Still can't choose - help!

Hello!

You are all probably very fed up of me but here we go again! Am still undecided over my son’s name… We are now between [name]William[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name]. I’d appreciate some very honest feedback on:

1. Which you prefer and why?
  2. Which you think sounds better: [name]William[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] or [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Reeves[/name]?
  3. Which fits best with his big sisters [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name]?

Full name combinations we are considering are:
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] - if we use [name]Arthur[/name] then the middle will be [name]William[/name] (hub’s middle)
[name]William[/name] [name]Percival[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] - [name]Percival[/name] is a name we both love but something just not quite right about this combo - can’t quite put my finger on it… Am I overthinking/inventing stuff?
[name]William[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] - this is prob my favourite of the lot - the only thing holding us back is the WAR initials…
[name]William[/name] Albus [name]Reeves[/name] - same problem with the WAR initials and if we decide thats ok, not sure whether I prefer this to [name]Arthur[/name]??

Would be open to any other middle name ideas for [name]William[/name] [name]Reeves[/name].

Thanks, [name]Fran[/name] x

I can see why you are having so much trouble deciding! I think both names sound equally nice with [name]Reeves[/name], and equally nice with their sisters. If I had to decide between the two, I would choose [name]Arthur[/name]. I have always loved the name [name]William[/name], but the popularity/commonality of it has started to wear on me. It seems like there are boys named [name]Will[/name], [name]William[/name] and [name]William[/name] nn [name]Liam[/name] EVERYWHERE…and unfortunately I find myself getting tired of a name that I hear all the time. That is why [name]Arthur[/name] would be refreshing. [name]Arthur[/name] is very familiar, but not popular, so it would be a good match with [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] (also familiar but uncommon). Good luck deciding, I know this is hard!

Thankyou gigi! Anyone else?

I think [name]Lacy[/name], [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] sound perfect together! [name]Arthur[/name] has so much character and it’s still classic. [name]William[/name] has been popular for so long. I love the name [name]William[/name], especially nn [name]Will[/name], but it’s been popular for so long it seems watered down to me. It kind of gets lost next to your daughters’ more unique, animated names.

1. I prefer [name]Arthur[/name], if only because there are plenty of [name]Williams[/name]/[name]Wills[/name] in the world. [name]Both[/name] are great names.
  2. [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] sounds awesome! [name]William[/name] [name]Reeves[/name], while dignified, feels a little too “safe” for my taste.
  3. [name]Arthur[/name], again. It flows very nicely with your girls’ names: [name]Lacey[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], and [name]Arthur[/name]. It just sounds so pleasant and unique! If you choose [name]William[/name], however, each of your children’s names will have an “L” in them, which is kind of cool.

The WAR initials would bother me, so you’ve got to decide if it’s going to bother you enough to regret it later. If you honestly don’t think you, your husband, or your son will have a problem with it in 5, 10 years down the line, then go for it.

I think [name]Arthur[/name] goes better with [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name], and I like it better in general. [name]William[/name] is a great name, but a little boring since there are so many of them.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Fran[/name], [name]Happy[/name] New Year to you and yours. [name]Arthur[/name] would be my choice to join [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name]. [name]Arthur[/name] is not as common as [name]William[/name] and it goes better with your daughter’s name and surname [name]Reeves[/name]. But if you’re still unsure, take both [name]Arthur[/name] and [name]William[/name] to the hospital and see what name the baby “looks” like the most. It’s always best to have a couple of names handy just in case. All the best and let us know that everything goes well!

Another vote for [name]Arthur[/name]!

