matter!) is very cute.

[name]Dalila[/name]- I like [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Dahlia[/name] more.

[name]Lela[/name]- Prefer as a nn for [name]Gabriella[/name]

[name]Matilda[/name]- Very spunky and fresh!

[name]Marigold[/name]- I prefer [name]Magnolia[/name] but like how you can get the nn [name]Mary[/name] from a fresher source.

All in all, my favorites are [name]Iris[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Marta[/name], [name]Dahlia[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]. Good luck!

You have some great names on your list - I’ll try and be brutal (I hope you don’t mind) to help you narrow it down, though.

On the subject of [name]Lola[/name] (which I just adore - sweet and sassy all at once), I think it can work as a nickname for [name]Paloma[/name], [name]Salome[/name] ([name]SAL[/name]-oh-may) or any Lo- name ([name]Louise[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Lourdes[/name], even [name]Eloise[/name]), or even [name]Lauren[/name]/[name]Laurel[/name]/[name]Lorna[/name] at a stretch. Traditionally it is a nickname for [name]Dolores[/name], which I actually like and think has a lot of musty-vintage-goodness going for it. I see that [name]Elodie[/name] is on your list, and I think [name]Lola[/name] could work as a nickname for that, too.

[name]Scarlett[/name] (nn [name]Scout[/name]) - I can’t say that I’m a huge [name]Scarlett[/name] fan. There’s nothing wrong with it, and it’s a perfectly nice colour, but all I think of is ‘scarlet woman’. It seems I’m the only one, though, and herein lies the actual problem - the popularity. (In 2000 it was barely within the top 1000 names in the US, now it’s hovering just outside the top 150.) On a side note, I think [name]Scout[/name] is so fun and spunky, with the bonus of To Kill A Mockingbird undertones. [name]Even[/name] if you don’t go with [name]Scarlett[/name], I think [name]Scout[/name] is the sort of nickname which could work for any full name, a la [name]Buster[/name]/[name]Buddy[/name].

[name]Etta[/name] - beautiful, classic and elegant. I think it can work on its own, although it depends a little on your surname (I would say it either needs to be long and complicated, providing good contrast, or short and confident, making her sound like a [name]Golden[/name] Age of Hollywood movie star). Of course, [name]Etta[/name] could be another nickname for [name]Scarlett[/name], so in effect you could combine these first two options and you/she could decide between [name]Etta[/name] and [name]Scout[/name] at any given stage in her life. Versatility is always good :slight_smile: It could also be a nickname for [name]Violet[/name], [name]Cosette[/name], [name]Colette[/name], [name]Suzette[/name], [name]Alouette[/name], and others besides.

[name]Iris[/name] - a lovely old lady vibe, similar to [name]Olive[/name], and a simple but feminine feel make this a good choice, although I must admit to preferring some of your other names.

[name]Olenka[/name] (nn [name]Leni[/name]) - very unusual. I’m guessing it’s Eastern European or Russian? It’s nice, and very fun to say (you might also like [name]Katinka[/name]), but I do prefer the wonderful [name]Odelia[/name], and I find [name]Leni[/name] a bit … so-so. Neither sweet nor spunky, just sort of average.

[name]Rose[/name] - this is, in my opinion, the kind of name you can’t go wrong with. [name]Rose[/name] is feminine but simple, familiar but not too popular, and it has all of that lovely floral imagery but is well used enough as a name that it wouldn’t appear at odds on a tomboy. [name]Rose[/name] itself is both sweet and elegant, [name]Rosie[/name] is adorable and just a little mischevious, and [name]Ro[/name] is very, very cool.

[name]Rosalie[/name] - oh so pretty, but the -lie ending is very popular at the moment (or as -ley, -lee, -leigh etc.), and unfortunately that slightly casts the shadow of trendiness over vintage choices like this, for me. So, it’s beautiful, but you have to consider whether you’d be worried about it dating quickly.

