Stella

What is your first reaction when you hear the name [name]Stella[/name]? What does it make you think of? It is currently the front runner, but I would love some feedback about it. Thanks!

I love love love this name!! In my opinion you can’t go wrong with it.

I picture a gorgeous woman with long flowing hair in a shimmery gown. Go for it!

If this name worked with our last name, it’d be in the top 5. I love it.

I think “star,” but I’m literal like that :slight_smile:

Well, this may be a sign that I watch too many bad reality TV shows, but I think of [name]Tori[/name] Spelling’s daughter. It is a great name that is in danger of being overused. I swear it shows up in every baby name poll these days. But that alone should not deter you if you love it.

I think of [name]Brando[/name] screaming out [name]Stella[/name]'s name.

That’s what my husband thinks of, too.

I think [name]Stella[/name] is a beautiful name. It’s very feminine and pretty. A well known person I associate it with is [name]Stella[/name] McCartney the designer. If you like it I think you can’t lose. To me it is very likeable.

This is a great name! I like it so much! I would use it in a heartbeat!

I also think of the movie where he’s yelling “[name]Stella[/name]…[name]STELLA[/name]” and my husband won’t allow it!

It’s beautiful but it makes me think of [name]Nanny[/name] [name]Stella[/name] from [name]Nanny[/name] 911!

I do like it in theory, but it’s “Streetcar Named Desire” in my head. Also [name]Stella[/name] D’oro* bread sticks (and other pastry products). I am in my late 30s so I still know old ladies with this name too. If you don’t, it’s not less cute than [name]Ella[/name], it’s definitely cuter.

*Keep in mind my long-time fave is [name]Sara[/name] as in [name]Sara[/name] [name]Lee[/name], as in “nobody doesn’t like”. I wouldn’t hesitate to use a name just because it was also something yummy in the freezer case of your local market.

I love it. Makes me think of my mum praising me, “you’re a star” and also sounds like [name]Bella[/name] but without the literal “beautiful” meaning that puts me off that one. (What if my baby is less than belle?!)

My husband, however, only thinks of the lager, which is nicknamed “wife beater” due to its high alcohol content. So it was a no-no for him!

[name]Stella[/name]= [name]Tori[/name] spelling. I live in Los [name]Angeles[/name] and [name]Stella[/name] is just as popular as [name]Ava[/name] and isabelle.

I love [name]Stella[/name] as a nn for [name]Estelle[/name]. I think of [name]Marlon[/name] [name]Brando[/name], and, to me, that is a fun association because I don’t remember the movie very well. I just think of a young [name]Marlon[/name] [name]Brando[/name] in a white T-shirt yelling.
I also think of a star.

Like [name]Sarah[/name], I have to admit that I think of [name]Stella[/name] [name]McDermott[/name], [name]Tori[/name] Spelling’s daughter. (I’m now hanging my head in shame.) :slight_smile: After that, I think of [name]Brando[/name], the movie “[name]Stella[/name],” and a star. I think it’s pretty, but wouldn’t be surprised if it surged in popularity.

It also reminds me of a star but that’s only because I know the meaning behind the name. Besides it’s meaning (which I like) I like “ella” names all though most are popular. [name]Stella[/name] however is not so popular.