My vote is 100% with [name]Arthur[/name] [name]William[/name]. [name]William[/name] has completely lost any personality and style it once had. I know so many [name]Williams[/name] it makes my head spin. I hardly consider it a classic; just a boring, generic name like [name]John[/name], [name]Matthew[/name] or [name]Michael[/name]. [name]Arthur[/name], on the other hand, is strong and rarely heard at all. [name]Arthur[/name] has several literary connections, which is a plus for me but may or may not be to you. I think that [name]Arthur[/name] sounds the best with your girls’ names, [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name], because all three names sound as though they came from the same time period. [name]William[/name] could be any guy, any time, any place.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Fran[/name]! Here is another whole-hearted vote for [name]Arthur[/name]! It has SO much more personality and flavor than [name]William[/name], which is so common that it is just very bland to me now. I think [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] sounds wonderful; I don’t think the back-to-back r’s are a problem at all. [name]Arthur[/name] definitely has enough style and interest to stand up to [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name]; I’m not sure that [name]William[/name] does.

The WAR initials would definitely bother me. Sorry to be so blunt but short of profanity, these are among the worst initials I can think of. I think [name]Arthur[/name] [name]William[/name] is a wonderful choice!

[name]Arthur[/name]!
[name]William[/name] is a wonderful, classic name that is an impeccable choice, but there are SO MANY!!! I swear every family I know with more than one boy has a [name]William[/name] these days. I have 5 [name]Will/names in my 3 yr old preschool class! Many people aren’t aware, but [name]William[/name] is actually the number one name in most Southern states.
[name]Arthur[/name], on the other hand, is also classic but distinctive and individual. I also think it’s on the cusp of a bit of an upswing, so it shouldn’t be too uncomfortably unusual for a boy.

[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]! [name]William[/name] is classic and lovely, but I know handfuls of little [name]Wills[/name]/Liams/[name]Williams[/name] but not a single young [name]Arthur[/name]. [name]Arthur[/name] is also classic but it’s much less common, it’s got great literary connections and it’s vintage but not musty. [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] sounds very nice and I think it goes wonderfully with [name]Lacey[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] which are both relatively uncommon but familiar to most people. [name]Arthur[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] is great!

OK! Lots of love for [name]Arthur[/name]! I think the WAR thing really would bother me so… That’s those 2 out…
So we’re left with these:
[name]Lacey[/name] [name]Morgana[/name], [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Isolde[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Reeves[/name]
[name]Lacey[/name] [name]Morgana[/name], [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Isolde[/name] and [name]William[/name] [name]Percival[/name] [name]Reeves[/name]

Thankyou for all your help and [name]Happy[/name] New Year!
[name]Fran[/name] x

Despite the popularity of [name]Arthur[/name] here on nameberry I am sorry to say but if you want honesty I think [name]Arthur[/name] is a geek name, nerdy and old man not cavalier and brave like the legendary [name]King[/name] [name]Arthur[/name].

[name]Honesty[/name] again Albus reminds me of albino and I feel very sorry for anyone who has this condition.

Maybe the problem with [name]Percival[/name] is that it is too long, maybe [name]Perce[/name] or [name]Percy[/name] (both pronounced the same way) would fit better.

I love [name]William[/name]!!

I think [name]Tristan[/name] has the same feel as [name]Percival[/name] would [name]William[/name] [name]Tristan[/name] appeal?

More

[name]William[/name] [name]Darien[/name] not [name]Darren[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Tarquin[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] or [name]Alister[/name] or [name]Alistair[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Jonas[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Oscar[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Neville[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Grant[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Edwin[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Tierney[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Donald[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Dermott[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Brenton[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Sidney[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Louis[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Roland[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Julian[/name]

best wishes
rollo :slight_smile:

I vote for [name]Arthur[/name] [name]William[/name]! It’s a great name and I love the way it sounds with your girls names.

I think (for me) the problem with [name]William[/name] [name]Percival[/name] (you said something felt off and it does to me too) is that [name]William[/name] and [name]Percival[/name] have a few sounds in common and they almost feel rhymey then it is hard to say your last name after the “l” in percival. I do love the name [name]Percival[/name] though- it’s very cool! I just feel like the flow is off.

Congrats on your pregnancy and boy!