Stealth Rhyming for #3...

Ok, at this point baby #3 is still theoretical (but planned). I’m happily geeking on names in the meantime. And I thought some of you might enjoy a bit of a challenge…

Our son is [name]Sylvan[/name], his sister is [name]Cosima[/name]. They both had their middle names before the first ones were decided: [name]Sylvan[/name]'s middle is after my father, who was a wonderful man he never got to meet. And [name]Cosima[/name]'s middle does double duty: after a dear mentor of mine and also bassist in hubby’s favorite band. Here’s the fun part: they both rhyme. [name]Sylvan[/name] was such a perfect name, we just had to use it - even though it meant he’d be [name]Sylvan[/name] [name]Melvin[/name]. Who uses full names anyway? We figured he could choose to share his middle name or not, and heck, it’s fun to say! [name]Cosima[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is nice on its own, but what sold me on it was the nickname Cozy [name]Rosie[/name]. [name]Sylvan[/name] [name]Melvin[/name] and Cozy [name]Rosie[/name]! It’s all good times at our house.

But uh-oh, now we gotta think of something good for #3. I don’t want it to be obvious/schlocky, but do want the rhyme option, probably as a nickname rather than given names. We can’t have the little one left out of the fun, but don’t necessarily want to be known as Those Weird Rhyming People to the general public. Cozy’s fairly well-camouflaged, at least… and there is also a theoretical possibility of baby #4 to follow this one… so we need to keep it cool.

And I’m PICKY, y’all. Current guidelines: first name doesn’t start with K, H, S, or C (current initials in the household). Isn’t from the Bible. Not in the top 100. Hilarious hurdle: last name begins with the sound Ass (so no [name]Harry[/name], [name]Jack[/name], Wise, etc. - ruled out [name]Winsome[/name] this way last time around).

I’ve got at least a year to sift through ideas. Who’s with me?

[name]Just[/name] to randomly jump start, some names I’ve been liking lately:
[name]Artemis[/name]
[name]Bay[/name]
Miro
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Paz[/name]/[name]Pax[/name]
[name]Worth[/name]
[name]Spring[/name] (as middle)
[name]Zinnia[/name]
Fawkes
Acacia

What a cute idea! Some suggestions:

GIRLS

[name]Eliora[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] = [name]Ellie[/name] [name]Dellie[/name] (Any [name]El[/name]- name can replace [name]Eliora[/name]: [name]Elena[/name], etc.)

Miette [name]Leora[/name] = [name]Mia[/name] [name]Lia[/name]

[name]Nella[/name] [name]Brielle[/name] = [name]Nellie[/name] [name]Bell[/name]?

[name]Lorelai[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] = [name]Lolly[/name] [name]Dolly[/name]!

Bah…I’m loving this!

BOYS:

[name]Curran[/name] [name]Murray[/name] = [name]Curry[/name] [name]Murry[/name]

[name]Leland[/name] [name]Sanders[/name] = Sandland?

Corrigan [name]Victor[/name] = [name]Cory[/name] [name]Tory[/name]

Hmm… Lets see. The first thing to come to mind was [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Spring[/name], I don’t know why, though. There’s nothing overly rhymey about it, it just sounds really happy. Other ideas:

[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Willow[/name] ‘[name]Silly[/name] [name]Billie[/name]’
[name]Lux[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] ‘[name]Lucky[/name] duck’
[name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Louise[/name] ‘[name]Lucy[/name] Loo’.
[name]Saskia[/name] [name]Thalassa[/name] ‘Sassy [name]Lassie[/name]’
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Hattie[/name] ‘chatty [name]Hattie[/name]’
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] ‘[name]Rosie[/name] posy’
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] ‘[name]Coco[/name] pop(py)’
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Olive[/name] ‘[name]Molly[/name] [name]Olly[/name]’

[name]Evan[/name] [name]Steven[/name] ‘even [name]Steven[/name]’
[name]Chester[/name] [name]Jett[/name] ‘[name]Chet[/name] [name]Jett[/name]’
[name]William[/name] [name]Robert[/name] ‘[name]Billy[/name] [name]Bob[/name]’

Yeah I suck that this

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] ‘[name]Dottie[/name] [name]Lottie[/name]’?

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] ‘[name]Lolly[/name] Pop’!!!

You guys are cracking me up! [name]Lolly[/name] [name]Dolly[/name], [name]Curry[/name] [name]Murry[/name], Sassy [name]Lassie[/name]!

Here’s another couple names I’ve been obsessing over that I forgot to put on the list:
[name]Amity[/name]
Tesla
Ottilie (this one’s from the family tree!)

[name]Ottilie[/name] Milliscent - [name]Tillie[/name] [name]Millie[/name]
[name]Hawthorn[/name] Fawkes - [name]Hawk[/name] Fawkes
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Olympia[/name] - [name]Goldie[/name] [name]Oly[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name] [name]Linnea[/name]
Artimis [name]Starling[/name] - [name]Ari[/name] [name]Star[/name]

^^^ [name]FAVORITE[/name]! Though I would use a name like [name]Lorelai[/name] instead of [name]Louisa[/name] to get [name]Lolly[/name]–something with two L’s. [name]Lolly[/name] Pop…how adorable! Good one!

[name]Lolly[/name] Pop is super cute! I like [name]Ari[/name] [name]Star[/name] from [name]Artemis[/name] [name]Starling[/name] too.

[name]Linden[/name] winter ([name]Lenny[/name] winnie)
[name]Zinnia[/name] madisyn (zin syn or zinny cinny)
[name]Acacia[/name] bay ([name]Kay[/name] bay)
[name]Pax[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] (pax jacks)
[name]Worth[/name] [name]Logan[/name] (wo lo)
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] (oh ro)
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] ([name]Tilly[/name] [name]Lilly[/name])