Stephanie

My newest name crush is [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]. I love the 3 syllables, the ‘ph’ sound and the -ie ending!

My question is, is it strange to use if [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] is SUCH an 80’s/90’s name? I grew up with and currently know so many Stephanies around my age, some of whom I’m very close to. I’m not so worried about it being date-stamped.

I think [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] is really pretty. I’ve known too many Stephanies my age so to me it sounds a little dated. I don’t think that’s a bad thing though since that also means it’s not used as much today. My 16 year old niece actually suggested [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] with the nickname [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] to me.

If you want to ‘modernize’ it or otherwise untie it from the 80s/90s, an alternate spelling is [name_f]Stephenie[/name_f] (with no A). Or [name_f]Stefanie[/name_f]/Stefenie. There’s also Stefhanie! Nicknames can include [name_u]Stevie[/name_u], [name_u]Panya[/name_u], [name_f]Phanya[/name_f], [name_f]Fanya[/name_f], [name_u]Stef[/name_u], and [name_f]Steffie[/name_f]. Other variations of the name that don’t include your specifications are [name_f]Stephania[/name_f], [name_f]Stephine[/name_f], [name_f]Stepheney[/name_f], [name_f]Stephanida[/name_f], and a rare [name_m]French[/name_m] form [name_f]Etienette[/name_f].

[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] does feel dated to me, probably because I know so many who are around my age. [name_m]Just[/name_m] off the top of my head, my husband has a cousin name [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], and I once had two roommates at once (a [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] and a [name_f]Stephany[/name_f]!). But it’s still #200 ish in the US, so there must be at least a few babies with it out there!