Still cannot decide....what about these names for our precious daughter...

[name]Milania[/name] pronounced : Mi law nee uh- we like this one but not sure if it sounds too pretentious?? probably use [name]Mila[/name] for short.

[name]Micaela[/name] (latin/Italinan spelling) prefer this spelling as it looks more feminine. [name]Just[/name] not sure if this name is sort of dated or too trendy- still a nice, strong name [name]IMO[/name] …could probably use [name]Mila[/name] for short as well.

Other names we were considering are: [name]Antonia[/name], [name]Alina[/name], [name]Lina[/name], [name]Milena[/name]

Like [name]Maia[/name] (but relative has used this on her daughter) not sure how I feel about using it.

Opinions, suggestions…thanks

I like [name]Milena[/name] nn [name]Mila[/name]

What about:
[name]Ayla[/name]
[name]Caia[/name]
[name]Milla[/name] (Me-la)
[name]Lena[/name] ( [name]Lina[/name])

I posted about the name [name]Milania[/name] on the ‘heard any new-ish names’ post and I didn’t expect to see it on any posts (not saying you took it from the post) but maybe it will be a name that will take off in popularity. I know a baby girl named [name]Milania[/name] and she’s beautiful but I’d never heard her name before.

I don’t like [name]Micaela[/name], its very trendy and way too many alternate spellings, the same for [name]Maia[/name] too.

[name]Milena[/name] would be my favourite, especially with the nn [name]Mila[/name]. It seems a softer and sweeter version of [name]Milania[/name].

Other ideas…
[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Athena[/name]
[name]Peridot[/name]
[name]Arianne[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Callista[/name]
[name]Electra[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Veda[/name]

I heard the name [name]Milania[/name] about 2 years ago on the Real Housewives show. [name]One[/name] of the housewives from [name]Orange[/name] County and another from [name]New[/name] [name]York[/name] both have daughters named [name]Milania[/name] with this exact spelling. I’ve liked it ever since, although not sure if it sounds a bit pretentious.

Isn’t [name]Milania[/name] [name]Donald[/name] Trump’s wife / ex-wife / daughter? That’s the first thing that comes to mind with this name, and I don’t really love it for that reason.

I think [name]Michaela[/name]/[name]Micaela[/name] is way more grounded than [name]Makayla[/name] et al, but I agree spellings could be a headache. I think using a spelling that is close to the classic spelling, but still different from it, unfortunately maybe adds more headaches.

I think [name]Mila[/name] works as a standalone name! I do also like it as a nickname for [name]Milena[/name], although I’ve read on here that [name]Milena[/name] is a medical condition as well if you care about that. I also like [name]Mila[/name] as a nn for [name]Camila[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Antonia[/name] from the other names you’re considering. Underappreciated classic for sure!

They’re all gorgeous names, but I have a super soft spot for [name]Antonia[/name] nn [name]Toni[/name]. I also love [name]Lina[/name] and [name]Maia[/name], just super pretty. [name]Milania[/name] is very pretty and I don’t think it’s pretentious.

I think [name]Milania[/name] sounds kind of made-up, or like a couple different names smashed together. Prefer [name]Milena[/name] or [name]Antonia[/name].

I love [name]Milania[/name], I think it’s a stunning choice.

I love [name]Maia[/name] or [name]Maya[/name], or how about just [name]Milla[/name]? (Mee-ya)

[name]Milania[/name] is a bit too much name in my opinion, and I prefer the soft A sounds to the eee sounds in your other picks (ie [name]Lina[/name]).

I’d love your opinion on our shortlist. We also love [name]Milla[/name] and [name]Maya[/name] and similar soft but strong names.

[name]Charlotte[/name] (nn [name]Lottie[/name])
[name]Amelia[/name] (nn [name]Milla[/name])
[name]Sophia[/name] (nn [name]Sophie[/name])
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name] (nn [name]Lula[/name])
[name]Edie[/name]

I too like [name]Milena[/name], as it chops off a syllable. That keeps it on the right side of frilly.

The medical condition is melena, prn “[name]Mel[/name]-inn-uh.” it’s not something you want, as it means to poop out large quantities of blood. But thankfully [name]Milena[/name] is prn quite differently.

Out of your choices I like [name]Milena[/name] and [name]Antonia[/name] best. [name]Milania[/name] is a cool name but it seems a bit over the top. I actually know a girl named [name]Milan[/name] and it’s surprisingly wearable.

From your list I like [name]Ameila[/name] with nn [name]Mila[/name] that would be very cute.
[name]Sophia[/name] is also very pretty and classical
[name]Hannah[/name] is nice and elegant sounding and soft.

Others you may like; [name]Alexia[/name], [name]Sienna[/name],[name]Kyla[/name], [name]Olivia[/name].

Those would be my favorites from your short list :smiley: Great choices good luck