Steering clear of J names?

DH and I are expecting our first child. We don’t know the gender just yet, but we’ve started looking at names.

The baby’s surname will be [name_f]Do[/name_f] (Like [name_f]Doe[/name_f]. A deer, a female deer ;)) and I realized that I hate the idea of our child getting made fun of with the term [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_f]Doe[/name_f], which in my mind is only a small step away from J. [name_f]Do[/name_f]. Should we NOT go with a J name at all?

Am I over thinking? I really don’t know. DH is not really denying or confirming it. Please help.

I think as long as you stay away from [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_m]John[/name_m], a “J” name should be fine.

I agree with this.

I am in agreement with previous posters as well. :slight_smile:

I agree-I think you’re good as long as the name doesn’t sound too much like [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_m]John[/name_m]. [name_m]Jefferson[/name_m] [name_f]Doe[/name_f]? Sure. [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_f]Doe[/name_f]? Probably not smart. Same with names like [name_f]Jade[/name_f]- too close to [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. But [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] works fine.

I agree with the above posters, you shouldn’t worry about nixing the entire letter - I think [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_m]John[/name_m] are the only ones you should stay away from.

However I would also be probably inclined to stay away from word names.