[name]Accalia[/name] - I’ve never heard this one! I quite like it, but am not entirely sure how to pronounce it and do prefer your other -lia options. It reminds me strongly of [name]Acacia[/name], and in fact I initially misread it as that, which may or may not be a negative for you.

[name]Martha[/name] - short, simple, sweet and wholesome. I like this one, and it’s only coloured for me by the fact that it’s popular here in the UK. That’s probably the one thing to watch out for with this one - popularity. That said, it actually seems, according to the SSA, to be getting less popular, while similar names like [name]Nora[/name] rise.

[name]Marta[/name] - I like this one, too, but [name]Martha[/name] feels just that little bit more vintage to me.

[name]Elodie[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name]) - oh so pretty, but do mind the popularity of [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Ella[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name] “[name]Ellie[/name]”, which is considerable at the moment.

[name]Dahlia[/name] - a pretty flower and a pretty name, but while I like it I just don’t think it’s as versatile as some of the other options on your list. That said, it is just a tad spunkier than your other floral options, which perhaps in itself lends some versatility.

[name]Althea[/name]/ [name]Elthea[/name] - I want to like it, but while it’s nice, it just doesn’t get me excited. I always worry it might be mistaken for [name]Alicia[/name] with a lisp, too (as in a-LISS-ee-a, as opposed to a-LEESH-a).

[name]Odelia[/name] - stunning! Vintage, unusual, feminine, [name]Lia[/name] for a nickname if you want one … the list of attributes goes on and on. You might also like [name]Odette[/name]/a, especially as you could then nickname to [name]Etta[/name].

[name]Kalila[/name] - see below about double-L names. To me, this one doesn’t have the charm of most of your other choices; it just seems a little rushed, almost.

[name]Lola[/name] - as I said above, I love it. I do think it has to be a nickname, though, as I can only imagine a certain type of very confident person pulling off [name]Lola[/name] as a full name (probably not helped by the iconic Kinks song).

[name]Alice[/name] - simple and literary, feminine but with no frills. I must warn you that [name]Alice[/name] is extremely popular in the UK, though, so be wary about it rising elsewhere.

Adonia - if this is, as I assume it is, related to [name]Adonis[/name], then I think it might just be a little too much pressure to bestow on a child. [name]Adelaide[/name] is a very pretty alternative, though.

Sunniva - [name]Sunny[/name] would be a sweet nickname, but for me this name just lacks something.

Idahla - another one I’ve never heard of! I’m intrigued, though; I do love I names. You might also like [name]Imelda[/name], although it’s probably still too [name]Marcos[/name].

[name]Clio[/name] - a very cool name, which I think would age well. I prefer the [name]Cleo[/name] spelling as it seems both longer and less car-like to me, but that’s just a small point. I think this sort of depends which way you want to go - vintage and feminine, with choices like [name]Magnolia[/name] and [name]Althea[/name], or more modern and a little hippy, with [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Lola[/name]. Of course, some options, such as [name]Alice[/name], fit into both categories in my opinion.

[name]Circe[/name] - this is always one of my answers to the “If it weren’t for the association, what names would you use?” question. Unfortunately, I do think the evil sorceress of Greek mythology is too prominent an association. You might like the Irish [name]Saoirse[/name] (SARE-sha), which is lovely but probably best in the middle if you’re concerned about pronunciation issues.

[name]Valentina[/name] (nn [name]Leni[/name]) - I’ve shared my thoughts on the nickname [name]Leni[/name] above, but [name]Valentina[/name] is so gorgeous and, dare I say it, romantic - a lovely choice.

[name]Tess[/name] - pretty much the same rules apply as for [name]Etta[/name] on its own. Have you considered it as a nickname for [name]Theresa[/name], [name]Thessaly[/name] or Contessa? Actually, just the extra letter of [name]Tessa[/name] seems to make the name stand more completely on its own, to me.

