Stella

She spent ten years out the rankings, then crept back in in 1998 at number 907. She jumped about 100 places every year from then until 2004 and has spent the last 4 years in the 200s, coming in at 244 in 2007 (241 in 2006), the highest she’s been since 1965. Now there have been two recent starbabies given the name, [name]Tori[/name] Spelling and [name]Dean[/name] [name]McDermott[/name]'s [name]Stella[/name] [name]Doreen[/name], and [name]Gena[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Nolin[/name]'s [name]Stella[/name] [name]Monroe[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think that’ll boost her numbers? Are we getting geared up for a generation of little [name]Stella[/name]'s?

I do believe that [name]Stella[/name] will soar, considering (a.) it has been used by celebrities and (b.) is similar to extremely popular names such as [name]Ella[/name], [name]Bella[/name], etc.
With these and many other good things going for it, I think we will see quite a few more little Stellas joining all the little Bellas and Ellas on the playground.

[name]Simon[/name] [name]Baker[/name] of “The Mentalist” also has a [name]Stella[/name], [name]Stella[/name] [name]Breeze[/name]. So lovely!
I think it will follow the “ella” crowd, but stand out due to its Latinate roots and its sort of standing out sound (the st- beginning).

Me three. I consdidered [name]Stella[/name] for [name]Josephine[/name] for the other half (he was a fan of [name]Stella[/name] Stevens’ when he was a kid) But I ultimately said ‘no’ for the same reason. She’s attractive, has a bit more oomph than [name]Ella[/name] or [name]Bella[/name] and has a neat literary connection (even if it is a bit annoying at times). [name]Stella[/name]'s lovely and thanks to all the other -ella names, is definitely going places. I have a feeling I’m not going to tire of hearing [name]Stella[/name] like I have [name]Ella[/name] & [name]Bella[/name], though.

My best friend chose [name]Stella[/name] for her now-three-year-old. I love it! We were both really excited about the name; at the time, I’d only heard it on a couple of star babies, like [name]Melanie[/name] [name]Griffith[/name]'s and [name]Dave[/name] [name]Matthews[/name]. Now I’m hearing it much more, but I still never tire of it; for me it’s [name]Tennessee[/name] [name]William[/name]'s “[name]Stella[/name] for [name]Star[/name]” all day long. :slight_smile:

I think [name]Stella[/name] will make a comeback. My cousin named one of her twins [name]Stella[/name]-it seemd like an odd choice at the time, but now it seems a little more classy.