still can not settle :/ thoughts, again please...

My head continues to spin with [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] or just [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. My other children already call the baby [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] (my two yo [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] calls her “Carrieline” :slight_smile: ). I do love [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], but I am not sure why I just am not envisioning the baby as [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]… I can see a little [name_f]Annie[/name_f], or [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] much easier… not sure why. Hubby loves [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], but said he would be just as pleased with [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] ([name_f]Annie[/name_f]) or [name_f]Grace[/name_f]-[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] ([name_f]Gracie[/name_f]) (and yes, he wants it hyphenated if we go that route)… Honestly I love all three of these!! I do realize I loose what I consider the “superb” combo of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], if I go with [name_f]Anna[/name_f] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f] in front… I will have to do some moving around, and taking out…
I don’t know… what do you all think???

[name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] would have all three names, and your husband’s hyphenation ideas in one name.
And, I think it sounds lovely. :] I also like [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f].

In this case, I think I would go with [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] sounds nice too!
Maybe shortening the name to [name_f]Carol[/name_f] will do the trick? I think [name_f]Carol[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is really nice.

I think I would go with [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] is as cute a nn as [name_f]Annie[/name_f] or [name_f]Gracie[/name_f].

I think we all agree that [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is spectacular, but for me its [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] together that makes it so fabulous- honestly it wouldn’t worry me to see [name_f]Jane[/name_f] go. [name_f]Grace[/name_f]-[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] work beautifully and still have that wow factor, and if you feel more comfortable with them then that’s what counts. Its like buying a beautiful painting that you love, but if it doesn’t look right in any room in your house, then its not perfect- [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] might be like that.

Maybe you should just wait until you meet her. I mean, it sounds like you are overwhelmed trying to put a name to a baby you have even met yet, so perhaps it will come to you. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if your children already call her [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], it sounds like that will be her middle name anyway so it’s not really a problem. My other suggestion was to give [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] a cute little nickname parallel to the cute sounds of [name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Gracie[/name_f]. Like [name_f]Carrie[/name_f], [name_f]Carli[/name_f], or [name_f]Callie[/name_f]. That might help to picture it on your little girl.

I have to warn you, I speak from no experience, though. Best of luck!

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you all think [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] as a nn, sounds outdated compared to [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] or [name_f]Annie[/name_f]???

I can appreciate the idea of waiting until she is born to decide for sure (and that may have to happen), but here is why I am hoping to know BEFORE she is born. We did this with our last baby girl ([name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f])… We had about three names, and we could not decide… we thought we had ([name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]), and then we went back and forth (really, I went back and forth much more than sweet hubby). She was born, and I thought for sure, I would just look at her and know what her name was suppose to be… that did not happen. Hubby and I panicked… spent hours after her birth looking up names and carrying on and on. Finally decided on [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] which were both grandmother’s names ([name_f]Serena[/name_f] was my great-grandmother first name, [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] was his grandmother’s first name), it was one we had considered, but I don’t think we thought we would use it. WE love her name, but in the rush of it all… we both wish we had used her name a little differently and had given her two middles. Hubby was aggravated as all get out at the whole situation, so I really do not want a repeat…

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] - I am so sorry to hear you are second-guessing [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]! It is such a beautiful combination, but maybe it is not the “right” one! I love your idea of [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. For what it’s worth, I don’t think [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] is dated at all - I see [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] as a “classic” nickname, much like [name_f]Annie[/name_f].

I understand your DH being aggravated with the back and forth.

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is beautiful.

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]-[name_f]Ann[/name_f] (gray-san) would honestly be my pick.

Edited for privacy.

I’ve been feeling the [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] love again. Maybe it’s a bit sophisticated for a baby but I think a little girl could quickly grown in to it. I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] though I do think [name_f]Callie[/name_f] is sweet and [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]'s “Carrieline” is super cute. Put [name_u]Neil[/name_u] [name_f]Diamond[/name_f]'s song on repeat and feel the [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] love.

Does one of you really feel tied to a name? That might make the decision easier.

[name_f]Linnie[/name_f] or [name_f]Linny[/name_f] is another nn for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], you could even use [name_u]Ollie[/name_u], [name_u]Ari[/name_u] or [name_f]Ro[/name_f]/Roo, if they’re not too much of a stretch. I agree [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] is a bit dated

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f], really has to stay. Hubby and his entire family are super thrilled we are using it (it was his Maternal grandmother’s name)…I love [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], but not as a FN… [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]… well, I would say most of the family is tied too… hubby calls her [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], as do the other children… We have two articles of clothing personalized with [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] on them (though it wouldn’t take much to add [name_f]Anna[/name_f] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f] to it). My only issue with [name_f]Grace[/name_f], is that if it is used it MUST be FN spot… Not middle… [name_f]Jane[/name_f], I have loved for so long (it honors, hubby and so many in my family, and I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] the meaning)… but hubby doesn’t like [name_f]Jane[/name_f] in the FN spot, and I guess she could go. I have searched high and low, and I don’t think I am missing any potential name, I have tried so many. Hubby is fine with adding either [name_f]Anna[/name_f] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f] to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], but he insists if we do that we hyphenate it… [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f]-[name_f]Caroline[/name_f], which would then leave [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] in the middle name spot, and boot out [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. Other than that, it would mean choosing a completely different first name, and leaving [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] as the two middle names… such as [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]… Or Something along those lines… I am just not sure, maybe I have missed something?.. Here is our list of girl names… some of these have been hanging around for almost 20 years :slight_smile: Some are new… maybe you could look them over to see, if there is something better…
Girls:
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_u]Josie[/name_u] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

Our other children are : [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f] & __________?

Edited for privacy.

Go with [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

I really like the idea of [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] so you could hall her [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] or [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].

Sounds like it’s been really well thought out and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is the perfect name in terms of family significance and people loving it, the only hold up is your feeling.
I personally wouldn’t change a great decision just because of weird feelings at the last minute.

And honestly, you can call her whatever you want. My grandma calls my mother [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] and always has, but that has absolutely no relation to any of her names. It’s just a nickname she’s always used.

So I say, name her [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], and then call her [name_f]Annie[/name_f] or [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] if that floats your boat. It’ll be a sweet thing between you or within your family. It doesn’t have to be in the name for you to call her that.

I have always been a fan of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] above all the other options but if it is really still bothering you after all this time of trying to get used to it then maybe it’s not quite the perfect combo that it seems. I think my best advice to you would be to go for [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f].

That way you can call her [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Carrie[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], or whatever you choose. You will still be keeping [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] which is the most important family honoring name. If you have to let go of one I think it’s best to let go of [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. I honestly do not like the idea of you using [name_f]Grace[/name_f] anywhere in the combo since it is already one of your other daughters’ middle names. It seems your husband has let go of his need for a “little [name_f]Gracie[/name_f]” and I think you have plenty of other great names to choose from instead. Since your husband/children/family are already so fond of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and you admittedly do still like it, [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] would be your best solution. It sounds fantastic with your other kids’ names and like you said, you can simply add “[name_f]Anna[/name_f]-” to the front of any of the already-embroidered [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] onesies. I wish you so much good luck! =]