[name]Magnolia[/name] - beautiful! A wonderful, unusual floral choice, with the varied nickname options of [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Nola[/name]. [name]Magnolia[/name] blossom is such a great image, too (slightly preferable to marigolds, in my opinion).

[name]Apolline[/name] (nn [name]Polly[/name], [name]Lola[/name]?) - my heart be still. A stunning, unusual full name which isn’t hard to pronounce, plus two lovely nicknames: absolute perfection. And yes, I do think you could use [name]Lola[/name] as a nickname.

[name]Dalila[/name] - is this pronounced like [name]Delilah[/name]? Very pretty, but unfortunate connotations (betrayal of [name]Samson[/name] etc.). There’s the popularity of double-L names to consider, too - see below.

[name]Lela[/name] - I completely see the appeal of this one, but double-L names are just getting so popular. They are definitely becoming a naming trend, and that would put me off, personally. I think the safest double-L bet is [name]Lola[/name] as a nickname for something more unusual.

[name]Matilda[/name] - strong but flowing, feminine and refined. [name]Mattie[/name], [name]Tilly[/name] and [name]Tilda[/name] are all good nicknames, and provide a good variety of ‘vibes’. It has risen about 250 places on the SSA’s list in the last two years, and while it is still not too popular by any means, you might want to watch it.

[name]Marigold[/name] - an unusual but accessible flower choice, versatile thanks to nicknames which can make it either more popular ([name]Marie[/name], [name]Maggie[/name]) or more unusual ([name]Goldie[/name], even [name]Margo[/name]). It should be noted that in the UK (where I am), yellow rubber gloves are marigolds, although a) younger people don’t tend to call them that, so it might by an ageing name and b) that is only the UK, so if you are elsewhere then it might not bother you.

My harsh summary :
[name]Love[/name]:
[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Apolline[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] (watch out for the popularity, though)

Like:
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name] (is it too much as a first name?)
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]

I’m on the fence:
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
Idahla

I would dismiss:
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Olenka[/name]
[name]Accalia[/name]
[name]Marta[/name]
[name]Althea[/name]/[name]Elthea[/name]
[name]Kalila[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] (as a full name)
Adonia
Sunniva
[name]Circe[/name]
[name]Dalila[/name]
[name]Lela[/name].

I hope this insanely long post has helped a little!

[name]Auburn[/name]

We have narrowed the list down a bit!
The list is now:

[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Marta[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]*
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]*
[name]Apolline[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Dalila[/name] (prn da-lee-la)*
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]*
[name]Valentina[/name]

starred are our favourites at the moment.
Also… do any of these names strike you as well suited as sibling names?

Thankyou again for all the help so far!!!

I’m happy to see some of my favourites on there! You have such great options, is there any way you could hint at your surname (starts with/sounds like/number of syllables) to give us an idea of flow? Also, do you have any middle names picked out, or would you choose from this list?

Your names pretty much all have a lovely vintage feel to them, so I think the vast majority would work together nicely for sisters, of course avoiding anything which you might find too matchy (more than one flower name, more than one name ending in a -ss sound etc.). A couple of nice groups:
[name]Alice[/name], [name]Etta[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Martha[/name] ([name]Lottie[/name], [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Martha[/name] would be adorable)
[name]Dahlia[/name]/[name]Odelia[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Apolline[/name] ([name]Lia[/name], [name]Tilly[/name] and [name]Lola[/name]/[name]Lia[/name], [name]Tilda[/name] and [name]Polly[/name]/[name]Lia[/name], [name]Mattie[/name] and [name]Lola[/name]).

If you don’t already have some middles picked out:
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Valentina[/name], [name]Etta[/name] [name]Apolline[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] [name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Apolline[/name], [name]Iris[/name] [name]Odelia[/name] and [name]Martha[/name] [name]Dalila[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Tess[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Apolline[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Apolline[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name].

