Stella vs Tessa

Hello all,

We think we (finally) have our list narrowed down to the final two names!!

We are deciding between [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. Which one do you like the best?

1 Like

Stella for sure!

I far prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] over [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. I will forever and always hear “Steeeeellaaaaa” from A Streetcar Named [name_f]Desire[/name_f] in my head when I see that name. Probably not a popular association, but I can’t get past it. lol Plus, [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] has a sweetness, but also a spunky strength I really like.

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Stella[/name_f] because it has a beautiful sound and beautiful meaning in “star!”

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], although both are sweet :slight_smile:

Stella by a mile! It’s classy and strong and beautiful. For me, [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] sounds more soft and weak.

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and it’s meaning, however, it seems like one of those trendy popular names that’s going to come and go quickly. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is also a more modern/trendy name, however, I think it’s cuter and more “timeless”

I prefer stella :slight_smile:

Stella! [name_u]Bright[/name_u] and glamorous.

Tessa is also pretty, but doesn’t shine like [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

Stella is my fave!

Both are great! At the moment I’m preferring [name_f]Stella[/name_f], but you really can’t go wrong.

I prefer [name_f]Stella[/name_f] of these two, but like [name_f]Tess[/name_f] better than either!

Stella reminds me of A Streetcar Named [name_f]Desire[/name_f], so depends if you like that. At the minute, I prefer it, but I feel like it doesn’t have much longevity, and will sound dated super quickly. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] sounds a bit cutesy for me personally, but might be better in the long run

I like both, but [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is definitely my favorite.

I love both, but [name_f]Stella[/name_f] feels brighter and I would choose it over [name_f]Tessa[/name_f].

I adore [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! I think it’s so spunky and cute (I also love [name_f]Tess[/name_f] as a nn). [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is kind of a perfect “rare-but-recognizable” name that works at any age level and complements any kind of girl - from sporty to preppy to artsy. I’ve only met a few Tessas but they’re all such unique, interesting people. Incredibly strong and independent women as well. Truly one-of-a-kind.

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] on the other hand isn’t my favorite. It’s a name I’ve heard a lot. I think it has charm, but I find it a little underwhelming. I know it’s making a huge comeback and I usually like retro names, but this one just falls a little flat to me. I prefer the [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Bella[/name_f] over [name_f]Stella[/name_f], but I’ve also just never been fond of names that start with “St” in general. I’d definitely with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]!

1 Like

Both are so sweet!

For negatives, I see [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] as a bit dated & I think it’s one if those names that only works for certain races (I’m NOT racist by any means, actually multiracial myself), & [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is kind of overused IMO.

But ultimately it’s your decision & puck what you love! <3

Both names are lovely, but I prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! I think it’s a very gorgeous name. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is getting too popular for my taste

Stella has a lovely sound and a beautiful meaning, but [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is one of my top favourites! With the spunky nn option of ‘[name_f]Tess[/name_f]’ and one of my favourite olympic athletes name being [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], she truly is just sublime and comes out on top for me.

1 Like