Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery

The name of [name]Ellen[/name] [name]Pompeo[/name] and [name]Chris[/name] Ivery’s new baby girl!

I love it, what does everyone else think?

[name]Love[/name] it too! Though I think it’s mostly the combination I am fond of. [name]Don[/name]'t really like [name]Stella[/name], so with [name]Luna[/name] it’s great. [name]Luna[/name] is my absolute favorite name. If I had a girl, I’d name her that.

I like the sound and the flow of that name. The only thing is that it’s the name of a children’s book–Stellaluna. Of course the book is not a bad association to have at all, but I’m just wondering whether they had the book in mind or even knew about it. Maybe they meant the book to be her special thing?

Hate, Hate, Hate.
Sorry! [name]Stella[/name] is one of my least favorite names, I dunno why… and [name]Luna[/name]… I dunno. I dont like them seperate, or together.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] this name!!! It’s unique without being ridiculous haha.

i hate luna. they should have dropped luna and just had her middle name be pompeo.

My first thought was, “Huh? They named her after the book Stellaluna?” I’m all for literary names, but Stellaluna is a bat. (No offense to fans of bats intended…) :slight_smile:

That said, I do think [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] are pretty, but paired together, it’s too much of a theme (star and moon) for me. (And then there’s the whole bat issue…)

I wish them and their baby the best! :slight_smile:

I would like [name]Stella[/name] [name]Pompei[/name] Ivery. Is that the way you spell [name]Pompei[/name], the city that was buried in lava?

I believe it’s Pompeii, and I think that [name]Stella[/name] Pompeii would have been really cool, [name]Susan[/name]! Great idea! :slight_smile:

Oddly enough I like the way [name]Stella[/name] [name]Luna[/name] sounds together it is very cosmic that’s for sure. The book about the bat is the first thing that comes to mind. I’ve been reading Stellaluna to my daughters for years and just read it last night to be exact. My oldest daughter now 11 first heard this story of Stellaluna the bat when she was kindergarten. I’m not sure but I bet it’s still popular in school. I know Lunella isn’t a name but do you think?

I didn’t know about the book, but I don’t really like the name. I do really like [name]Stella[/name], but with [name]Luna[/name] all I hear is Ste-la-la. Then I think of the little mice/rats in the movie “[name]Babe[/name]”. They stand there and sing “La-La-Laaaaaaa!”

Anyways…[name]Luna[/name] also makes me think “lunatic”…so I guess I don’t like it.

I can’t decide if I like it or not. [name]Stella[/name] alone is so-so. [name]Luna[/name] reminds mr of a soap opera character from All My Children from my childhood. I’m on the fence

Its got a pretty sound but I don’t like the book connection or the star snd the moon thing.

I just can’t make up my mind about this name.

Separately, I love [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Luna[/name]…but together? Meh. I really don’t like the matching -a endings and the flow just seems off. But I love susan’s idea of [name]Stella[/name] Pompeii!

[name]Stella[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] are both pretty but not for the same kid [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Star[/name] [name]Moon[/name]? Really?

In Italian its [name]Pompei[/name]. In English its Pompeii. Confusing, huh?

I honestly don’t care for it at all, both because of the association with the book, “Stellaluna,” and because it seems so cliche to combine stars and the moon, [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Luna[/name]. It would have been prettier as [name]Stella[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] [name]Pompeo[/name] Ivery, and much less cliche.