[name]Auburn[/name]

Here’s the names on your list that I like (To be honest, the other’s on your list I don’t like AT ALL):
[name]Scarlett[/name] (nn [name]Scout[/name])
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] (I like [name]Rosalie[/name] better)
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name] (nn [name]Ellie[/name])
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Kalila[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Dalila[/name]
[name]Lela[/name]

My absolute favorite is [name]Scarlett[/name] with [name]Scout[/name] as a nn. That is SO adorable!

Our list has changed again!!!

[name]Martha[/name]/ [name]Marta[/name] (a cute nickname would make one of these a top pick!)
[name]Dahlia[/name] (probably our favourite at the moment)
[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] (might be a bit too popular)
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Apolline[/name] - im interested in how people pronounce this- apol-ine or apol-een?
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Dalila[/name] (prn da-lee-la)
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]

More opinions would be great!

[name]Martha[/name]/ [name]Marta[/name] - I’m not a fan of the name because it sounds old to me, but “[name]Marty[/name]” would be a cute nn on a girl
[name]Dahlia[/name] - One of my favorites on your list!
[name]Etta[/name] - There’s nothing wrong with it; it just sounds old to me
[name]Matilda[/name] - I’m neutral on this one. I could see it being adorable on a little girl, but I’m not sure how it would age.
[name]Iris[/name] - Very pretty.
[name]Apolline[/name] - I pronounced it “apol-een” and I don’t care for it.
[name]Tess[/name] - No.
[name]Dalila[/name] - I like [name]Dahlia[/name] better
[name]Lilia[/name]- It’s pretty, but I like [name]Lila[/name] better
[name]Rose[/name] - A nice mn
[name]Scarlett[/name] - My favorite
[name]Saskia[/name] - I could see teasing potential. “Sasquatch” … It also makes me think of an eskimo or a snow dog

Well, I’ve shared my thoughts on all but [name]Saskia[/name], so I won’t repeat myself and will simply answer your newest questions.

[name]Saskia[/name] - pretty but spunky, unusual but easy to pronounce, and I personally think Sassy would be an adorable and fun nickname. This would be a very good choice, in my opinion.

[name]Martha[/name]/[name]Marta[/name] - well, as I mentioned previously I think [name]Scout[/name] could be a nickname for any name. Aside from that, I think you could use all of the nicknames which are traditionally used for [name]Mary[/name] for [name]Martha[/name], as they are so similar. So, Mol, [name]Molly[/name], [name]Mamie[/name] etc. There’s also [name]Marty[/name], as a previous poster mentioned, or [name]Mattie[/name]. You could even stretch to [name]Maisie[/name] or [name]Mae[/name].

I pronounce [name]Apolline[/name] A-poll-een (I’m British, which could make a difference).

[name]Matilda[/name] - unfortunately, two years within the top 1000 isn’t enough to judge in any concrete way whether [name]Matilda[/name] is likely to continue rising. I’ve heard people mention that [name]Heath[/name] Ledger’s use of the name for his daughter likely sent it up the charts, but that was a good few years ago now, so it might be out of the spotlight now. It is currently at #762 on the SSA’s list, making it less popular than [name]Martha[/name] (#682), [name]Dahlia[/name] (#660, and rising steadily), [name]Iris[/name] (#317), [name]Rose[/name] (#352) and [name]Scarlett[/name] (#169), which has risen rapidly. [name]Tessa[/name] is #208, but [name]Tess[/name] is far less popular at #829 - still, they are so similar. [name]Lily[/name] and other variants are popular, too ([name]Lily[/name] is at #18), which might affect [name]Lilia[/name].

[name]Auburn[/name]

I think we have narrowed it down for sure! (with some new additions)
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]/ [name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]/ [name]Dessa[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name]

What do you think?

oh… and middle name!
we would really love to use catherine in the middle spot, its a name in both our families :slight_smile:

If you use [name]Catherine[/name] for a middle, I think these work best:

[name]Etta[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]